Red Boiling Springs

singray

numbers kill rbs it is such a small school.i hear they may close it and send them to macon.someone said they should close hermitage in rbs and send those kids to rbs but i think that is clay.co territory.they have been so close to turning the corner in the past only due to lack of players to fall short.i was told by ppl out there that some kids who would be good don't care much for sports just to party.didn't they have a great year in 77 or 78 and go to a bowl game? does anybody have the results from that year?

The Bulldogs were 6-4 in 1978 and 5-5 in 1979. Current Head Coach Tony Boles played both those years.

As far as numbers killing, I have heard the Bulldogs have 32 players on this years squad.

I wish them the best of luck on the season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Baughn and Clay Dixon are a couple of coaches that are brought back, RBS has close to 30 players I guess to come out and play this year...The last few years RBS has had some really good jr high teams so hopefully those kids have come up this year and will help RBS to a few wins this year...Have got better speed then we have had in the last few years as well...

Clay Dixon is back???????

rbs chances of winning more than one game now or while they have the same coaching staff is impossible. Look at their staff. Now have coached in a winning situation. None. Boles played under a winning coach. only one they have had. and it was only 1 year. in order for rbs to be winners they need to get experienced coaches in the system. at least 3. what should happen is to get some experienced coaches who have coached some winning seasons and let them coach. or if they don't do that just closed the program. it is no fair to the kids to not give them coaches that will give them the effort they deserve. but it may not matter. the junior high program has lost interest and their was not enought to field a team and there is no junior high program this year. it could happen to the high school next.

rbs chances of winning more than one game now or while they have the same coaching staff is impossible. Look at their staff. Now have coached in a winning situation. None. Boles played under a winning coach. only one they have had. and it was only 1 year. in order for rbs to be winners they need to get experienced coaches in the system. at least 3. what should happen is to get some experienced coaches who have coached some winning seasons and let them coach. or if they don't do that just closed the program. it is no fair to the kids to not give them coaches that will give them the effort they deserve. but it may not matter. the junior high program has lost interest and their was not enought to field a team and there is no junior high program this year. it could happen to the high school next.

I don't know about the RBS situation. All I've seen is 0-10, 0-10, 0-10, etc. on their schedules...If you were a coach that has been through a winning program, would you coach somewhere like Red Boiling Springs? Again, I have no clue about the situation...but that's my logic behind how they can't field a good, winning coach. I wish them the best of luck though, SH knows how it feels to go 0-10...can't imagine what it's like to do it almost every year.

Hotdog, sounds to me, you are just a Lafayette Tiger fan who is afaraid that RBS will have a little success. Also I believe from your comments, you do not know Coach Boles or his staff. Coach Boles coached at Loudon High School in the 1980's and the had winning record both years, going 11-1 in one of those seasons. Coach Goolsby was Assistant at T-ville Ky in the 80's and thy went to the playoffs both years with winning records. Coach Baughn coaches at Mt. JUliet and played at Gallitan each year with a winning record. The only Coach on their staff without having coached or played for a team without a winning rwecord is a Tiger alum(imagine that). Seemes to me you had better get your facts straight before you start laying blame for the situation at RBS. the problem with the program at RBS is with the former administration. They haven't had more than 2 coaches fulltime coaches in the past 4 years until now. Plus how do you know the effort given by the RBS coaches? Are you at practice each day or you like most Tiger fans that can't believe any Coaching staff works as had as theirs.

Good luck Bulldogs and I hope you win more games than my former beloved Tigers(for those of you without a clue REGIT is a backwards tiger.

Hotdog, sounds to me, you are just a Lafayette Tiger fan who is afaraid that RBS will have a little success. Also I believe from your comments, you do not know Coach Boles or his staff. Coach Boles coached at Loudon High School in the 1980's and the had winning record both years, going 11-1 in one of those seasons. Coach Goolsby was Assistant at T-ville Ky in the 80's and thy went to the playoffs both years with winning records. Coach Baughn coaches at Mt. JUliet and played at Gallitan each year with a winning record. The only Coach on their staff without having coached or played for a team without a winning rwecord is a Tiger alum(imagine that). Seemes to me you had better get your facts straight before you start laying blame for the situation at RBS. the problem with the program at RBS is with the former administration. They haven't had more than 2 coaches fulltime coaches in the past 4 years until now. Plus how do you know the effort given by the RBS coaches? Are you at practice each day or you like most Tiger fans that can't believe any Coaching staff works as had as theirs.

Good luck Bulldogs and I hope you win more games than my former beloved Tigers(for those of you without a clue REGIT is a backwards tiger.

What has RBS's record been the past 4 yrs. I am not from that area. Thanks

regit, no i am not a tiger fan. just know that rbs hasn't produced and won't produce as long as they have the same staff. they may win one game this year. that is the best they can do. i will let rbs's action speak. one win at the most. i have heard other coaches, not any one school but several, state that rbs is just a laughing stock. that they should give it up. now don't get me wrong a lot of this comes from the admistration. they should get more experienced coaches and they should get them at least 3 or 4. but i don't think the coaches there now had very much experience in any other schools as coaches. a good player doesn't necessarily make a good coach. and i heard boles was a banker before he coached? anyway he wasn't at the other school very long. all i am saying is they need to wipe the slate clean and get a new more deicated staff that knows their football. and i would think there might be a coach who would take the job. you only got one way to go!! anyway i say good luck to them. i just wish the kids had a better chance.

regit, no i am not a tiger fan. just know that rbs hasn't produced and won't produce as long as they have the same staff. they may win one game this year. that is the best they can do. i will let rbs's action speak. one win at the most. i have heard other coaches, not any one school but several, state that rbs is just a laughing stock. that they should give it up. now don't get me wrong a lot of this comes from the admistration. they should get more experienced coaches and they should get them at least 3 or 4. but i don't think the coaches there now had very much experience in any other schools as coaches. a good player doesn't necessarily make a good coach. and i heard boles was a banker before he coached? anyway he wasn't at the other school very long. all i am saying is they need to wipe the slate clean and get a new more deicated staff that knows their football. and i would think there might be a coach who would take the job. you only got one way to go!! anyway i say good luck to them. i just wish the kids had a better chance.

Hotdog, just where do your loyalties lie? If you are not a Tiger fan, do you work in Lafayette or with people from Lafayette. You certainly seem to have a wealth if misinformation about Coach Boles and his staff. Boles took the job when noone else wanted it. He coached 2 years with only 16-18 players and the program in debt(no doing of Boles), he has had to fight with the basketball coach for the athletes and has had only one assistant for the last 2 years. Now you tell me how many people would continue at a job under those conditions? As for them only winning one game, don't form those opinions until you have seen them play.

Alright every one....................heres a tip...............If the players at RBS are having fun, working together, learning some of the valuable lessons that football teaches, making friends, impressing the girls, getting stronger, making better grades, and making their PARENTS proud, then why the heck does it matter if they win or lose? These guys face the adversity of possibly not winning a game every year, yet they show up every practice, every game, every pep rally, and give it what theyve got. I respect that enough to not get on here and say crap like "they should drop football" . If they are having fun, leave them be, or get your butt over there, VOLUNTEER, and help them out.

Good Luck RBS!!!