Oak Ridge vs Maryville Scrimmage

OakRidgeCat

Looking for a good football fix while waiting on the season to start?

Oak Ridge and Maryville hook up for their annual scrimmage this coming Friday, August 3rd. The original time and location was 5:30pm at Ben Martin Track/Field. The new time and location will be 7:00pm at Blankenship Field!

This should be enjoyable as well as interesting!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge and Maryville hook up for their annual scrimmage this coming Friday, August 3rd. The original time and location was 5:30pm at Ben Martin Track/Field. The new time and location will be 7:00pm at Blankenship Field!

This should be a great scrimmage. Let us know how it turns out.

OakRidgeCat.

Thanks. can't wait.

ruse?

Looks like the Cats are working hard and are on the way back. Look for them to "THUMP" The Rebs.

Ole Dad

Looks like the Cats are working hard and are on the way back. Look for them to "THUMP" The Rebs.

Ole Dad

Is this Hitch?

Funny thing is when Oak Ridge wins it is because Maryville found out what 5A Football was all about. I remember reading that on this board and hearing it on talk radio in 2004. But! When Maryville wins it's just a meaningless scrimmage.

Weren't you the same guy who wanted Stevens fired?

Is this Hitch?

Funny thing is when Oak Ridge wins it is because Maryville found out what 5A Football was all about. I remember reading that on this board and hearing it on talk radio in 2004. But! When Maryville wins it's just a meaningless scrimmage.

Weren't you the same guy who wanted Stevens fired?

i agree. i think maryville will continue to win state championships when they move to 5a in a few years. they just know how to build programs.unlike o.r when they get a big lead they don't try to humiliate the other team. instead they play their younger players. last year against clinton they could have put up 60 easy but they started calling off the dogs late in the second. if i remember correctly they played 4 diff. qbs and like 6 rbs. this is how you build dynasties. you get everyone game experience so when its their turn to lead the team the transition won't be as slow. and thats why they'll always be successful.

Oak Ridge has great respect for Maryville and Clinton. The Maryville scrimmage sets the tone for both programs and that is why the coaches make it happen. Everybody knows win/loss at a scrimmage is meaningless. It is a tool used to learn strengths and weaknesses and prepare for the upcoming season. To get the true feel of how the players are going to react you try to scrimmage the best. This is a great scrimmage every year. It not only helps the teams, but it gives the fans something in the off time that is truly enjoyable.

Oak Ridge has great respect for Maryville and Clinton. The Maryville scrimmage sets the tone for both programs and that is why the coaches make it happen. Everybody knows win/loss at a scrimmage is meaningless. It is a tool used to learn strengths and weaknesses and prepare for the upcoming season. To get the true feel of how the players are going to react you try to scrimmage the best. This is a great scrimmage every year. It not only helps the teams, but it gives the fans something in the off time that is truly enjoyable.

I agree with your post.

I agree with most of your post, but it is not "Meaningless' to the kids. Just watch them get after it. I does prove every year Maryville, is without question ready to move into 5A and not miss a beat. The Reb's may not win a SC every year but most program would be happy with one every 10 years or so.

Looking forward to Friday night and I am glad it will be at the "Ship" North!

Go Rebs!

I agree 100% O.R. Cat. See ya Friday.