5A vs. DII. Whos Stronger?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but BA beat Ravenwood early in the year (I think it was week 0 as a matter of fact) in a strange game interupted by a storm. I don't think BA would have fared as well later in the season as Ravenwood continued to get stronger and BA began to struggle.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid Fan6!

utfootball08.

Seems I remember that McCallie & Brentwood Acad. traded wins last year. McCallie won Round 1, and Brentwood, the more important Round 2. It would be fair to suggest that these two teams are "Top 5" DII teams, would it not? Yes, it would. Now, I also seem to remember that one of these "Top 5" DII teams lost to a lowly DI, 2A team. Alcoa, I believe it was, defeated McCallie 24-21.

Now as far as Middle TN, best football, hands down, etc. It would seem that Alcoa, Fulton, Maryville, and Knox Webb all won championships last year. Last time I checked, those are not Middle TN schools.

Now I have not yet run through all the schedules; however, off the top of my head, another of these Top 5 D II teams, Baylor will play a little 3A team, Knox Catholic in 07. Perhaps your forcasting skills for 07 will supercede your researching talents.

ruse?

Alcoa isn't a "lowly" team. I never said they were. I don't think DI is lowly either. Riverdale, Maryville, Alcoa, etc etc are great programs. I just simply said that, and that ppost with the win-loss records shows this, that DII is stronger than DI.

As for Middle TN, overall they are stronger. Yes, programs like Maryville and Alcoa stomp every team they play, either from middle, east or west, but a championship game isn't reflective of the entire grouping of Middle teams. Overall, more talent is in Middle TN. And many public schools in the area don't have quite the talent they could have because of established private school teams that are also in that area.

Alcoa isn't a "lowly" team. I never said they were. I don't think DI is lowly either. Riverdale, Maryville, Alcoa, etc etc are great programs. I just simply said that, and that ppost with the win-loss records shows this, that DII is stronger than DI.

As for Middle TN, overall they are stronger. Yes, programs like Maryville and Alcoa stomp every team they play, either from middle, east or west, but a championship game isn't reflective of the entire grouping of Middle teams. Overall, more talent is in Middle TN. And many public schools in the area don't have quite the talent they could have because of established private school teams that are also in that area.

utfootball08

Feel strongly about that don't ya? You sir, wrote "Top 5 DII teams would beat Top 5 D1 teams, be it 5A to 2A." Alcoa beat McCallie last season 24-21. Alcoa is a DI, 2A team. You also wrote "Middle Tennessee teams are stronger through and through...hands down." IMO, teams from middle Tennessee did not win state championships in 4A, 3A, 2A, and that fact does not support your statement regarding "middle TN teams stronger through and through...hands down." Rollredroll posted facts. You did not. Rollredroll did not write that the Top 5 DII teams would beat the Top 5 D1 teams. You did. Rather than bending Rolleredroll's facts into your blanket, and incorrect statements, you should be prepared to reinforce your own position.

ruse?

I'll give you that, my facts aren't the best and I basically contradicted myself with the Maryville/Alcoa and Top 5 D2/1 comments, so let me clear all that up.

There are teams in DI that can beat teams in DII, and I guess I kinda generalized my point by saying through and through and hands down. But overall, DII is deeper and more talented than DI. A big part of that is because recruiting and a bunch of other factors, but that's the truth. Even though I go to a DII school, I respect DI schools alot more because they play with the talent they are given. They don't have the luxury of having a QB from Texas and a RB from Georgia.

So to sum that all up, DII is better, but DI deserves more credit and respect.