Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does LaVernge have returning?

By my count, Lavergne had more all-area/all-region players returning than any other school in the region. They have some question marks but should not be taken lightly. Losing the QB and the new staff are the big question marks.

Who does LaVernge have returning?

Chris Gray (all-state) **

Justin Bather (all-state) **

Anthony Williams (all-region) *

Collins Ukwu (my biggest sleeper pick for 07')

Ryan Williams (QB, FS) *

Randall Tillery (best RB, on paper, returning for 07, all-region)

Terry Hodges ( true freshman last year, 3rd place in the state meet in the 100. 4.3, but needs to learn alot) *

Mike Bryant (Vandy commitment, needs to carry line) **

Shane Barrett *

Quentin Patton (just as good as Gray) **

Darnell Horton (very versatile WR)

Mychael Howell *

Laron Gardener (QB, FS, WR) **

**- will start both sides

*- will play both sides

these are just returning starters. We don't have many holes to fill. Just a couple of BIG ones, instead of a lot of some ones.

By my count, Lavergne had more all-area/all-region players returning than any other school in the region. They have some question marks but should not be taken lightly. Losing the QB and the new staff are the big question marks.

Who are the coaches that will be helping Hester?

hate to burst your bubble but "guarantee" does not exist in this region.................maybe Riverdale...........maybe.

Big question on Smyrna is can they replace that half of their offense that everyone kind of ignores. Those 2 running backs that graduated had to be at least half of the total yardage, and I would imagine that they took quite a bit of pressure off Mr Gray and Mr Wilks; also if I am not mistaken, the O Line was a veteran group and most are gone! So. if you feel that this can be fully replaced; then Smryna will probably challenge Riverdale; otherwise they might have to get down and scrap with the others for a "spot".

Lets look at every teams first (2) region games...........who do you like?

Riverdale- (Oakland, Blackman)

Smyrna- (Siegel, Lebanon)

Oakland-(Riverdale, Lavergne)

Lebanon-(Smryna, Lavergne)

Blackman- (Lavergne, Riverdale)

Lavergne- (Blackman, Oakland)

siegel- (Smyrna, Wilson Central)

Wilson Central- (siegel, Oakland)

ole

Well we know Smyrna and Riverdale will start undefeated through the first two weeks.

Smyrna might not have a clear cut #1 guy at RB but there is a plethora of talent that can fill that spot in a platoon job.

Sure the O-line was bigger last year but this year's has better blocking skills.

Mr. Gray and Mr. Wilks work better under pressure anyways. I'm sure you watched or heard of how they played their best football at the end of the postseason.

Jmu......KNOW you will be undefeated the first two games , huh? Last time I checked upsets are possible. After all yall DID manage to slip by Riverdale in the playoffs didn't you when they drilled you the first time round? In case you forgot, we were one throw away from beating you ourselves last season.

Cocky doesn't become you, my friend.

Well we know Smyrna and Riverdale will start undefeated through the first two weeks.

It takes you 18 tries to beat RHS for the 1st time ever and now you are 2-0 without ever playing a down?!? For Smyrna's sake, I hope they aren't suddenly as arrogant as you are. Arrogance breeds complacency; just ask the Ohio State men's basketball team.

Jmu......KNOW you will be undefeated the first two games , huh? Last time I checked upsets are possible. After all yall DID manage to slip by Riverdale in the playoffs didn't you when they drilled you the first time round? In case you forgot, we were one throw away from beating you ourselves last season.

Cocky doesn't become you, my friend.

Well if what you are trying to say is that Smyrna's win over Riverdale in the playoffs was an upset, then I would have to say I agree with you 100%. I'm sure everyone thought that was an upset, excluding the Smyrna football team.

And yes, I do remember that Oakland was one inaccurate pass away from losing to us. And they did.

And I hope Siegel does post my comments on their wall. It'll show that they spend way too much time on here instead of on the field, and care way too much about what one individual fan thinks. Very sad to think that their motivation will be coming from what a coacht member said. But hey, maybe they'll be more of a challenge this year.

slingmdeep, "complacency" got them to the finals. A one-armed Greg Oden never was arrogant, nor his team. Florida was just too good. I don't even think you understood what you were saying when you posted that. You probably just heard it somewhere and thought it referred to what the conversation is about.

When a team gets shut down 49-0 and then squeaks by the same opponent a few weeks later.....yes that is considered an upset. Riverdale was one play away from sending you home . If Scott had not had to go out a play when he got hurt....he would have passed on you . Instead, the back-up qb came in and the rest was history.

Yes, we were a terrible pass away from beating you.....and just think we actually blew TWO chances. One under-thrown and one over thrown to the EXACT same receiver who was wide open both times/ and fast enough to have scored. Two plays in a row..... to the same receiver.......and no coverage on him. We lost by 6. Had we scored and gotten the extra pt.....you had no time to work a miracle. But lose we did.....no changing that.

As I recall. Siegel has always played you tough.

As I recall.....yall used Riverdale's " We Ready" to your advantage that a coacht poster placed on this forum. Yes, players DO get their motivation from this forum.....even SMYRNA.

When a team gets shut down 49-0 and then squeaks by the same opponent a few weeks later.....yes that is considered an upset. Riverdale was one play away from sending you home . If Scott had not had to go out a play when he got hurt....he would have passed on you . Instead, the back-up qb came in and the rest was history.

Yes, we were a terrible pass away from beating you.....and just think we actually blew TWO chances. One under-thrown and one over thrown to the EXACT same receiver who was wide open both times/ and fast enough to have scored. Two plays in a row..... to the same receiver.......and no coverage on him. We lost by 6. Had we scored and gotten the extra pt.....you had no time to work a miracle. But lose we did.....no changing that.

As I recall. Siegel has always played you tough.

As I recall.....yall used Riverdale's " We Ready" to your advantage that a coacht poster placed on this forum. Yes, players DO get their motivation from this forum.....even SMYRNA.

I felt motivated when the got mohawks when we already had them but hey, you can do that when you win. Hopefully i can have that feeling this year.