Class 3A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Nashville school and sorry it took so long but I was already at the CC-Fairview scrimmage.

Thanks anyway. How did CC look?From what I know,which isn't a lot, they should do well this year

even though they lost some skill players.I cant understand the polls not ranking them above a few other region

teams.Am i wrong or dont they have a lot coming back?Should be very good everywhere but a few skill positions.

How did Marshall Co.'s scrimmage go today????

I heard Marshall Co. looked good at the Lavergne camp. Got into a couple fights with Lavergne on the day they went with them. They also went with Lincoln Co. and I think Goodpasture. No major injuries, but the guys got a little worn down. I think they are working harder than they have in the past. The offensive line is getting better which is bad new for MC's opponents, because everyone knows how good the skill postitions are!

I heard Marshall Co. looked good at the Lavergne camp. Got into a couple fights with Lavergne on the day they went with them. They also went with Lincoln Co. and I think Goodpasture. No major injuries, but the guys got a little worn down. I think they are working harder than they have in the past. The offensive line is getting better which is bad new for MC's opponents, because everyone knows how good the skill postitions are!

we didnt scrimmage Goodpasture

Results: Lipscomb #1 defense shuts out Overton's #1 Offense. Lipscomb starters take it 7-0. Overall final was 10-9.

I'm sure coach Mac has yet to really get deep into his offensive playbook yet and that DL ran the trap about every snap that they were on offense. Defensively that is a great feat for DL to shutout Overton because Daniel White is returning for the Bobcats and he had a great season running the football in '06.

BC, get the update on the CC fairview scrimmage. Heard Fairview won 2 to 1.

The final between the varsity teams was 1-1. It was a 10-PLAY format type of scrimmage on each of the two teams first two offensive series' and the Cubs scored on their second series on play number 9 when Justin Batts plunged into the end zone from one yard out. Fairview also scored on their second series on play number 10 when their quarterback Ben Johnson hit a receiver from 19 yards out to tie the scrimmage at 1-1. From then each of the teams had two series' each going down and distance. Neither first team offense was able to get much going as the defenses really dominated.

Cheatham Co. does not have a freshman offensive unit in place yet. Fairview does have a freshmen offensive unit in place. The Yellow Jackets freshmen scored twice on the Cubs freshmen.

Fairview has a fine football team as usual and they will do some great things in year number one of the "Whitefeld Era".

update on Giles Co. bleachers situation they are going to temp. fix the visitor side because that side is in the best shape and the home fans and visiting fans will have to share it. i don't know if they are going to get any temp. bleachers and put them on the track or not.as for the home side bleachers they will be off limits to everyone except for the people who are in the press box.they will have the police guarding that side turning people away that are not supposed to be over there.as for sharing the bleachers that presents another problem because Lawrenceburg usually brings a crap load of people and their band.