Halls High Red Devils

DiverCity

Glad to see the hype in Halls, Seen you guys last year at Sevier Co. You guys we're young but the player that caught my attention most was Dayton.. Good Luck to you guys when we face in Halls this year. And about DB they only returned about 4 or 5 players from last year. They should pull together to receive their 700th win this season. And I think you guys will be much improved this year.. I was near the press box during the Sevier game and you're offense is too predictable.. Everyone in the stands was basically calling your plays when you lined up..It was like most of the fans and Box Press coordinators was in you're huddle 85% of the time..Defense on the other hand was good.. Hopefully that will change this year on you're improving year. You guys do have talent there and great class.. GOOD LUCK!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Halls put a good showing at DB. Been out of town for a while and haven't had the opportunity to check up on the devils. Maybe things are turing the corner at the crossroads, I guess we will find out tonight if they can keep improving. As I was catching up on the posts I noticed a new poster that was pretty all over KJ. I believe Gun816 and that only thing that I could think of was that it had to be a former player upset about something so I dug out some old programs and I think it has become obvious who it is. If everyone has old programs around the house look and see if you can find out who it is. Hint look at the 2002 program. Could be wrong but I dont think we need to call the CSI crew in to figure this one out.

Went and caught the 1st hour or so of the Halls/Catholic scrimmage. Julian knows what he is doing. OL looks very quick in most directions, pull well, keep their feet, lock on, etc. Caleb Leonard is going to be a very fine football player. Been a fan of him for his for some time. Their run blocking was fine. Backs need to not worry about the hole being there, trust that it will be and hit it. That offense requires timing & trust. It will come with repetition. Pass protection looked shakey at best. Part of that IMO was down and distance. Catholic could tee off, and they did. Young QB needs to get through his reads better, and that will come as well. Also, when getting that offense going, pass protection varies alot. Roll, cut, straight up, etc. Takes time. Dayton looked OK. Needs to be more physical. Interference call was 50/50. DL/LB looked OK. Nice job at point of attack, but need to get off blocks quicker. Use hands, pull, rip, squeeze, etc. LBs need to wrap up, or get their head on the right side. DBs need some work/confidence. They have talent. Halls success will be a result of continuing to do just what they are. They will be fine.

Catholic looked like Catholic. That is a very good defense. Hood kid looked OK, as did rest of DL. Asked about #67 or #63, can't remember, name is Coulter. Looks to be about 6-2, 230 or so. Had a couple sacks. Tough. The other Tait #8 was killing it at LB. Offensively #2 is Vann. Kid is slick. Runs much stronger than you think. Catholic had a good bit of total offense, but fumbled several times.

I really think Halls will be fine this yr, and better than some expect.

ruse?

ruse?

Nice post. We were knocked a tad back toward reality, but it's not a bad view from there. Catholic just executes so well. I can't agree more about the backs -- hit the hole and trust it will be there. Catholic's backs trust and fight for every yard. They're looking to beat you by getting 5 yards every time. When the Halls backs get that down we'll move the ball more successfully against a team like Catholic.

Halls' defense is playing their assignments, and when they begin to wrap up they'll do well.

Carter on Friday night?

ruse?

hit the hole and trust it will be there. Catholic's backs trust and fight for every yard. They're looking to beat you by getting 5 yards every time. When the Halls backs get that down we'll move the ball more successfully against a team like Catholic.

Carter on Friday night?

This was one of my complaints there are kids on the team that already know how to hit the hole hard and we dont utlize them, that was one of my complaints about coach J. We have talent at the back position, but it appears that he keeps on trying to develop other players. I heard he is even trying to move Jake Carr to TE he is one of the kids that will get you 3-4 yards after being hit. I would like to see R. Kelly get more carries and Gunter to get carries. Those three are halls type running backs. But I will have to say the Kitts kid is twice the running back he was last year. Last year if you touched him he went down this year he is really fighting and has impressed me. However, 14-0 scrimmage is kind of disappointing on the defensive side because I know coach J would like to know if the teams starts on the 10 that they should never score. But cathlic scored twice. To many missed tackles and the defensive backs are having to make to many tackles. LB look to slow and are not getting off of blocks. But this is where Coach J speicalizes at and should correct this by the start of the season.

This was one of my complaints there are kids on the team that already know how to hit the hole hard and we dont utlize them, that was one of my complaints about coach J. We have talent at the back position, but it appears that he keeps on trying to develop other players. I heard he is even trying to move Jake Carr to TE he is one of the kids that will get you 3-4 yards after being hit. I would like to see R. Kelly get more carries and Gunter to get carries. Those three are halls type running backs. But I will have to say the Kitts kid is twice the running back he was last year. Last year if you touched him he went down this year he is really fighting and has impressed me. However, 14-0 scrimmage is kind of disappointing on the defensive side because I know coach J would like to know if the teams starts on the 10 that they should never score. But cathlic scored twice. To many missed tackles and the defensive backs are having to make to many tackles. LB look to slow and are not getting off of blocks. But this is where Coach J speicalizes at and should correct this by the start of the season.

Fair enough gun816.

Good luck against Carter.

ruse?

Gun

I agree lock, stock and barrel. I saw a kid out there (at wing)whom I have not seen all summer. I have been to every afternoon practice and this kid shows up for the scrimmage and gets in. I heard a parent say that he was wrestling or something while the other kids were practicing football. I watched him for a while. He seems to have some ability but he looked lost. Not knowing what to do on defense will get you beat, not knowing what to do on offense will get someone hurt.

I made it to the scrimmage yesterday redbyrd and the kid I believe you are talking about is acutally Gunter that Gun is so high on in several of his posts. I heard several parents talking about how one of the wings had missed several practices due to wrestling and I am almost positive they were saying it was number 41 who is Gunter on the roster on the new website. I could be wrong, but if ZCAR, Sneaky, or Haveityourway could help me out on that would be great. Also redbyrd you have laid down another hint on the identity of the constantly criticizing Gun. If thats the case then Ethan Gunter wrestles hmmm..... Lets look at some of the previous posts on other threads by Gun. Now lets look a football program from 2002. Possibly at number 16. Gun....Gunter??? Does the Gunter of now have a disgruntled brother from Halls football past? I don't have one, but I would be willing to put some money down that you might find him in the baseball program from the 2003 season and that you might want to look at number 8. Gun816 seems to fit....coincidence. Maybe?

I made it to the scrimmage yesterday redbyrd and the kid I believe you are talking about is acutally Gunter that Gun is so high on in several of his posts. I heard several parents talking about how one of the wings had missed several practices due to wrestling and I am almost positive they were saying it was number 41 who is Gunter on the roster on the new website. I could be wrong, but if ZCAR, Sneaky, or Haveityourway could help me out on that would be great. Also redbyrd you have laid down another hint on the identity of the constantly criticizing Gun. If thats the case then Ethan Gunter wrestles hmmm..... Lets look at some of the previous posts on other threads by Gun. Now lets look a football program from 2002. Possibly at number 16. Gun....Gunter??? Does the Gunter of now have a disgruntled brother from Halls football past? I don't have one, but I would be willing to put some money down that you might find him in the baseball program from the 2003 season and that you might want to look at number 8. Gun816 seems to fit....coincidence. Maybe?

Be that as it may, let's not call kids out by name and/or number. As I said, the kid has ability and shows promise. I don't think the purpose of this message board is cloak and dagger. I certainly would not appreciate someone blasting my child on this message board.

Back to the scrimmage. My take.

The bad:

I have concern over our experienced 1st team offensive line play. Looked hopeless against albeit a very tough front and linebacking group from Catholic. Very limited in the running game and Turner had no pass blocking to speak of in his protection to throw deep. Receivers were open deep just no time for him to get the ball to them. I hope KJ makes this a priority this week in practice. Later the 2nd & 3rd units did fine.

Turner playing defense. Starting QB thats a no-no. Especially when your thin back there with no experience. How many people on the sidelines were holding their breath when he came up limping.

The good:

Defense. Broke thru Catholic's OL many times and it took 1 hour for Cathloic to score. This Catholic team isn't bad people they scored 40 or 50 on Powell last scrimmage. So I am really impressed.We did capitalise on two or three fumbles to stop drives. I like there opportunitic nature. I think most Halls Fans will be impressed this year also.

Turner feeling more confident and his short to medium game looks very tight. If I'm right he had five very good completions in traffic. He must be given better protection to excel. He will only get better.

Need a first down go to Kelley. He just gets it done hardnosed type player that Halls seems to produce year in and year out. Outstanding on defense and offense. He runs over his blockers if they haven't found a hole for him.

KJ jumping up and down and acting like a big kid. The emotion is just great. Bruce Pearl of Halls.

Definetly not blasting him. I knew the number of the kid they were talking about and his name is on the Halls website. I also agree with your statement that he does seem to have ability. In noway was I blasting the kid, he seems to have the ability to have a promising year if he chooses to do so. If, which is a if, he is the one who missed practice for wrestling that is his choice. What I am shedding light on is on who Gun816 seems to be, again seems to be. The same person that bashes Julian and says he can't out coach a monkey. The same coach that has the community fired up about football again and over a 120 kids playing football. That is who I am bashing not the kid. The kid has ability and at times looked good. Kids names are mentioned on here everyday. I agree that there does not need to bashing of the kids and yes I would be upset to if someone bashed my kid, but that was not the intent of that post and if it came off that way I apologize. The bashing is for Gun816 whose identity is pretty clear to me and he is not a kid.

ruse?

Nice post. We were knocked a tad back toward reality, but it's not a bad view from there. Catholic just executes so well. I can't agree more about the backs -- hit the hole and trust it will be there. Catholic's backs trust and fight for every yard. They're looking to beat you by getting 5 yards every time. When the Halls backs get that down we'll move the ball more successfully against a team like Catholic.

Halls' defense is playing their assignments, and when they begin to wrap up they'll do well.

Again, I think we're getting there, especially on defense. The 1st team LB's look good to me. However, both outside LB's got hurt early last night. One was taken to the hospital for dehydration (players, hear this: start drinking water in the MORNING and continue all day before practice, scrimmages or a game; it's not enough to drink a lot of water DURING the practice, etc.), so a lot of what we saw was back-up play out of the LB's.

Offense was stifled a bit last night. Like you, ZCAR, I think the problems are fixable and will be, starting with practice tonight....