Best Region in 1A

MOTO24

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe...maybe not. FC beat Monterey 35-0, Watertown 35-12 and Grace 56-14...FC killed them all so I don't see how you got all that insight from that . Remember Temple beat Grace 36-0 and Monterey 51-14 so that cuts both ways . Watertown and Monterey are middle of the pack teams (like Grace) so I agree that they would often see 4th in most regions with a 2 or 3 occasionally in up years. The bottom 3 teams in region 4 make Watertown and Monterey look better than they are most of the time. Of course this year our bottom 3 (with DB added and Temple way down) may catch up with your bottom 3 .

The only reason i think that Watertown and Montery respectively played better against FCS than grace did is halftime scores. FCS was beating watertown 7-0 at half and ended up winning 35-0. FCS was beating Montery 14-12 and ended up winning 35-12. FCS was beating grace 35-0 at halftime, ended up winning 56-14. With H2O and Montery, there was a part of the game that was competitive, With grace... well 3 of the first 6 offensive plays were touchdowns.

From 1st to 5th in each region, I don't think anyone can come up with a strong argument as to why Region 4 isn't the toughest.

Take Watertown, for instance, they didn't even make the playoffs last year, but they would've placed no lower than 2nd or 3rd in any other region.

So! Two years ago region 6 had a team, Huntland, that was 7-3 and didn't make the playoffs. Region 4 is tough aad may be the toughest but I do believe it changes year to year.

The only reason i think that Watertown and Montery respectively played better against FCS than grace did is halftime scores. FCS was beating watertown 7-0 at half and ended up winning 35-0. FCS was beating Montery 14-12 and ended up winning 35-12. FCS was beating grace 35-0 at halftime, ended up winning 56-14. With H2O and Montery, there was a part of the game that was competitive, With grace... well 3 of the first 6 offensive plays were touchdowns.

It was also Grace's first trip to the playoffs....all the way up to mighty region 4.....I think they probably suffered a little culture shock . Monterey and Watertown knew what to expect. Temple-Grace and Temple-Monterey was similar to FC's experence, only in reverse so not much can be proven by that

So! Two years ago region 6 had a team, Huntland, that was 7-3 and didn't make the playoffs. Region 4 is tough aad may be the toughest but I do believe it changes year to year.

How is Huntland going to be this year?

Mt. Juliet Christian - Program was started only a few years ago and might not last to much longer. Past two season have won only 2 games, buth seasons beating the team below.

Poor MJCA has taken it on the chin for the last few years. However, I don't think the program is going to go anywhere anytime soon. The just hired Greg Scheck - the longtime headmaster at Montrose Christian near DC. The very same Montrose Christian the schedules a home and away series every year with Oak Hill Academy and also the high school alma mater of Kevin Durant (NCAA POY and #2 NBA pick). Not to mention more than 10 McDonald's All Americans over the years. He is a HUGE sports supporter and I had a chance to speak with him recently (I attend the MJ 1st Baptist that houses MJCA) - the program is definitely not going anywhere. With MJ booming with neighborhoods and growth, I'm guessing they will get competitive 5 or so years down the road. **Please note that I said competitive, not worldbeaters.

Poor MJCA has taken it on the chin for the last few years. However, I don't think the program is going to go anywhere anytime soon. The just hired Greg Scheck - the longtime headmaster at Montrose Christian near DC. The very same Montrose Christian the schedules a home and away series every year with Oak Hill Academy and also the high school alma mater of Kevin Durant (NCAA POY and #2 NBA pick). Not to mention more than 10 McDonald's All Americans over the years. He is a HUGE sports supporter and I had a chance to speak with him recently (I attend the MJ 1st Baptist that houses MJCA) - the program is definitely not going anywhere. With MJ booming with neighborhoods and growth, I'm guessing they will get competitive 5 or so years down the road. **Please note that I said competitive, not worldbeaters.

I'm calling that they will be competitive in about a decade (and by competitive i mean beat red boiling springs and thats it)

Schedule Kevin Durants high school, and whoever the heck oak hill academy is (never heard of them). Have all the Mcdonald's All American's that you possibly want. Those are nice awards and things for the roundball, not the sports where people actually hit each other.

The reason i think the program is going to go under soon is numbers. Red boiling spring keeps having 20 or so kids turn out so they keep having a team, MJCA had kids leaving their team left and right last year, i think in a few years they will just not have the # for a team.

I'm calling that they will be competitive in about a decade (and by competitive i mean beat red boiling springs and thats it)

I think competitive will happen between 5 and 10 years. And by competitive, I think that means always beating RBS - and then Clay and Watertown regularly.

Schedule Kevin Durants high school, and whoever the heck oak hill academy is (never heard of them). Have all the Mcdonald's All American's that you possibly want. Those are nice awards and things for the roundball, not the sports where people actually hit each other.

Are you a sports connoisseur or do you just dabble on coacht? I'm guessing that most on here know exactly who Oak Hill Academy is. Oak Hill is a prep/boarding school in VA that is THE elite basketball school and very strong in other athletic endeavors. Local stars such as Ron Mercer, Tyler Smith, and Jamont Gordon are grads. They are playing their alumni game at the Carolina Bobcats arena. And look at the mad lineup of alumni - http://www.oak-hill.net/athletics/All-Star_Game.pdf.

As for roundball vs. hitting each other - part of my conversation with him was just about that. He is a HUGE football fan and the previous school was landlocked - making it extremely hard to even start a football program. (*PS. I'm a FCS grad from way, way, way back)

The reason i think the program is going to go under soon is numbers. Red boiling spring keeps having 20 or so kids turn out so they keep having a team, MJCA had kids leaving their team left and right last year, i think in a few years they will just not have the # for a team.

If you don't know anything about Oak Hill, you don't keep up with sports. The list of players out of there is LONG.

If you don't know anything about Oak Hill, you don't keep up with sports. The list of players out of there is LONG.

I never claimed to keep up with sports. I keep up with 1A football in Tennessee, and the University of Tennessee. and as far as UT's football and basketball players, i have no clue where any of them came from, i just know they wear orange.

I never claimed to keep up with sports. I keep up with 1A football in Tennessee, and the University of Tennessee. and as far as UT's football and basketball players, i have no clue where any of them came from, i just know they wear orange.

Who in the heck is UT. The only thing orange around these parts is pumpkins.