Best Region in 1A

MOTO24

Sorry, but I don't believe Collinwood has given us other 1A schools a reason to fear them. What have they accomplished?

When was their last state championship?

When was their last region championship?

What is the deepest they have gone in the play-offs? Do they do in annually?

What is their play-off record the past five years?

Who do they play outside of their region games....don't name other 1A teams?

Answer me these questions for me and I might can deem your school of being feared, but the last time I heard anything out of Collinwood was when they were getting drilled by Friendship the past two years....that's just all I have to go by.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I don't believe Collinwood has given us other 1A schools a reason to fear them. What have they accomplished?

When was their last state championship?

When was their last region championship?

What is the deepest they have gone in the play-offs? Do they do in annually?

What is their play-off record the past five years?

Who do they play outside of their region games....don't name other 1A teams?

Answer me these questions for me and I might can deem your school of being feared, but the last time I heard anything out of Collinwood was when they were getting drilled by Friendship the past two years....that's just all I have to go by.

Drilled is not the word I would use when describing the Collinwood/FCS games. The Commanders won both, but they had to strap-up to do so. 14-0 in 05 Collinwood had the ball inside the FCS 20 3 times and failed to score. 28-0 last year Collinwood turned the ball over 6 times, two of which resulted in tds. Both games were really tough matches.

Collinwood makes the play-offs almost every year in a region where the fifth place team usually has a 6-4 record.

Playoff Years: 1985,1986,1987,1988,1989,1991,1992,1993,1994,1996,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2005,

Years in Playoffs: 17

Total Games: 32 Record: 16-16

Biggest Loss vs. Moore County - 48 Points

Biggest Win vs. DCA - 28 Points

Collinwood has played 21 different teams in the playoffs

Quarter finals 5 times

Semifinals 3 times

Put out by eventual champ 8 times

Boy I feel like wholder after putting up those stats.

In every post about Region6 it says that MP is all we've got.I'm not trying to stir anything up(or maybe I am ) but what about Collinwood.Does no one outside of 6-1a fear "the Wood"?

Looks like about as much as they fear the "Valley" (8-2 just like the Wood) from our region

Just a hint we will get a region 3 vs region 6 preview this summer

3rd Region 6 - A tougher region than some people give them credit. Luckily the Mount Pleasant fans don't make anyone feel sorry for that slip up . Look for two top ten contenders out of this one and 1 top 5 team. Mount Pleasant is obvious and the other one is collinwood. A fun fact for doubters of collinwood, they have only lost 7 games to 1A opponents in the past two years. (once to columbia Academy, Twice to Friendship, Three times to Mount Pleasant, and once to Jo Byrns). Out of those losses only 1 team in those years failed to make at least the third round. They are a better team than their records have reflected.

I posted this before you, it must have slipped your attention...

In every post about Region6 it says that MP is all we've got.I'm not trying to stir anything up(or maybe I am ) but what about Collinwood.Does no one outside of 6-1a fear "the Wood"?

Simply because he put region 6 first. Anyone who puts region 6 over region 4 needs to put down the crack pipe. Region 8 is a region that might be considered better, but is the only region that would give region 4 a run.

yea that was kinda tha point of me putting i like it.......

i think it's pretty hard to make the arguement that any other region is better than reion 4 team for team. gordonsville or friendship christian could have easily been the no. 1 and 2 team in the state. i know that someone is going to bring up the fact that friendship was beaten by jackson christian; not to take anything away from jcs but i am pretty confident that friendship or gordonsville could beat them about 7 out of 10 times. last year or this year

From 1st to 5th in each region, I don't think anyone can come up with a strong argument as to why Region 4 isn't the toughest.

Take Watertown, for instance, they didn't even make the playoffs last year, but they would've placed no lower than 2nd or 3rd in any other region.