Westmoreland Vs. DCA Season Opener

d2u0s0t8n

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one thing about it Antwan, sometimes you just have to face reality. Will we win some games? Yes. Will we have a winning season? Maybe Will we win our opener? It appears to be the majority of opinion that we don't have a chance. Then you must ask yourself also. Will SC be as good as last year? maybe or maybe not. At least you have a good number of players to choose from. Just answer me this question? Do you honestly thank Smith County will be as good as the 06 team? Westmoreland numbers along with injuries to Brian Wix and Cody Lee as of now who I thank could make an impact are getting me concerned.

I really think the potential is there to be better...but you know what they say about potential. It really depends on the development of players that

have not played very much. There is quite a bit of experience too. I am sure you are in the same boat. Both teams have very good coaching

staffs. That will certainly help.

DCA should be a good test. They have some very good athletes. They also are very fundamentally sound...and well coached. It should be a good

game.

Have you and P-Man have thrown in the towel, waived the white flag, said calfrope, said uncle, packed your bags, jumped ship, hung your head,and everything else the past 2-3 weeks......Did you not see the Tennessean Sports section today??? Hmmmmm.....Maybe your are playing possum.......I ain't seen no buzzards circling yet and I think that smell.......well .......... we'll see.

Ya'll could have come and watch Smith Co. and DCA at the same time Fri. nite....we may have even given you a tour of the IPF.

Enlighten me Termitt, I dont read the liberally slanted Tennessean,it seems you do. The only thing I do concerning possums is eat them. Have I played possum since I have had the internet back in febuary. I think Westmoreland has lost to many impact players to either injury or not being able to take the long hot workouts since the end of June. 31 is not even a large 1A football team. If I were DCA I wouldnt even bother wasting that valuable preparation time. I mean they play in the hardest region in 2A. I wouldnt worry about a weak region 4-2A team like Westmoreland who even you all have said lost too many players to compete this year do to graduating 17 very good seniors off last years region title team. Your right, I did go see the scrimmage at Smith Co.. I was very quieted by all the talent I saw on the field. Neither have anything to worry about when Westmoreland comes to your towns.

Private vs Public

Usually no question who wins. Go ahead DCA mark it in as a win. Westmoreland has a small little team that shouldn't be no problem for you. How could they be since they lost 17 seniors last year. If I was DCA's coach, I wouldn't even prepare for them. I would prepare for my first Region game.

From what I'm hearing Singray and the ole' stamp licker are playing possum, sand bagging whatever you want to call it. My "contact" made a few phone calls to the family in Westmoreland and they hadn't heard about a mass defection. ...You guys didn't build an underground practice bunker did ya?

DCA has a lot of seniors this year is what i've read, a lot of experience, and THEY DO play in one of or the toughest regions....CPA, Goodpasture and DCA could be at the top of any region.....except for the small college team......Alcoa

Anyone BESIDES Smith Co. folk have a prediction on DCA-Westmoreland opener?

I won't make a prediction but I think it will be a very tough game. I think #s 21, 22, 30, 35 and 70 on defense are very good. 22 is a big reciever that can create match up problems. 70 is about 6'6" looked to me like and is hard to block. DCA may have a slight edge due to attrition this early in the year.

Guest Termite

I hope Westmoreland represents region 4 well and I think they will....

DCA would be at the top of most regions... but being in with Goodpasture and CPA is a tough draw.....right now anyway....

Good luck both teams...both seem to be class programs..............

Guest Termite

Enlighten me Termitt, I dont read the liberally slanted Tennessean,it seems you do. The only thing I do concerning possums is eat them. Have I played possum since I have had the internet back in febuary. I think Westmoreland has lost to many impact players to either injury or not being able to take the long hot workouts since the end of June. 31 is not even a large 1A football team. If I were DCA I wouldnt even bother wasting that valuable preparation time. I mean they play in the hardest region in 2A. I wouldnt worry about a weak region 4-2A team like Westmoreland who even you all have said lost too many players to compete this year do to graduating 17 very good seniors off last years region title team. Your right, I did go see the scrimmage at Smith Co.. I was very quieted by all the talent I saw on the field. Neither have anything to worry about when Westmoreland comes to your towns.

Enlighten you as to.............what????