Class 5A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden will roll

DB is down on talent this year and may be a bit small. Science Hill will be improved, they are excited, and have some great talent this year. Note that Bearden throttled Science Hill at Science Hill last season with an all junior team. All those juniors at Bearden are now seniors along with some new talent on the field picked up from the excitement established by Bearden's new (2nd year) coach, he has gotten the players to come out and play, Bearden has always had the athletes. Bearden is going to be pretty raw and I will be impressed if anyone in the Big East can handle them. DB barely sqeaked by Bearden last year.

Bearden

Science Hill

tie DB or Jeff Co Co for the 3rd or 4th playoff spot

playoff teams will be:

DB

Bearden

SC

Science Hill

Don't count out the Bears this year. How many strait years have they made it to the playoffs? I think its around ten and I don't see that streak ending this year. Jeff may have gotten ridden of its coach but I think it will take a couple of more years for then to rebuild a program that has been down for a couple of years. As usual DB wil own the Big East and loose in the first round. Bearden has a strong senior class and will be tough this year. I also think Science Hill will be tough with thier new coach. Good luck to all teams in the Big East this year.

1st round loss as usual for DB? Is 3 early exits in 11 years usual?

I love how loosely people use that term and it is always directed at DB. 3 early exits in 11 years is not too bad and 14 straight playoff appearances is not bad either. How quickly people forget the past.

And by the way, I will bet you money DB does not own the Big East this year as you think they will.

AAAAA Karns W 33-0 Early Round

AAAAA Hendersonville L 35-27 Early Round

AAAAA Bearden W 28-0 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge W 26-7 Early Round

AAAAA Sevier County L 33-12 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Karns W 35-7 Early Round

AAAAA Science Hill W 44-8 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge W 24-21 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Oakland L 21-7 Semifinal

AAAAA Heritage W 23-21 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge L 28-25 Early Round

AAAAA Farragut W 41-14 Early Round

AAAAA Bearden W 39-3 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge W 32-6 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Red Bank L 21-13 Semifinal

AAAAA William Blount L 26-19 Early Round

AAAAA William Blount W 48-0 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge W 21-14 Early Round

AAAAA Jefferson County W 26-15 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Riverdale L 14-9 Semifinal

AAAAA Soddy-Daisy W 28-6 Early Round

AAAAA McMinn County W 31-6 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge L 35-17 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Ooltewah W 21-14 Early Round

AAAAA Soddy-Daisy W 17-7 Early Round

AAAAA Oak Ridge L 24-14 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Ooltewah L 20-17 Early Round

AAAAA William Blount L 13-10 Early Round

Bearden will roll

DB is down on talent this year and may be a bit small. Science Hill will be improved, they are excited, and have some great talent this year. Note that Bearden throttled Science Hill at Science Hill last season with an all junior team. All those juniors at Bearden are now seniors along with some new talent on the field picked up from the excitement established by Bearden's new (2nd year) coach, he has gotten the players to come out and play, Bearden has always had the athletes. Bearden is going to be pretty raw and I will be impressed if anyone in the Big East can handle them. DB barely sqeaked by Bearden last year.

Bearden

Science Hill

tie DB or Jeff Co Co for the 3rd or 4th playoff spot

Where have you been Bud? Bearden's coach passed away this off season. I wish the team well and hope they do something special for him.

I did not know! I am so sorry! I had no idea. I just knew that last season Bearden was on the rise. I meant nothing negative; I just knew that last season Bearden was gaining ground. I wish nothing but the best for the late coach, his team, and his family. God bless. I still think Bearden will be a force.