Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

You're right, losing one player might not seem like much but when it's a difference maker at a skill position it can be a huge loss. Sequatchie had their all-state WR/KR/DB out for all but 3 1/2 games last year, he had five INT in one game as a junior and was averaging 30 yards per KR as a senior until getting hurt, had 10 catches in a half one game. He was developing into a very good player and his junior numbers were his second year of high school ball, he didn't play as a freshman. What is Ford's situation, is he out, trying to play anywhere?

Michael Ford is out! But that is the only thing good going for him right now. Sad to say he never meant anything he said in his article. He is back doing the same old things. Gang banging is his primary focus. When he looks back on it he will see that he made a HUGE mistake

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count your chickens before they hatch Old War Horse. ND will probably win the region (Where do they play? at Howard I am thinking.), followed by Howard then a scramble for 3-4 with Polk, Meigs, ER and the rest of the region. Central is a year away from being a contender, they have a good staff and a good young core of players, but look for next year+ for them to be on their way.

The Bears are not that big or slow, they have a couple of kids who are big. Big TJ is over 300 (yes he can move), he is only a sophomore and Nic Talley is a big guy.

New Head Coach, (Coach Hunt) who has been part of the program for a long time. Trust me I played for the man. He will lead, they will follow and things will change in the future. It may take some time but all the kids love the man.

I hope the boys are doing well this offseason.

Go Bears!!

The Red Nation and the Tiger Nation . Polk is DONE the Red Nation stuff is played out . Meigs lost alot of Tallent last year. Going to be hard to replace Roberts.. As far as the field goes, who cares if you storm the field. Our coaching staff was just keeping the Meth Heads off the field before they got hurt. McMinn Central will finish 2nd or 3rd. No team will make it to the 2nd round and . When was the last time anyone from "The Red Nation" played college football. The Red Nation and the Tiger Nation . Polk is DONE the Red Nation stuff is played out . Meigs lost alot of Tallent last year. Going to be hard to replace Roberts.. As far as the field goes, who cares if you storm the field. Our coaching staff was just keeping the Meth Heads off the field before they got hurt. McMinn Central will finish 2nd or 3rd. No team will make it to the 2nd round and . When was the last time anyone from "The Red Nation" played college football.

If i'm not mistaking Josh Couch (graduate in I think 2002 or 03) went to UTC. Kevin Trew 2006 graduate (Carson-Newman)

2007 graduate Ryan St. John (Tenn Tech Univ)

IF I'M NOT MISTAKING, when was the ''LAST TIME'' Central beat Polk in football???????????? Was it 1999??????????? THOUGHT SO, you may wanna go do you a little rain dance before coming to Benton this fall.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch Old War Horse. ND will probably win the region (Where do they play? at Howard I am thinking.), followed by Howard then a scramble for 3-4 with Polk, Meigs, ER and the rest of the region. Central is a year away from being a contender, they have a good staff and a good young core of players, but look for next year+ for them to be on their way.

The Bears are not that big or slow, they have a couple of kids who are big. Big TJ is over 300 (yes he can move), he is only a sophomore and Nic Talley is a big guy.

New Head Coach, (Coach Hunt) who has been part of the program for a long time. Trust me I played for the man. He will lead, they will follow and things will change in the future. It may take some time but all the kids love the man.

I hope the boys are doing well this offseason.

Go Bears!!

I talked to one of the Tellico coaches and he said this was the smallest team he could remember in a long time at Tellico. (size not numbers). Do they have any speed?

9th Yellow Jackets- Spread Offense, No Athletes, No Depth, No Wins in 2007

You hear that Yellow Jackets?

Lock up the field house. Stop mowing the grass. Call off the delivery trucks to the concession stand. Cheerleaders, put away your pom-poms.

No need and even bothering with it Grundy Co. You don't have a chance.

We'll see Old Warhorse.

We'll see.

DL.

You think wrong my friend!!!! Howard was picked to finish first last year but fell to third. ND and Meigs were simply better teams and ND and has become quite the rival to us. They were picked to finish first last year mainly because they thought Michael Ford would be available in that case they may have won because I didnt see anyone matching up with the 6'5 reciever. But he didnt play and it showed because they have virtually no passing attack. But look out for the recievers on this years team Brandon Allen, Darius Ricks, and Jehron Reynolds

I have to disagree with you on meigs simply being a better team than howard. I think if you asked any coach in the region who they would rather play ever week 10 out of 10 would have rather played meigs than howard. Why is it that when meigs beats someone it is simply that meigs had a better team but when other region teams win a game or beats meigs they have better coaching. Was it just me or did anyone see meigs play notre dame, polk, howard , central, or even east ridge and see the difference in talent that meigs was facing. Every team they faced had more speed than them and notre dame , central , and polk were bigger than meigs. The point i am making is i think meigs is the most disrespected or overlooked team in the region every year . I am just saying when other teams in the region have good years it is because the coaching is so good but when meigs wins it is because they supposedly have better players. I think the coaching staff deserves a little respect . just trying to support my beloved tigers and of course i am looking through tiger colored glasses.

I have to disagree with you on meigs simply being a better team than howard. I think if you asked any coach in the region who they would rather play ever week 10 out of 10 would have rather played meigs than howard. Why is it that when meigs beats someone it is simply that meigs had a better team but when other region teams win a game or beats meigs they have better coaching. Was it just me or did anyone see meigs play notre dame, polk, howard , central, or even east ridge and see the difference in talent that meigs was facing. Every team they faced had more speed than them and notre dame , central , and polk were bigger than meigs. The point i am making is i think meigs is the most disrespected or overlooked team in the region every year . I am just saying when other teams in the region have good years it is because the coaching is so good but when meigs wins it is because they supposedly have better players. I think the coaching staff deserves a little respect . just trying to support my beloved tigers and of course i am looking through tiger colored glasses.

I have to disagree with you. Even though meigs probably wasnt that fast they countered with their power. They had ball players and good coaching especially that Stud at RB

Four playoff teams, IMO.

ND will hit their stride mid-season. Dark horse for a trip to Murfreesboro. Remind me of 05 Team. Actually should have beat LA when they went on to win it. Believe they beat Catholic in 04 to advance when both were playing D2. They have what it takes. Coaching, talent, program infastructure, etc. Could be their year? Wouldn't surprise me.

2. Howard.

3. Polk County.

4. Meigs County.

ruse?

Four playoff teams, IMO.

ND will hit their stride mid-season. Dark horse for a trip to Murfreesboro. Remind me of 05 Team. Actually should have beat LA when they went on to win it. Believe they beat Catholic in 04 to advance when both were playing D2. They have what it takes. Coaching, talent, program infastructure, etc. Could be their year? Wouldn't surprise me.

2. Howard.

3. Polk County.

4. Meigs County.

ruse?

ruse?...............Did you see the game??.....that's a pretty bold statement you make!!............."actually they should have beat LA". LOL.... That's why that game and the 05 season was so special. Everybody was looking ahead when they played LA. Were you on that ND staff that year, because that's exactly the attitude they had when they rolled into HOG-EYE that cold Nov. night. I believe one of the coaches from ND made a statement that LA had come to the end of the road and should be proud that they made it this far. To much Wilson Cates plain and simple. It was without a doubt one of the best individual performances that I have ever seen by a high school athlete. I'm sure the ND faithful will never forget that night either.I'm sure they will remember Cates for years to come.

Anybody who has been around this area and knows anything about high school football appreciates the success of the Meigs County High football program. Since the early 90's, they have been consistent winners against all area teams. No one can argue that they have dominated the last 15 years against rivals such as Polk County and McMinn Central. Until Tyner and Boyd moved to 2A, the Tigers were always the team to beat. During this span they beat up on the so called great valley teams from Marion, Bledsoe and Sequachie Counties. They move to 3A and still continue to beat the "best". Most recently they were the 3-3A Champ 2006. During this past 15 years it obvious to me that they have great players, quality coaching and outstanding community support. I do not think the Tigers are disrespected. In fact they are held in high regard by the old warhorse.