Class 3A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

It looks like everyone has decided that the top two teams in the region will end up like this:

1. DL (of course, until somebody beats them, I guess they'll stay numero uno)

2.Marshall County (Hightower, O'Neal, and Braden, why not?)

Here's the scoop on Giles County: TRUE with the loss of Dunnavant and Edgemon, an outsider would think that it would be impossible to fill those massive shoes, BUT, Josh Perez and Bo Wallace have had an awesome off-season, major work in the weightroom and a 7 on 7 helped Wallace improve on his strenght, footwork, vision, and accuracy. Perez, already a beast before the off season has packed on even more muscle and is running the ball like a man on a mission.

Defensively: GC is still in good shape after a few key losses. Dangerfield is coming back, along with Harney, Reynolds, Perez, and Turner, not to mention Birdsong and Timms who helped out alot on the D line last year. Dangerfield will remain a force to be reckoned with.

Offensively: Losses on the offensive line are being remedied with more speed and emphasis on better technique. Kyle Motts will anchor the line at the tackle position, with Gleason returning at a guard. New addition Andre McElroy and the returner Marquise Gardner head up the improved receiving core who've participated in in 7 on 7's with Hoover, Prattville, Athens, and Bob Jones out of Alabama, as well as LaVergne, Brentwood Academy, Lincoln County, and Oakland in the 4 and 5A classifications of TN.

Don't count Giles County out of the hunt just yet, pre season polls are just that, polls. Good luck to all region 5 3A teams.

I agree with everything that you've said about Giles Co. Where will the Bobcats play their home games this coming fall now that "The Brickyard" is out of the question????? I know that Richland didn't schedule it's home & away games in accordance to Giles County's home & away games in preparation for this. Giles Co. doesn't have a field at the school seeing as how they use that really nice indoor practice facility.

Playing home games on Thursday or Saturday nights at Richland seems like an option if the people at RHS would allow it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything that you've said about Giles Co. Where will the Bobcats play their home games this coming fall now that "The Brickyard" is out of the question????? I know that Richland didn't schedule it's home & away games in accordance to Giles County's home & away games in preparation for this. Giles Co. doesn't have a field at the school seeing as how they use that really nice indoor practice facility.

Playing home games on Thursday or Saturday nights at Richland seems like an option if the people at RHS would allow it.

I dont think the stadium is out of the question just yet, but it doesnt sound good.Giles county in fact has two

fields at the school,but no lighting or seating.Thursday or sat. games at Richland shouldn't be a problem seeing

that giles and richland are the same school system,although I dont think the cats would like it much.

This is a problem that should have been adressed long before now.How often do stadiums get inspected by

the state,? The kids wont get a second chance at high school football,and this certianly will take a lot away from

them if the city or whomever is suposed to be on top of this stuff doesnt effectively solve this problem.

So, basically, last year was a fluke for Spring Hill. Is that the going trend? Where's the love Big Country (7th ????)

Spring Hill will be competitive. I don't care how many players they lost...having Coach McNight for spring practice and summer work will make them better...and Magwan returning doesn't hurt either. The Columbia area has tons of talent...Spring Hill will be fine.

Unfortunately, all of the other teams will be competitive as well. David Lipscomb and Marshall Co. look to be the dominant teams, but any of the other teams (with the exception of Mont. Central) can beat you. A 7th place finish is a realistic possibility for half the region.

I dont think the stadium is out of the question just yet, but it doesnt sound good.Giles county in fact has two

fields at the school,but no lighting or seating.Thursday or sat. games at Richland shouldn't be a problem seeing

that giles and richland are the same school system,although I dont think the cats would like it much.

This is a problem that should have been adressed long before now.How often do stadiums get inspected by

the state,? The kids wont get a second chance at high school football,and this certianly will take a lot away from

them if the city or whomever is suposed to be on top of this stuff doesnt effectively solve this problem.

Keep me updated on what decisions will be made regarding Sam Davis Park. It's a great place to watch a high school football game and despite THE LONG JOURNEY from Cheatham-to-Giles it would still be a sad day if Giles is unable to play AT THEIR OWN HOUSE this season.

What's the problem with the stadium at Pulaski, except bad officials?

Obviously the folks in Marshall County are still a little sensitive about "their year" ending without a playoff birth thanks to the last game loss at the hands of Giles County. As for the Brickyard, temporary renovations will be sufficient for the Bobcats to play their games there.

Obviously the folks in Marshall County are still a little sensitive about "their year" ending without a playoff birth thanks to the last game loss at the hands of Giles County. As for the Brickyard, temporary renovations will be sufficient for the Bobcats to play their games there.

So Giles WILL PLAY their games at "The Brickyard" this season without question?????

$150,000: Temp. Fixture

$500,000: All Problems Solved

Play Games at Richland on Thursdays or Saturdays

Play ALL Games on the Road

THOSE ARE THE FOUR OPTIONS IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!!!

to replace the bleachers the mayor said on ch 2. news the prices could reach into the million $ figure.it said in the news paper that it would probably be are right to play this season but at seasons end something would have to be done.as for the field that the bobcats practice on i don't think its quiet 100 yards .

to replace the bleachers the mayor said on ch 2. news the prices could reach into the million $ figure.it said in the news paper that it would probably be are right to play this season but at seasons end something would have to be done.as for the field that the bobcats practice on i don't think its quiet 100 yards .

they also said that the insurance company will be dropping the stadium off the policy in 30 days.i say get the practice field ready bring in a temp.score board and temp lights make the field offical and lets get it on i'd love to see them play at the high school i'll stand and watch.(it worked on friday night lights)

they also said that the insurance company will be dropping the stadium off the policy in 30 days.i say get the practice field ready bring in a temp.score board and temp lights make the field offical and lets get it on i'd love to see them play at the high school i'll stand and watch.(it worked on friday night lights)

It will be disappointing not be able to play at the City Park(stadium). Its very convenient to one of our favorite eating establishments on the road--the restaurant is right there at the park. Hope they can get something done by the time the Mustangs come calling.