Fall baseball

Rebelsports

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that 8 high schools got together and have formed a league in one city. They will have 8 teams with no more than 5 players from any one school on each team. It's also possible that scout ball will become popular in the more populated areas of Tennessee. In California the professional organizations form teams that play 9 inning instructional games one day each week and the team is coached by a scout.

I was told that 8 high schools got together and have formed a league in one city. They will have 8 teams with no more than 5 players from any one school on each team. It's also possible that scout ball will become popular in the more populated areas of Tennessee. In California the professional organizations form teams that play 9 inning instructional games one day each week and the team is coached by a scout.

You cannot have 5 players on the same team. There can only be 4 since 5 is more than 50% of 9. Technicality yes, but still the rule. They will be watching I'm sure.

You cannot have 5 players on the same team. There can only be 4 since 5 is more than 50% of 9. Technicality yes, but still the rule. They will be watching I'm sure.

No way. The TSSAA does not have the resources to monitor fall baseball across the state.

However, if you are near Nashville.............

The following changes will be made to the TSSAA Sports Calendar, effective starting July 30, 2007:

Added a 50% rule that applies to basketball, baseball, and softball prior to the season beginning and during the school year. Participation (includes practice) during the school year on a non-school team prior to the season by students that will play the following season on the high school team is limited to 50% of the number of players required to play the game (i.e=i.e. - that is to say; in other words)., 3 in basketball, 5 in baseball and girls' softball).

Best thing for coaches to do with their teams is to drop everyone from the team so players can play for who ever they want.

Together or where ever.

This way you can have the whole team playing together if they want to.

Come Jan. 1st repick you team..

From what I understand, this is also addressed. Somebody told me that if more than 50% play on a team together in the fall, they aren't eligible to play for the school team in the spring. Someone will need to clarify this.

Best thing for coaches to do with their teams is to drop everyone from the team so players can play for who ever they want.

Together or where ever.

they will always find a loop hole

Together or where ever.

I think the rule is actullay stated no more than 5 from a school not just from the team