Fall baseball

Rebelsports

Yea I'm not real sure why ronnie and the gang are trying to monitor the fall league's. If somebody from the TSSAA is reading this then please get on here and tell us all why you are doing what you are doing. What is your concern about so many members from one team playing together in the fall. Your not the NCAA. You should not be limiting these players and teams from playing together. That is what high school ball is all about. I can understand when you get to college ball the NCAA limiting the time a team can spend together. High School kids need to play and develop and have a shot at playing college ball. You don't care about players playing and trying to get better. What is your purpose for limiting time for high school teams? Somebody from the TSSAA please answer this. You don't care how many players play together in the summer so what is the difference? The TSSAA makes no sense. They never have. They are kind of like the United Nations. Worthless.

They want these kids to play football.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdaleman, do you know who I can get in touch with about scheduling some fall ball games. I'm with the UTC Club Baseball games and we would be willing to travel to Belmont to play a doubleheader or two on saturdays. Thanks!

-Alex

I know that my 15 year old will be playing with them but i have no idea who to contact...i would call the school and try and talk to belmont coaches they are the ones running it

this is by far the stupidest and most worthless rule i have ever heard in baseball period. it accomplishes notthin. i am a player and this is in my own opinion, but i love fall ball. i love it more than summer ball. i played in a fall ball league in austin peay last year and that is the most fun that i have had durin a couple of games in a long time. not only does it make you better, but its just FUN!!! i mean if we made a mistake we got helped on what we did wrong and that was that. you moved on and didnt beat yourself up bout it. my teammates and i played and we absolutely loved it. and now they wanna say we cant do that anymore??? how in the world is this helpin us??? i dont understand...

Fall baseball is not considered an all-star game. But according to the new rules that were set forth by TSSAA we as baseball coaches can not do anything.

Aug. 20, 2007-Oct. 28, 2007 Weight training and conditioning permitted. No open

facilities and no practice.

Oct. 29, 2007-Nov. 18, 2007 Dead Period

Nov. 19, 2007-Dec. 31, 2007 Weight training and conditioning permitted. No open

facilities and no practice.

This would be the time frame during fall games. So if you look at this no programs can run a fall team. Then if you have a league that plays, but is not related to the schools, then the 50% rule comes into effect. This is how I as a Head baseball coach understand it to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question.......Let's say a kid plays baseball for a public highschool and transfers to a private school. If this kid didn't play football or basketball in the school that he is leaving....would he be able to play on the varsity team in any other sport other than baseball?

Actually form the TSSAA handbook:

If inelligible student has an athletic record for previous or current school year in football, basketball, girls softball or track and field, student is inelligible in all of these sports. In all other sports ineligibility applies only to particular sport in which the inelligible student has an athletic record in the previous or current year.

So unless rules have changed playing one of these sports (baseball in your question) makes student inelligible for baseball, basketball, football and track and field, but eligible for any other sport. This ineligibility ends 1 year from last date of athletic record from previous school.

If inelligible student has an athletic record for previous or current school year in football, basketball, girls softball or track and field, student is inelligible in all of these sports. In all other sports ineligibility applies only to particular sport in which the inelligible student has an athletic record in the previous or current year.

So unless rules have changed playing one of these sports (baseball in your question) makes student inelligible for baseball, basketball, football and track and field, but eligible for any other sport. This ineligibility ends 1 year from last date of athletic record from previous school.

That`s the way I`ve always understood it too.

when Blackman opened up we had kids that didnt play a specific sport at RIVERDALE and they could play but they did play another sport and was ineligble...in fact we have a kid that transfered to eagleville after homecoming (football player) but somehow he is eligeible to play football their this year

back to fall baseball i want to say THANKS TO TSSAA for the new rule it cost me $240 for my son to play ball this year and we have to travel to play the games although it is good that we get college coaches and that is a good advantage BUT it would have been nicer to pay less and play at our feild where we at least made concession stand money