Halls High Red Devils

DiverCity

a little preview for jamboree scrimmage against Austin-East.

QB is Mark Montgomery. 6-5 210. was 4-6 last year with 1 TD

Running the ball with Lincoln Anderson. 1 TD and 168 yds last year

One receiver is Daniel Anderson. Caught 9 passes and 1 TD.

Defense only gave up 20 TD's last year. However, MANY SIGNIFICANT people are gone.

QB Jaren Troutman

HB Ashford Johnson

WR Josh Hinch

and there was that Anthony kid

Hey Pirateman894.

A little more preview for you. Where is Turtle when ya need him? Anyway, yes Anthony Anderson is gone, beware of Daniel Anderson. Troutman is gone, and Montgomery is as impressive of an athlete @ the QB position as you will see this yr. Does not make him a good QB yet, but he is talented. Saw him in a JV game last yr, and thought he would dominate. He did not. Plenty behind Johnson and Hinch. New, "take no prisoners" staff. Lastly, be on the lookout for MR. Kenny Jones @ LB. 6-0/6-1, 215 or so. Strong. Won the state title in the shot put, and perhaps the discuss. Fast. Came in 6th in the 200 meters. He will knock your head off. AE gets after it. There OL/DL lost quite a bit, but w/Jarvis Reado coaching, and a pretty good pipeline, that should not be a glaring weakness. Good luck.

ruse?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls fans, expect a tough night on Thursday from A-E. The talent level is as good or better than Catholic, just a different style. I expect to see some speed!! K. Jones is as good as it gets in town at LB. A missed blocking assignment on him will not be good.

Hopefully the boys will continue to improve and crank it up a notch this week. I hear that B. Hughes is going to the doctor on Tues. Let's hope for the best! (He obviously won't be back for Thurs.) Does anyone know if D. Dayton will be back?? Heard he was not at practice tonight. Let's hope his leg heals. Finally, I heard Turner is back to full speed at QB.

Coaches are coaching hard and players seem to be responding. Good luck on Thursday!!!!

AE 14

Halls 7

The good - Halls moved the ball pretty well. That included on the ground and the in the air. The run was good enough to set up the play action pass. TT threw well tonight, and RK ran hard.

The not so good - Tonight, I thought the defense was soft. Corners played soft and LB seemed slow filling gaps on runs. (IMO)

The bad - Turnovers and tackling. One turnover led to a score and one interception was returned for a score. Halls did get one fumble back at the 5 as AE was trying to score, but Halls must win the TO margin to win. The INT was a miscommunication. WR went deep and QB threw the curl. Tackling was pretty bad at times. AE's RB's seemed to bounce off tacklers. These can be fixed.

Halls did not look that good last night at all. They scored on AE's 2nd teamers with Halls still having their first teamers in. Tackling was pathetic!!! R. Kelly looked good running the ball but running just won't be enough this year.

Unless the light just all of a sudden clicks on we are looking at 5-5 at best. As of right now we will not win against, Maryville, Central, West, Bearden or Sevier County. And it wouldn't surprise me if South Doyle, Clinton or even Powell beats us this year. Not saying we will lose those three but one of those three could be very possible.

Halls did not look that good last night at all. They scored on AE's 2nd teamers with Halls still having their first teamers in. Tackling was pathetic!!! R. Kelly looked good running the ball but running just won't be enough this year.

Unless the light just all of a sudden clicks on we are looking at 5-5 at best. As of right now we will not win against, Maryville, Central, West, Bearden or Sevier County. And it wouldn't surprise me if South Doyle, Clinton or even Powell beats us this year. Not saying we will lose those three but one of those three could be very possible.

Wow Halls grad enough of the early season doom and gloom already. Are you basing your whole empahsis of your prediction of one quarter of play against a good team in a KOC Jamboree? Maybe I'm missing something but thats just a walk in the park for the boys in red. Wait till the season starts.

It's good to see that in 12 minutes of play that you can come to these conclusions. I believe you would be wrong considering the newspaper this morning and everything up to last night considered. Halls didn't show a lot of the stuff people have been talking about in these scrimmages last night. Also, didn't Halls happen to have a 2nd team DB in the game when AE threw the TD pass?

It seems to me that 3 boneheaded mistakes were the difference last night. You also have to think about how the coaches can't really gameplan against teams in the jamboree cause usually they have no film on the opposing team and no knowledge of what they're going to do. Hince, AE was in split backs last night where they had been a shotgun spread team. Good Day

Wow Halls grad enough of the early season doom and gloom already. Are you basing your whole empahsis of your prediction of one quarter of play against a good team in a KOC Jamboree? Maybe I'm missing something but thats just a walk in the park for the boys in red. Wait till the season starts.

'Wait till the season starts' is exactly right. The same can be said for summer passing leagues, scrimmages, summer practice and whatnot. As much chatter as there is on here about what Halls (or any other team) is going to do this season seems moot until Week 1. It does give us something to debate until then though.

'Wait till the season starts' is exactly right. The same can be said for summer passing leagues, scrimmages, summer practice and whatnot. As much chatter as there is on here about what Halls (or any other team) is going to do this season seems moot until Week 1. It does give us something to debate until then though.

Halls looked anxious, not nervous or scared or anything, just anxious. Sign of youth, and an expectation to perform. Nothing wrong with that. They will be fine. Halls, IMO, needs to find a few more playmakers. Lot's of folks who play AE feel like they "gave a game away" because number one, AE has playmakers EVERY yr, and number two, they are very opportunisitic. You have to "out athlete" them or "outdiscipline" them.

ruse?