Oak Ridge vs Maryville Scrimmage

OakRidgeCat

That's a fact. Until an uprising occurs against the School Board on this issue they will just thumb their noses at all the footbal fans and supporters and it will stay the same and continue to run down.

Ole Dad

The scrimmage was held and it did not reveal a lot. Both sides held their cards and did not show all they had. No surprise there. Both teams exposed areas that need help and probably found a few bright spots along the way. Photos of the scrimmage are being uploaded tonight to our picture sight for viewing. Should be a very interesting season.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scrimmage was held and it did not reveal a lot. Both sides held their cards and did not show all they had. No surprise there. Both teams exposed areas that need help and probably found a few bright spots along the way. Photos of the scrimmage are being uploaded tonight to our picture sight for viewing. Should be a very interesting season.

Thanks for letting us know a little about what happened tonight. Did Stephens, Rogers, and Kirkpatric play tonight?

Hey Maryville fans,

Do you think OR is better this year? Where do the Cats need to improve? Thanks.

Maryville's defensive line looked great. Hollingsworth,Wadham,Smith and Cantwell all are almost the same size. Add in Englehardt and you have a great defensive line.All those kids are big and athletic. I was concerned about linebackers. They may have went away. Jefferey Booker looked good. Who really looked good was Tim Rodrigues. He has beefed up. Secondary may be the best I have seen at Maryville. Steven Shiver should be a D1 Prospect. He had several bone crushing hits today. Maryville's 1st string defense looked great today.

Offensively Brent Burnett threw the ball well. Receivers are very good. Clendenen will be a stud receiver. Cody McCoy and Thomas Shuler ran hard. Offensive line struggled a little bit today. A lot of it has to do with Oak Ridge's defensive line. Having Broughton Greene and Jordan Halsne out hurt the OLine.

Reserves played well today.I was impressed with Buddy Jones. He is a smaller Tank Baker. I don't know who 22 was but he ran the ball well. The Harris family has been good to Maryville. Kyle and Kirk were good players. Their younger brother Cody looks good. Those young linemen are huge. Dane McCoy will be a stud.

I was happy with todays scrimmage. Both OR and Maryville struggled at times but it is only the first week of practice.

OR has some good players. #2 is a stud. I was very impressed with #5 Alex Stuart is a beast.

Good luck to Oak Ridge.

I echo what Rebelron said.

1st teams... MHS-10 ORHS-0.

Reserves 7-7.

Stuart the lineman for O.R. looked great. Daniels-Mullholland caught the ball well for the Ridgers.

Coffey made a circus catch for the Cats and caught their only TD against Maryville reserves.

I think O.R. is better upfront this year and once they settle on a QB I believe they will be much improved.

Shiver had a great scrimmage both offensively and defensively for Mairvul. He catches everything in sight and hits like a LB from his safety position. I believe the Mairvul D-Line could be dominant.

Overall a good scrimmage for both teams to identify weaknesses and build on strengths.

Good luck to O.R. this season.

I thought both teams had a good scrimmage. I saw were both teams need some work on some things. Oak Ridge looks a lot better this year than last year. Maryville's the O and D lines are well coached but kind of small. Maryville's kicker is not as good as the last one. He did make on from about 25-30 yards. I think anything over past 30 he may have some trouble, but he is very accurate. Oak Ridge's lines looked good, the D Line was getting good pressure on Brunett which caused him to float a few passes and if they would have allowed sacks last night they probably would have have 3 or 4 of them. The reserves looked good for both teams.

Go to http://www.oakridgesports.com/ to read an article on the scrimmage and to watch a picture highlight presentation of the contest. Be sure to right click on the mouse and select full screen when the presentation starts to play.

It sounds like MHS got the best of the Cats but it wasn't as bad as last year so that is improvement. I just hope the Wildcats continue to get better and better. Keep up the hard work OR!

Go to http://www.oakridgesports.com/ to read an article on the scrimmage and to watch a picture highlight presentation of the contest. Be sure to right click on the mouse and select full screen when the presentation starts to play.

It sounds like MHS got the best of the Cats but it wasn't as bad as last year so that is improvement. I just hope the Wildcats continue to get better and better. Keep up the hard work OR!

That was a very good picture presentation. The Oak Ridge community has always had the best photo coverage around. Wish Maryville had that!

I was not able to be there this year, but from what I have heard both teams have some holes to fill, like most teams in the spring. I expect Oak Ridge to again win their region and Maryville will do the same. Maryville may have rammed it down the first series, but Oak Ridge did not break and that is a good thing. Maryville has many times been able to take advantage of teams early in the contest. Things for both teams will only get better and an early scrimmage against a formable opponent only helps. Good Luck to the Catz this year.