Knox CHS 2007

footballu

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boss de plane-its landing on fantasy island or should i say central (fantasy) island. woo hoo you won the passing leage and Fulton without too of its best players. keep dreaming and starting around aug 31 youll get kicked out of bed.

If your lame comment does nothing else, at least it puts this thread back near the top. Thanks

All you have to worry about is two games AE and Catholic, then you can win state again, Everybody else in 3-A is WEAK.

3-A is no weaker than 4-A in this area. Outside of Maryville, Fulton and Catholic for the last couple years are better than each team in 4-A in this area. Powell, Halls, SD, LC are all not very good (West & Central are lil above average but no better). Fulton typically scrimmages Powell and does WELL. Fulton also handled M'town West fairly easily last year too, which beat 4-A region runner-up Knox West - which crushed Central 30-7).

I don't think there is as much difference in 3-A and 4-A as you think. Throughout the state 4-A is better but it should be right??? Anytime a school has more kids to choose from, that school likely will have more quality players. Its a #'s game. You give someone a school of 1,200 kids and someone else a school of 800 then the school with 1,200 should have an easier time finding players, now does it always work out that way, NO but in some cases it does. Athlete for athlete and per cappa Fulton, AE, Catholic & Alcoa are as strong as any school/team in the state.

3-A is no weaker than 4-A in this area. Outside of Maryville, Fulton and Catholic for the last couple years are better than each team in 4-A in this area. Powell, Halls, SD, LC are all not very good (West & Central are lil above average but no better). Fulton typically scrimmages Powell and does WELL. Fulton also handled M'town West fairly easily last year too, which beat 4-A region runner-up Knox West - which crushed Central 30-7).

I don't think there is as much difference in 3-A and 4-A as you think. Throughout the state 4-A is better but it should be right??? Anytime a school has more kids to choose from, that school likely will have more quality players. Its a #'s game. You give someone a school of 1,200 kids and someone else a school of 800 then the school with 1,200 should have an easier time finding players, now does it always work out that way, NO but in some cases it does. Athlete for athlete and per cappa Fulton, AE, Catholic & Alcoa are as strong as any school/team in the state.

I probably agree with most of what you say except for one thing. West did not crush Central even though the score might indicate that. The game was 7-6 Central going into the 4th quarter.

Like I stated Fulton only has to beat Catholic or AE to win state. In 2006 Fulton defeated these teams in the playoffs in order listed. Claiborne County, Carter, Catholic, Pearl Cohn, and David Lipscomb. THAT is not an intimidating list, Is it?? In regards to scrimmages Central dominates AE every year when they scrimmage. Last year Catholic beat CHS in the jamboree, but on the first 2 series Centrals starters were in on defense and the Irish couldnt get out of the backfield.

In reference to the West game CHS led at half time 7-6, shortly after half the Cats had several injuries to add to lengthy list entering the game. Three West TDs came after the 2nd team QB fumbled inside the Bobcat 20 yardline one of which was in the end zone where West recovered for the TD. Central essentially played the 2nd half of that game with a JV squad. If you need proof watch the film.

When it comes to this season, the Cats have tallent but with a few injuries it could be a long year, however if they can stay healthy I can see 9-1 or 8-2, West will be the swing game. I think West and Central are alot closer than some folks think. Central looked good in the passing league, but its alot different when the reciever knows hes gonna get blasted after the catch, or the QB is pressured.

Like I stated Fulton only has to beat Catholic or AE to win state. In 2006 Fulton defeated these teams in the playoffs in order listed. Claiborne County, Carter, Catholic, Pearl Cohn, and David Lipscomb. THAT is not an intimidating list, Is it?? In regards to scrimmages Central dominates AE every year when they scrimmage. Last year Catholic beat CHS in the jamboree, but on the first 2 series Centrals starters were in on defense and the Irish couldnt get out of the backfield.

In reference to the West game CHS led at half time 7-6, shortly after half the Cats had several injuries to add to lengthy list entering the game. Three West TDs came after the 2nd team QB fumbled inside the Bobcat 20 yardline one of which was in the end zone where West recovered for the TD. Central essentially played the 2nd half of that game with a JV squad. If you need proof watch the film.

When it comes to this season, the Cats have tallent but with a few injuries it could be a long year, however if they can stay healthy I can see 9-1 or 8-2, West will be the swing game. I think West and Central are alot closer than some folks think. Central looked good in the passing league, but its alot different when the reciever knows hes gonna get blasted after the catch, or the QB is pressured.

I dont see any difference in 3A and 4A .. Maryville only has to get by Morristown West and Red Bank to get to finals most years ... I saw Fulton handle Morristown West in scrimmage last year .. I think most years Fulton, Catholic , AE could play with anybody else in 4A except Maryville .... Fulton will probably be a bit down this year ... OL and DL are gonna struggle but LOOK OUT in 2008 ....

PigSkinRules.

Use your logic on Central. Central only had to beat Rhea County or Oops, lost to Rhea Co. 1st round. One & done.

"Fulton only had to beat Catholic or AE to win State. In 2006 beat Claiborne, Carter, Catholic, PC, and DL. That is not an intimidating list is it?"

Well outside of Claiborne & Carter, yeah it is. Carter was a rematch, as was Catholic, and those are never easy. Catholic also had 2 BCS D1 signees, and a number of other kids off that team go on to play on Saturdays. Oh, but you already know that is the same Catholic team that beat you in the Jamboree 14-0 in one 1/4. Fluke or 2nd teamers? No. I think that is the same Catholic program that you squeaked by 7-6 in 05 when they went for a 2 pt conversion & the win as opposed to the tie. That was with the much hyped Gaston Miller, Helton, etc group. Pearl Cohn had Mason and Gupton who both signed with North Carolina, a D1 TE, and a JR. QB by the name of Mason who was all state last yr. has BCS offers, and IMO could be the 3A Back of the yr. in 07. Rogan and Co. said it was by far the most athletic team they had seen. PC has produced prospect after prospect, yr. after yr. John Henderson ring a bell? Lipscomb had no less than 6 IMO kids that will play D1 ball on that team last yr. They too produce prospects, ie Austin Rodgers, UT-WR. Actually his younger brother Zach is a big time prospect for the 09 class that started last yr.

"In regards to scrimmages, Central dominates AE every year when they scrimmage" I would venture a guess that Anthony McCallister would disagree w/ that statement along with some others. As far as last yr., AE was far and away the most improved team in the Knox area between weeks zero and week 13 when they were eliminated. Further, you should not take credit for a scrimmage victory against AE when you dismiss a scrimmage loss (Jamboree to Catholic). It just doesn't add up.

Now your last two paragraphs are a contradiction. On the one hand you write that the West game last year was 7-6 @ the 1/2 and due to injuries, and fumbles, and JV players in the 2nd 1/2 the game was lost. On the other hand you expect that the West game this year will be the swing game. West has a large contingent of those players back in addition to Wagner from Fulton at WR, and Ayers from Webb @ LB or DT or OT or wherever. 6-3, 220+, fast tough kid. Those West kids will be playing against some of the same JV players that were unexpectedly on the field in the 2nd 1/2 of the game last year. No? Be that as it may, injuries, and fumbles are unfortunately a part of the game.

I have been a huge fan of both Styles and Wilson on both the field and the court for a long time, and I expect that they along with the others will have a vastly improved year, and stay both injury, and excuse free.

ruse?

Who is "Whining" now and making "Excuses."

Catholic, Pearl Cohn and Lipscomb could have competed with any of the top 4A schools. Central would not have came as close as 14 points to PC...they had two to three top rated receivers, which included 6'6" R. Mason (#1 WR in TN on rivals) and 6'3" Gupton (#4 WR in Tn on rivals)...both of whom commited to North Carolina...and 6'3" TE Gordon (#4 TE in TN on rivals) running all over the field... not to mention a 6'3" junior QB D Mason (one of the state's top QB/Athlete prospects for 2007) throwing the rock.

Catholic, PC and Lipscomb all individually had more college prospects last year than Central (Blair being the one and only)...check the credentials and then remove the red and black colored glasses!

Better be happy Central didnt come to the hill last year...it wouldn't have been pretty!

Cherish your flag championship...you guys will need some sort of concession this year!

Carter is in 3A for a reason (it wasn just enrollment). Fulton and Catholic would be too, after 1 year in 4A. Fulton was getting beat by Alcoa at one point last year. Catholic had a lot of help from the refs at Fulton.

No one listed above could beat MHS and Central on a regular basis in today's game...