Milan vs Huntingdon

xriv

Milan spreading the field I have to see to believe... We've always had trouble with the Bulldogs when they just line up and run it right at us.. If the Bulldogs use the spread I like our chances cause I think we can score. Over here in Huntingdon we think that Morris often tries to outcoach himself. He is a great coach and has the talent each year but what comes to mind is two years ago in regular season , Milan gets down inside our 5yd. line and 1st and goal with a minute on the clock and 1 timeout left. We hadn't stopped Coleman all night and was wearing us out. Milan reverses Wells out of the backfield to pass and the ball slips out of his hands and we recover for the win. I would hate to have made the decision to punt in the playoff game when Milan had 4th and short that same year. I probably would have punted too and make us go the distance. Good luck to ya'll except this Friday night.

Mustangs.... 20

Bulldogs.... 13

Yall hadn't stoped coleman all night so that exactly what you expected to resort to. We faked the hand off to him and all eleven players bit. Coleman, as good as he was, would't have had much of a shot. Instead there was a tight end and a WR standing all alone in the left side of the endzone with nothing between them an lydale but 8 yards worth of cool october air. Perfect call. he could have underhanded it for a TD. Out of 3 seasons starting at milan Lydale dropped 1 ball when he drew back to throw it. It could have been an irrelevant pass against Gibson County, but no, it was 5 yards from the endzone against huntington with the game on the line. Thats just the way it happens sometimes.

I wouldn't worry too much about milan's spread attack. We'll try to utilize our speed but we'll still line up and run between the tackles. Thats just how we play.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question about Milans first play is will it be off right tackle or off left. 6 down linemen I formation. And about the 04 game. 7-6 with two minutes left at midfield. Every coach in college and NFL punts the ball. Defensive game...you make them drive the field. Looking for a lot of yards out of Gilbert, Williams, Hart, and hopefully Bledsoe will be on the field.

I read in the Milan Mirror that Mansfield and the Mustangs have an 8-7 advantage over Morris and the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs have the advantage in the overall series.

Just curious but who all has a win advantage over the Dawgs. Is there another coach that has a win advantage over Morris? I think we are 1-12 against Brownsville-Haywood County. Ouch.......

Here's some advice for all you good folks from Milan. Don't park behind the school. You won't get home before midnight.. There is plenty of parking across the street at the Vocational School and north of the school at the Civic Center. They are both about 150 yards from the front gate.

We're looking for a hard hitting game. What a way to start the season. The "Pigskin Pals " will be ready...

Here I is!!! Been out of town for the last 4 weeks with work. Back in time for Mustangs vs. Bulldogs!!!!

Heres hoping for an injury free game tonight. Great measuring stick to start the season with.

Mustang69... I knew we hadn't seen you about town. From seeing you at the Jamboree it looks like you've been working at the "buffet line".... Milan would be a tough opener for anybody. Last year was a disaster for all Mustang fans. I know the Mustangs are excited to open up with the Bulldogs though. You're right, it's time to see what we've got.