Class 1A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This region will come down to offensive production.

Not in the way that some regions do where the region championship game has a score of 43-44 and both teams get over 600 yards offense, but with Gordonsville going to have a solid D, Trousdale always having a solid D, and FCS always having a solid D, this region will come down to which of those three can score on the others and less on who can play D because they all can.

That being said the obvious top two are G-ville and FCS because Trousdale has no one returning from last year that is proven in point production. After that it is all in your oppinion of who can score better, Gordonsville QB and Tailback, or FCS's three back combo.

QUOTE(timbdp @ Jun 14 2007 - 11:37 AM) 826474996[/snapback]playoff teams will be

fcs

trousdale co

gordonsville

monterey or watertown

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

As for the top team, I'm going with Gordonsville, but it will be a tremendous battle between them and FCS. Trousdale will be strong as always. I still say this is the top region in the state, in terms of having three teams who can contend for the state title year-in and year-out.

It may not be the best from top to bottom, but how many regions are strong in that respect? Look at your first-round playoff scores. You have an occasional upset, but to have three teams capable of going all the way speaks for itself, I believe.

You and i have talked about this particular subject about as much has we argue about public/privates. It all comes down to being a balanced team.

I know I was just messing with ya. Anybody who knows anything about football knows defense wins championships.

However, I dont think Marco would be traded to get better athletes to bolster MP's defense. LOL. Anyway goodluck to region 4 this year.