Class 2A: Region 6 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

You're wrong! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

DS is a humble freshman for the time being and not #13. I don't think we'll see him on coacht for awhile, but he is hoping for a few snaps with the varsity. Defense or special teams would be my guess though.

There is a lot of talent and improved numbers coming up the ranks in the freshman and sophomore classes at Harpeth. Being out of the ABC region will help tremendously. So will being 4 or 5 years removed from the walk out. I agree that 5-5 is optimistic, but Harpeth will be much more competitive in this region, so the 3-3 in region and battling for 4th place wouldn't surprise me.

Here's Harpeth's 2007 football schedule:

8/31 Waverly

9/7 @ Loretto

9/14 East Robertson

9/21 @ Hickman Co.

9/28 @ FRA

10/5 @ Lewis Co.

10/12 East Hickman

10/19 Richland

10/26 Fairview

11/2 @ Sycamore

I like putting the non district rivalry game with Sycamore at the end of the schedule where it's out of mind until the region is decided and the non region games with Wavo, East Robertson and FRA are 3 games against 2A competition that Harpeth should compete with. The only negative is dropping 3A in county rival Cheatham. The new 2A format only guarantees 3 playoff spots per region and 5 of the 4th place teams will be voted in based on overall record (most likely). If Harpeth can play into the 4th quarter with the 2A portion of their schedule and keep their sophomore qb healthy, I like their chances of competing for a playoff spot.

That's no knock on last years team or the one before that. They were dealt a bad hand from the beginning in that old region.

Dropping Cheatham Co. and adding non-district games against Waverly Central, FRA, & East Robertson was not a terrible decision. I saw ER in the preseason against the Cubs during the spring and they looked like a far cry from their teams of previous years. Athletes like Tico Andrews & Carlos Hudson were lacking in a HUGE WAY!!! Harpeth beat FRA last season and with as many returning players as they have this year they may do the same in 2007. Waverly Central is a 2A team that Harpeth should be expected to matchup well against. I will see them in person up close in the fall when Cheatham Co. scrimmages them. As far as the gate money goes dropping Cheatham Co. was a poor choice. The county rivalries are a good thing and now there can really be no such thing as a true champion of Cheatham County. Harpeth plays Sycamore. Sycamore plays Cheatham Co. Cheatham Co. & Harpeth DO NOT PLAY ONE ANOTHER!!!!!

Harpeth should go 6-4 or 5-5 overall in 2007 and in my opinion they will definately be 3-3 in the region. They should beat East Hickman, Loretto, & Richland. They will be underdogs against Lewis Co., Fairview, & Hickman Co. I see them losing the season finale out of region play at Sycamore. Those other three non-region games will all be highly contested games. Being biased in favor of my fellow county team I will hope that Harpeth wins at least 2 of those 3 games (if not all of them).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping Cheatham Co. and adding non-district games against Waverly Central, FRA, & East Robertson was not a terrible decision. I saw ER in the preseason against the Cubs during the spring and they looked like a far cry from their teams of previous years. Athletes like Tico Andrews & Carlos Hudson were lacking in a HUGE WAY!!! Harpeth beat FRA last season and with as many returning players as they have this year they may do the same in 2007. Waverly Central is a 2A team that Harpeth should be expected to matchup well against. I will see them in person up close in the fall when Cheatham Co. scrimmages them. As far as the gate money goes dropping Cheatham Co. was a poor choice. The county rivalries are a good thing and now there can really be no such thing as a true champion of Cheatham County. Harpeth plays Sycamore. Sycamore plays Cheatham Co. Cheatham Co. & Harpeth DO NOT PLAY ONE ANOTHER!!!!!

Harpeth should go 6-4 or 5-5 overall in 2007 and in my opinion they will definately be 3-3 in the region. They should beat East Hickman, Loretto, & Richland. They will be underdogs against Lewis Co., Fairview, & Hickman Co. I see them losing the season finale out of region play at Sycamore. Those other three non-region games will all be highly contested games. Being biased in favor of my fellow county team I will hope that Harpeth wins at least 2 of those 3 games (if not all of them).

Well Loretto should be a game that Harpeth wins easily, East Hickman should be another but they do have a good coach and I am sure they have some people coming from hickman that should contribute. They could end up being an Independence type team, and what I mean is they will be hard to beat here in 2 or 3 years. Richland I think will beat Harpeth, because of there strength, they actually WORK OUT!!!!! That is going to kill Harpeth the way it has the last 4 years. I was on the team and worked out as much as possible and was there for every mandatory work out or conditioning they had, BUT it doesnt help when I was one of 12 people there for it. And from what I heard there was only 5 people at the last "mandatory" work out, with work outs like that they will be lucky to win 2 games. I hope for them to when them all, but I am a realist and now that I am out of Harpeth I am not going to show nowhere near the amount of biased opinion as I did have in the past. I will still have biased opinion, but it will not be anywhere near the same as it was. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The Cheatham County deal was made with the head instead of the heart Big Country. Harpeth had to make a decision to increase their chances of making the playoffs and scheduling two 3A teams in county and 1A neighbor Nashville Christian isn't conducive to that. Harpeth needs to compete against 2A competition inside and outside their district to get to where they want to go. I'd love for Harpeth to get to the level where they can play even with their basketball and baseball district brethren like Creekwood, Montgomery Central, Sycamore and Cheatham. Those are natural rivalries that everybody enjoys watching.

I feel your pain HHSNumber1. Work ethic has got to improve and I think it will with some success on the field. Most small schools like Harpeth need all hands on deck with all of their athletic programs and too many kids are specializing in one sport. That hurts a program that's down like the football program has been over the last 3 or 4 years. There are morning and afternoon sessions and it's my understanding that the attendance is improving. Remember that basketball camps are going on in June and several of those guys should be playing football as well.

The Cheatham County deal was made with the head instead of the heart Big Country. Harpeth had to make a decision to increase their chances of making the playoffs and scheduling two 3A teams in county and 1A neighbor Nashville Christian isn't conducive to that. Harpeth needs to compete against 2A competition inside and outside their district to get to where they want to go. I'd love for Harpeth to get to the level where they can play even with their basketball and baseball district brethren like Creekwood, Montgomery Central, Sycamore and Cheatham. Those are natural rivalries that everybody enjoys watching.

I feel your pain HHSNumber1. Work ethic has got to improve and I think it will with some success on the field. Most small schools like Harpeth need all hands on deck with all of their athletic programs and too many kids are specializing in one sport. That hurts a program that's down like the football program has been over the last 3 or 4 years. There are morning and afternoon sessions and it's my understanding that the attendance is improving. Remember that basketball camps are going on in June and several of those guys should be playing football as well.

I am really happy that they are actually having morning and afternoon work out sessions, i know the past two years of my high school career they only had afternoon practices which is hard for people to make because they work a night shift. Then you have to go to the local fitness center and get a membership just to work out for football. I know this will help get more people there, my freshman and sophomore year there was a lot of people in the weightroom and my freshman year we made it to the playoffs(lost to the state champs). Also my freshman year there were a number of freshmen that got playing time, because they worked out in the summer and knew what they were doing. They were not playing because we only had 25 players. It is starting to get like that again, which is a very good thing. I am sad, but excited that I will get to come back and watch the team hopefully do good. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to Lewis co...maybe we'll see you guys somewhere down the road in the playoffs. I sure would have liked to have kept what was becoming a great rivalry between the Panthers and Lions going...but oh well, hope ya'll have a great season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to Lewis co...maybe we'll see you guys somewhere down the road in the playoffs. I sure would have liked to have kept what was becoming a great rivalry between the Panthers and Lions going...but oh well, hope ya'll have a great season.

ya the camden game last year was one of the best games i've ever played in and its the team im gonna miss playing the most i hope we do play in the playoffs and best of luck to camden getting there

Well Loretto should be a game that Harpeth wins easily, East Hickman should be another but they do have a good coach and I am sure they have some people coming from hickman that should contribute. They could end up being an Independence type team, and what I mean is they will be hard to beat here in 2 or 3 years. Richland I think will beat Harpeth, because of there strength, they actually WORK OUT!!!!! That is going to kill Harpeth the way it has the last 4 years. I was on the team and worked out as much as possible and was there for every mandatory work out or conditioning they had, BUT it doesnt help when I was one of 12 people there for it. And from what I heard there was only 5 people at the last "mandatory" work out, with work outs like that they will be lucky to win 2 games. I hope for them to when them all, but I am a realist and now that I am out of Harpeth I am not going to show nowhere near the amount of biased opinion as I did have in the past. I will still have biased opinion, but it will not be anywhere near the same as it was.

Hickman co. lost very few starters to east. We are still a young team but a talented one. I still say lewis is the team to beat.

Lewis County will take first this year with out having camden in there with them lol...

I'l give 2nd to Fairview who did have a decent team last year and should be able to manage these 6aa teams after the past years of the abc schools

3rd is a toss up between harpeth, hickman, and east hick mainly because im not too sure about the hick teams yet and should be good surprise

loretto and richland will round out the bottom 2 with loretto being on the bottom still, but should do a whole lot better than the 0-10 they has last season..maybe at least 1 or 2 wins..but yea u gotta go through these rebuilding seasons

good luck to lewis co, richland and loretto, dont seem right having to play ya'l but maybe we'l be able to see at least lewis co in playoffs rep'n the old 6aa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...