Mountain Lakes predictions.

megahops24

General, of course I know more about South than you do. But you, like many others, make the false assumption that South is a one trick pony. Yes, we graduated some hefty talent but Colonial Heights Middle School dominated through our Frosh class. True, that doesn't always mean anything but sometimes it plays a trump. Now, all I wanted was for you to elaborate on what you and (probably) most other people think. I'm not condemning you for making a statement and not being able to follow it up because we all have done that. But, all most people know is that we lost 5 three year starters and then some. Yes, it was hard to replace them. But some of them were actually replacements (on one side of the ball or the other) for injured people that we have coming back. Now all I will say is that (jcolter) Curt is surrounded by more talent than people think. If you will do your homework or can remember 2-3 years back then you will know who our RB's, WR's. and backup skill people are. And if you follow the different threads on here then you would already know that I have stated our Defense is still in the oven. Because D is the bulk of what we lost to graduation. Yes, we lost WR's...but we got more. Offense puts points on the board...but D wins ballgames! We all know this well. So I have waved the magic wand over our defense. Was that objectionable enough? So be it. Now, I am going to say this loud and clear...Sullivan East is on a mission and they have some animals. Now, I would like to hear about Bristol's backfield and WR's and the same from East. We know East has O & D line.

Who are the animals from east you are referring to? I know they still have the big junior Preston Frye,who I think by the time hes a senior will be the best prospect in the area,but I am not aware off the top of my head everyone else your talking about. I thought they had lost a ton.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to our rising Soph class. But in relation to the rising Frosh class they do have some weapons even though they had a dismal season. Cody Shipley will be a high grade RB, and Heath Hayden is the next Curt Phillips. He will be starting as a Junior and Aaron will be benched. I've said that on CoachT since I saw him play last season. The Lockheart kid is not bad as well as Reed Harison. There are a couple of others that I can't place names for but my take is that Jordan would have taken that group to a successful season. I know Rasnake speaks well of Hoover but I'm not impressed.

I agree Heath will be a good one and St. Clair will not win that spot. I'm not sold on Hoover either. The problem with the rising classes will be the line play.

I agree Heath will be a good one and St. Clair will not win that spot. I'm not sold on Hoover either. The problem with the rising classes will be the line play.

Agreed.

Who are the animals from east you are referring to? I know they still have the big junior Preston Frye,who I think by the time hes a senior will be the best prospect in the area,but I am not aware off the top of my head everyone else your talking about. I thought they had lost a ton.

The rising Soph class is typical Hickory Tree.

General, of course I know more about South than you do. But you, like many others, make the false assumption that South is a one trick pony. Yes, we graduated some hefty talent but Colonial Heights Middle School dominated through our Frosh class. True, that doesn't always mean anything but sometimes it plays a trump. Now, all I wanted was for you to elaborate on what you and (probably) most other people think. I'm not condemning you for making a statement and not being able to follow it up because we all have done that. But, all most people know is that we lost 5 three year starters and then some. Yes, it was hard to replace them. But some of them were actually replacements (on one side of the ball or the other) for injured people that we have coming back. Now all I will say is that (jcolter) Curt is surrounded by more talent than people think. If you will do your homework or can remember 2-3 years back then you will know who our RB's, WR's. and backup skill people are. And if you follow the different threads on here then you would already know that I have stated our Defense is still in the oven. Because D is the bulk of what we lost to graduation. Yes, we lost WR's...but we got more. Offense puts points on the board...but D wins ballgames! We all know this well. So I have waved the magic wand over our defense. Was that objectionable enough? So be it. Now, I am going to say this loud and clear...Sullivan East is on a mission and they have some animals. Now, I would like to hear about Bristol's backfield and WR's and the same from East. We know East has O & D line.

Here is what I think, for whatever its worth. Your recievers are untested and until they prove that they can make plays then that has to be a big question mark. It doesn't matter what kind of arm you have if your recievers are not making plays. Maybe I'm mistaking but from what I can tell you lost alot on the line as well. So it could take a few games to establish consistency in the running game.

South will be like a steam roller this year.Phillips has something to prove and South has alot of good athletics around him.Colonial Heights middle school is tough every year.South will roll.

I wonder how South feels about matching up with Science Hill in the first game of the season? Has South been scouting any to see what may be coming to Colonial Heights Aug 23?

I would think this should be an interesting match up. No one really seems to know for sure what SH may be bringing. Everyone knows South has a D-1 player in Phillips, but word has it that SH may have two D-1 players this year. Does anyone know for sure?

I wonder how South feels about matching up with Science Hill in the first game of the season? Has South been scouting any to see what may be coming to Colonial Heights Aug 23?

I would think this should be an interesting match up. No one really seems to know for sure what SH may be bringing. Everyone knows South has a D-1 player in Phillips, but word has it that SH may have two D-1 players this year. Does anyone know for sure?

Two words Solomon Duannah!!! Easily the most talented running back South will see this entire year. If South is unable to get many people around the ball every time Solomon touches it…nobody will even know Curt Phillips was on the field. From what I observed last year Solomon has it all…good size, strength, blinding speed, quickness, field vision, and he likes to put on a show. Only criticism I would have would be that he tries to make “the big play” ever time. Sometimes you have to put your head down and take what the defense gives you. SH also had a very athletic kid at backup QB last year. I think his name was Hill. Depending on how he developed over the summer, SH could have a very explosive offense this year with all the speed and athleticism they possess.

Two words Solomon Duannah!!! Easily the most talented running back South will see this entire year. If South is unable to get many people around the ball every time Solomon touches it…nobody will even know Curt Phillips was on the field. From what I observed last year Solomon has it all…good size, strength, blinding speed, quickness, field vision, and he likes to put on a show. Only criticism I would have would be that he tries to make “the big play” ever time. Sometimes you have to put your head down and take what the defense gives you. SH also had a very athletic kid at backup QB last year. I think his name was Hill. Depending on how he developed over the summer, SH could have a very explosive offense this year with all the speed and athleticism they possess.

Both of those statements are correct. Duannah is an absolute stud. I heard he went to a combine in Charlotte and was rated the best athlete there,he had something ridiculous like 26 reps on the bench,36 inch vertical and ran a 4.55 or something. now the combine was rained out,so only about half of the players there competed,but that is still very impressive. I think he could run for 2,000 yards this year,I really think he's that good. And I think that qb's name is Tomas Hill,who has attended multiple football camps over the summer and has seemed to make many improvements in his arm,which is what he needs considering last year he was mostly a running quarterback. Although with those receivers out there he might just need to throw it up. and let them run under it or turn it into a jump ball. The 2 D-1 prospects that one guy was referring to would probably be Solomon as one,and then the other would either be that Middle linebacker Aaron Trent or my guess is that its the wide receiver Ashlon Adams,who's a 6'4 burner. South is in for a very very tough matchup.

1.Tennessee High

2.South

3.Johnson County

4.East

5.Elizabethton

6.Unicoi

7.North

8.Central

POTY-Curt Phillips

Defensive POTY-Eli Bible

Offensive POTY-Tyler Leonard

Linemen OTY-Evan Ellis

Athlete OTY-Jeff Baker

1. South

2. Johnson County

3. TN High

4. Elizabethon

5. East

6. UC

7. North

8. Central

South will have to work for this but if people can catch the ball they will be tough. Johnson County is actually loaded at the skill positions. They are more athletic than they have been in years. The line will be the key here. According to the coaching staff, this is the strongest team they have ever had across the board but the line will be inexperienced. They lost some great athletes from last years team but the group moving into starting positions have won at all levels through the years. The next two years should be JC's time to shine. TN High and Besty will make the playoffs in my opinion but you never know that is for sure. I believe North and Central will be at the bottom but UC could be unpredictable. Should be an interesting year.

Plowboy's post comes after a South/DB 7 on 7. Positive reinforcement feels good coming from one of the Tribe's faithful but I take 77's with a grain of salt. Game situations are a different melody. Plowboy knows this as well as we all do he just saw that in spite of losing some very celebrated WR's that our QB/WR timing was very good and on a consistant basis. That is what 77's are about. 10 days is not enough. I sort of feel the posts heating up so I hope we can keep it civil. I really think that we might actually be ready to try and upgrade the NET. '07 will speak the truth. And yes, South has respect for Duannah and Co. Obviously, Defense is the name of the game this year. High powered offenses will score points no matter what. It is simply a matter of risk management...not if you can stop the train but if you can slow it down. I guess it's about time to come over to the island and do a little spying on Gilligan and his crew...sounds like they got that boat patched up and ready to float. I'll be the one smoking the cigar. And Cap, you show up in that black Mercedes and you will cause all these Rebels to squint an eye...we drive Ford diesels 'roun' heh'. Yeah we just might show up in Bristol one day with our NASCAR hats on...we'll look like Viking faithful. But I think we should get together and make a trip to Johnson County and see how the rodeo is going over there this year. And still no word from East. Hey, 1 week from Monday. Everybody enjoy these last 2 weekends!

1. South

2. Johnson County

3. TN High

4. Elizabethon

5. East

6. UC

7. North

8. Central

South will have to work for this but if people can catch the ball they will be tough. Johnson County is actually loaded at the skill positions. They are more athletic than they have been in years. The line will be the key here. According to the coaching staff, this is the strongest team they have ever had across the board but the line will be inexperienced. They lost some great athletes from last years team but the group moving into starting positions have won at all levels through the years. The next two years should be JC's time to shine. TN High and Besty will make the playoffs in my opinion but you never know that is for sure. I believe North and Central will be at the bottom but UC could be unpredictable. Should be an interesting year.

I know you want to rally behind and support your team this year but don’t you think the statement “They are more athletic than they have been in years” was taking it a little to far considering Atwood (a player that was voted MLC Athlete of the Year, and easily a close second behind a D1 quarterback for Offensive Player of the Year) just graduated last year. And do you truly believe there are possibly 4 teams in the MLC that are better than THS this season…come on…for real ???? Just my opinion…but if you want people to take you seriously you have to reel it in just a little. And as far as being the team to “shine for the next two years”…we already have dibs on that! If somehow Curt is able to pull it off this year, we want to enjoy the title at least for a couple of years…before Elizabethton gets back on the horse.

I know you want to rally behind and support your team this year but don’t you think the statement “They are more athletic than they have been in years” was taking it a little to far considering Atwood (a player that was voted MLC Athlete of the Year, and easily a close second behind a D1 quarterback for Offensive Player of the Year) just graduated last year. And do you truly believe there are possibly 4 teams in the MLC that are better than THS this season…come on…for real ???? Just my opinion…but if you want people to take you seriously you have to real it in just a little. And as far as being the team to “shine for the next two years”…we already have dibs on that! If somehow Curt is able to pull it off this year, we want to enjoy the title at least for a couple of years…before Elizabethton gets back on the horse.

No I stand by that statement. I have played and followed the team since the late 70's so although it is my opinion, I believe it to be on target. Atwood was great that is not even a question. He biggest award was All-State. What I am saying is that there are more athlete's on this team as a whole. Elite 11 athlete of the year (Prudhome) is back and although there isnt a single back as good as Atwood, there are 3 that are very good. The quarterback should also really come into his own this year. He had a decent year for a Sophmore last year and has gotten bigger (6'3" 225 I believe). You havent heard alot about a few of the kids I am speaking of because of injuries, etc. but as a group they have had a ton of success in earlier years when matched up in equal age. I realize that doesnt always mean they will now though. As far as THS goes, no I dont think there are 4 teams that are better. In fact, with the student body size of THS and South there should never be. But high school athletes are just that high school athletes and anything can and does happen. Best of luck in the upcoming season,