Class 3A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

What do ya have against Coach Daniel and the Creek Wood coaching staff??????? I believe those guys have done some excellent things in a short amount of time over there in Charlotte.

One would assume he is refering to the archaic smokestack offense and the 3 plays that creekwood is determined to run, no matter if they have the players to run it with. Good coaching normally adjust scheme to players.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Lipscomb - Always good with ecxellent coaching

2. Marshall Co - Tons of talent, better coaching, could actually win it

3. Cheatham Co - Will be back after a down year last year, great coaching staff

4. Giles Co - Tons of talent, decent coaching, but other teams in region are too good

5. Page - Will improve

6. Creekwood - Should be fighting for 3rd or 4th, but stubborn coaching staff...

7. Spring Hill - Who really knows about this team, has talent....

8. Montgomery Central - Needs to play Houston and Stewart Co about 10 times to be have a chance of winning 5 games...

Coach Daniel runs a great ship at CW. His assistants are as good as they come in high school football. CW will be tough in region 5-AAA this season. Good luck bird, staff, and players! You know we'll be pulling for you here at EAST!

Hey BC, I think coach Daniel and those guys are good coaches too. But I can't for the life of me figure out why they run that Maryland I formation. I think that is terrible. I don't know why anyone would want to run that unless they averaged 280+ across the line and didn't have much speed in the backfield. I like the wishbone better than that, at least you can run a good triple option out of the bone. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey BC, I think coach Daniel and those guys are good coaches too. But I can't for the life of me figure out why they run that Maryland I formation. I think that is terrible. I don't know why anyone would want to run that unless they averaged 280+ across the line and didn't have much speed in the backfield. I like the wishbone better than that, at least you can run a good triple option out of the bone.

I think that is what they do just because that is the style of football that Creek Wood has to play with the capabilities of the players that they have (and have had in the past). Jackie Bledsoe, who is now the head coach at Dickson County, started the football program at Creek Wood when they jumped to the varsity level in 2003. In the school's FIRST YEAR at the varsity level they finished 5th in the region at 4-6 and were just a TD away from making the playoffs in a loss to Marshall Co. Bledsoe left and took the job at Dickson Co. following that season and Chuck Daniel, who had previously coached at Hickman Co., took the job. In Creek Wood's second year they improved by one game and beat teams such as Sycamore & Cheatham Co. Close losses to Marshall Co. & Montgomery Central cost the school the playoffs in coach Daniel's first year as head coach. In coach Daniel's second year in 2005 the program reached new heights. Creek Wood finished that season at 9-3 and during that season the team beat teams such as Page, Cheatham Co., Sycamore, Marshall Co., & Jackson South Side. They did this behind a power rushing attack that featured a tremendous duo in Josh Vaughn & Ben Steverson. Both of those young men rushed for more than 1,200 yards that season. This past year Creek Wood was young but as you saw they do have some good young talent. TJ Dollard is a versitile player at QB who will give teams fits. I look for Creek Wood to have a talented duo once again in their offensive backfield this upcoming season. TE Stokes is a hoss at RB who really impressed people throughout last season. Caleb Bell is a talented young back who should make serious contributions this upcoming season for the Red Hawks. Creek Wood has had three all-state offensive linemen since the school started playing on Friday nights four years ago (Fizer, Krantz, & Darnell). They have had two all-state caliber running backs (Vaughn & Steverson). Despite last year's late season struggles the football team has won under Chuck Daniel's leadership. All in all I will not question his coaching and will say that his team will be one to look out for in the playoff picture this upcoming season.

Region 5-3A has got to be one of the tougher regions in the state to call from top-to-bottom just because the teams are usually so even from #'s 3-7 year in and year out. 2007 will be no different!!!

I totally agree with you about CD. I still don't like that formation though. One more thing...I don't think CW is a young as you remember BC. How many seniors did they lose last year? I know it was in double digits. One of their coaches told me at Tunica that they played lots of seniors that didn't get it done. I don't expect them to make the playoffs this year. I think they'll finish sixth. I do think they are well coached though.

I totally agree with you about CD. I still don't like that formation though. One more thing...I don't think CW is a young as you remember BC. How many seniors did they lose last year? I know it was in double digits. One of their coaches told me at Tunica that they played lots of seniors that didn't get it done. I don't expect them to make the playoffs this year. I think they'll finish sixth. I do think they are well coached though.

I have them finishing 6th in a very stacked region. Most of their seniors were linemen (that played). Examples include Justin Darnell & Stan Krantz. Dawson will be a huge loss from the secondary. He may have been the best defensive back in the region.

I really liked DL's young skill palyers that I saw in the championship game last yr. Seems like they have some OL/DL to replace, but they execute so well, that you just know the kids have been running the plays for yrs, and next year will be no different.