Best Region in 1A

MOTO24

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From 1st to 5th in each region, I don't think anyone can come up with a strong argument as to why Region 4 isn't the toughest.

Take Watertown, for instance, they didn't even make the playoffs last year, but they would've placed no lower than 2nd or 3rd in any other region.

I'll have to disagree. Last year neither Watertown nor Monterey could have beaten Temple or SP and I don't think either one would have beaten LV and they would have struggled with even Grace. This year with Temple a JV team you still have SP, then LV should be much better and Skruggs is still there and Silverdale is one that IMO is going to surprise some people. Grace has a super QB and should be better also. Watertown and Montery would have their hands full with any of those teams this year plus several other regions have some decent teams, better than ours, at 3rd and 4th.

If region 4 had one out of the top 3 gone and Watertown and Montery playing in the playoffs each year Region 4 would not be anywhere nearly as tough. Besides the win at TC (a fluke??), Watertown's only other 4 wins were against teams with a combined 3-37 record...pretty weak. Monterey beat Watertown and their other 5 wins were against teams with a combined 12-39 with none having a winning record. Watertown and Monterey have their up years but your argument doesn't hold water right now. Region 4 has 3 super weak teams at the bottom (combined 3-27, they only beat each other), 2 also rans and 3 tough teams. Because of the weak bottom 5 in region 4 some of the other regions are really pushing, IMO, for best (overall) region....it may change this year.

I'll have to disagree. Last year neither Watertown nor Monterey could have beaten Temple or SP and I don't think either one would have beaten LV and they would have struggled with even Grace. This year with Temple a JV team you still have SP, then LV should be much better and Skruggs is still there and Silverdale is one that IMO is going to surprise so people. Grace has a super QB and should be better also. Watertown and Montery would have their hands full with any of those teams this year plus several other regions have some decent teams, better than ours, at 3rd and 4th.

If region 4 had one out of the top 3 gone and Watertown and Montery playing in the playoffs each year Region 4 would not be anywhere nearly as tough. Besides the win at TC (a fluke??), Watertown's only other 4 wins were against teams with a combined 3-37 record...pretty weak. Monterey beat Watertown and their other 5 wins were against teams with a combined 12-39 with none having a winning record. Watertown and Monterey have their up years but your argument doesn't hold water right now. Region 4 has 3 super weak teams at the bottom (combined 3-27, they only beat each other), 2 also rans and 3 tough teams. Because of the weak bottom 5 in region 4 some of the other regions are really pushing, IMO, for best (overall) region....it may change this year.

Monterey played Temple and didn't beat them, but they did play them a good game for a half.

Monterey and Watertown were very close last year, and I think both could've beat Lookout Valley.

The Watertown win at TC was a fluke. I believe TC had six starters out with injury.

I had a post somewhere, maybe on another board, that said Region 4, I believe was toughest 1-5.

Watertown won't be much this year; however, they weren't that bad last year.

I did say watertown and Monterey could finish 2nd in most regions.

excluding region 3.

Monterey played Temple and didn't beat them, but they did play them a good game for a half.

Monterey and Watertown were very close last year, and I think both could've beat Lookout Valley.

The Watertown win at TC was a fluke. I believe TC had six starters out with injury.

I had a post somewhere, maybe on another board, that said Region 4, I believe was toughest 1-5.

Watertown won't be much this year; however, they weren't that bad last year.

I did say watertown and Monterey could finish 2nd in most regions.

excluding region 3.

That theory don't hold water, Midway beat Watertown and Harriman beat Monterey ,Coalfield was better than both these teams. I'm not sure either of these teams could have finished second in any region. I do think region 4 is the toughest ,but its only because of the top three.

That theory don't hold water, Midway beat Watertown and Harriman beat Monterey ,Coalfield was better than both these teams. I'm not sure either of these teams could have finished second in any region. I do think region 4 is the toughest ,but its only because of the top three.

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't know which region is the best "top to bottom," but it doesn't matter. Only four go to the playoffs, and I just don't believe there is a region with three better than Region 4.

Montery or Watertown either one could have beaten Grace baptist. I know that just from watching FCS vs. Montery, FCS vs Watertown, and FCS vs. Grace. It might be an entertaining game to watch but Montery or Watertown could beat them. After that i honestly can't say anything. I don't know if Watertown or Montery would beat team in other regions, but i would be inclined to say that either one of them in another region for ten years, would make playoffs more years than not. (fourth place guys, not 2nd or 3rd)

Tell them Pujo. Top 3 there are none better but after that it's a stretch. I do believe the the bottom 3 in region 4 may be the worse bottom 3 in any region too.

Tell them Pujo. Top 3 there are none better but after that it's a stretch. I do believe the the bottom 3 in region 4 may be the worse bottom 3 in any region too.

the word Duh comes to mind...

For those that don't know. Rounding out the bottom of region 4.

Clay County - Used to be a pretty solid club that has gone down in a hurry, they have won a combined four game the past two seasons, both seasons beating the two teams listed below.

Mt. Juliet Christian - Program was started only a few years ago and might not last to much longer. Past two season have won only 2 games, buth seasons beating the team below.

Red Boilng Springs - Has my respect because the kids keep coming out to play the game of football. These kids may learn more life leasons from the game than some of us ever did but they don't win games. Have been featured on ESPN for their loosing streak. Their current loosing streak is in the mid thirty's with thier last win being a forfiet win over Mt. Juliet Christian. If you take that away their streak is close to a hundred. They are i think top 5 in the nation at one point for longest loosing streka.

Montery or Watertown either one could have beaten Grace baptist. I know that just from watching FCS vs. Montery, FCS vs Watertown, and FCS vs. Grace. It might be an entertaining game to watch but Montery or Watertown could beat them. After that i honestly can't say anything. I don't know if Watertown or Montery would beat team in other regions, but i would be inclined to say that either one of them in another region for ten years, would make playoffs more years than not. (fourth place guys, not 2nd or 3rd)

Maybe...maybe not. FC beat Monterey 35-0, Watertown 35-12 and Grace 56-14...FC killed them all so I don't see how you got all that insight from that . Remember Temple beat Grace 36-0 and Monterey 51-14 so that cuts both ways . Watertown and Monterey are middle of the pack teams (like Grace) so I agree that they would often see 4th in most regions with a 2 or 3 occasionally in up years. The bottom 3 teams in region 4 make Watertown and Monterey look better than they are most of the time. Of course this year our bottom 3 (with DB added and Temple way down) may catch up with your bottom 3 .

the word Duh comes to mind...

For those that don't know. Rounding out the bottom of region 4.

Clay County - Used to be a pretty solid club that has gone down in a hurry, they have won a combined four game the past two seasons, both seasons beating the two teams listed below.

Mt. Juliet Christian - Program was started only a few years ago and might not last to much longer. Past two season have won only 2 games, buth seasons beating the team below.

Red Boilng Springs - Has my respect because the kids keep coming out to play the game of football. These kids may learn more life leasons from the game than some of us ever did but they don't win games. Have been featured on ESPN for their loosing streak. Their current loosing streak is in the mid thirty's with thier last win being a forfiet win over Mt. Juliet Christian. If you take that away their streak is close to a hundred. They are i think top 5 in the nation at one point for longest loosing streka.

Good word.. . I'm pulling for RBS to win one this year. They deserve it.

This thread has been about Best Region in 1A so to judge that you have to look top to bottom. I'm still leaning to region 4 just because of the top 3.