Randall Cobb Commits!

Norman Dale

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody that knows that website has a life. Sorry.

Yeah.........it's tough to find websites like that, especially when you have search engines at your fingertips. Sheesh.....are you that ....oh well I guess so. BTW when you told me to get a life I decided to find out what your life is like on this board. Seems you spend over half yours posting on coacht....... Now who needs to get a life?

What's the problem HHS? Can you not see sarcasm when it's belting you in the face? Yes you are correct.....if Vandy is interested than his grades are most likely fine. The Alcoa comment is because they have had SO MANY that did not have the grades to take advantage of athletic scholarships. Alcoa is known to take advantage of their athletes by playing them when they all know their academic status is horrible.

Heck MLREB, I can see you sarcasm! I don't know why he cannot see it. It would be no different than me bringing attention to the fact that Maryville High Principals/Employees/Teachers cannot keep their hands out of your TAX DOLLARS!!!! See the paper today: Former Employee arrested for stealing $60,000! At least Alcoa uses their assets well!!!!

Heck MLREB, I can see you sarcasm! I don't know why he cannot see it. It would be no different than me bringing attention to the fact that Maryville High Principals/Employees/Teachers cannot keep their hands out of your TAX DOLLARS!!!! See the paper today: Former Employee arrested for stealing $60,000! At least Alcoa uses their assets well!!!!

Tornado89 if we need more money we just print some up.

Did not know that Vandy had offered, and not that it matters as long as Randall and those close to him feel that Kentucky provides him with the best opportunites. I would venture a guess that because some Alcoa players have not qualified recently, most schools would not have offered Cobb, Sommer, or even future 09 kids like Thompson without taking a very close look at the transcripts. BTW, Sommer, and Thompson will be fine as well.

Alcoa has had more kids than we would like that have had problems qualifying. I have been assured that the administration is doing what they can to address that situation. However, there are also other very good students that play football at Alcoa. I don't know about everyone in the upcoming senior class but I do know that we had one score a 30 and another that scored a 34 on the last ACT test. That is pretty strong for a school that has the reputation of playing kids with horrible academic standing.

Alcoa has had more kids than we would like that have had problems qualifying. I have been assured that the administration is doing what they can to address that situation. However, there are also other very good students that play football at Alcoa. I don't know about everyone in the upcoming senior class but I do know that we had one score a 30 and another that scored a 34 on the last ACT test. That is pretty strong for a school that has the reputation of playing kids with horrible academic standing.

Bud.........I previously taught at Alcoa. Alcoa is littered with above average students. Many go on to have outstanding careers in academics. That doesn't change the fact that some kids continied to play on Friday night with horrible academics and the coaches knew it.

If you desire to be accurate why not take the plural off of principals and employees? I have not heard of a teacher stealing from the school. Maybe you can enlighten us. Regardless, how does that have anything to do with athletes and academics, or the lack there of?

If you desire to be accurate why not take the plural off of principals and employees? I have not heard of a teacher stealing from the school. Maybe you can enlighten us. Regardless, how does that have anything to do with athletes and academics, or the lack there of?

MELREB.

Seems like about 7-8 yrs. ago the principal got caught on video pinching $ from the school bookstore? Maybe $1,200-$1500?

ruse?

MELREB.

Seems like about 7-8 yrs. ago the principal got caught on video pinching $ from the school bookstore? Maybe $1,200-$1500?

ruse?

Sure did and was fired. Actually it was from the concessions and they think it was much more than $1500 that was taken over a peroid of time.

Recently a school office employee has been accused of taking monies from season ticket sells and other school/sports related fees to the tune of $60,000 and possibly more. Think what 60 grand could do for the athletic program. She was dismissed, or resigned from her job last fall.