singray

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Questions:

How many kids are out for football?

How did the summer workout program go?

Do you have the same head coach -and- does he have some decent paid assistants (not bag-holders or get-back coaches)?

In looking at the schedule, if he has some decent help & some decent athletes, there's no reason not to win a few games. I would hope he wouldn't run a bunch of "spread/flavor of the month" offensive crap that requires too many athletes in too many positions. He needs to run a contrarian style offense & defense, get first downs, eat the clock & give the defense precious time to rest.

Go RBS! We're pulling for ya!

Would Red Boiling Springs be more competitive playing 8 man football?

Lighthouse Christian reinstituted football recently, this time playing 8 man football. I heard they

had a pretty successful season last year.

I think 8 man football would be a viable option if they can't make some improvement in the next year or so. I wouldn't give up on 11 man just yet. They need a couple of wins to build confidence; maybe schedule Zion Christian (1-9 last year), St. Andrews Sewanee (1-9) or Hancock County (new program) or even consider going out of state (Mulenberg North in Ky. 0-10 or Warrior Academy in Ala. 0-10 ) to get some out of district similiar competition. A couple of wins would do wonders for the program. If you could go 3-7 the program would probably get a ticker tape parade.

I think 8 man football would be a viable option if they can't make some improvement in the next year or so. I wouldn't give up on 11 man just yet. They need a couple of wins to build confidence; maybe schedule Zion Christian (1-9 last year), St. Andrews Sewanee (1-9) or Hancock County (new program) or even consider going out of state (Mulenberg North in Ky. 0-10 or Warrior Academy in Ala. 0-10 ) to get some out of district similiar competition. A couple of wins would do wonders for the program. If you could go 3-7 the program would probably get a ticker tape parade.

Obviously the kids at RBS dont play merely for wins and loses. They have to be playing "For love of the game". Which, in reallity, is more important anyway.

Good Luck RBS

Head coach Tony Boles and Coach Goolsby- not sure about the rest if any.

Scott Baughn and Clay Dixon are a couple of coaches that are brought back, RBS has close to 30 players I guess to come out and play this year...The last few years RBS has had some really good jr high teams so hopefully those kids have come up this year and will help RBS to a few wins this year...Have got better speed then we have had in the last few years as well...

Scott Baughn and Clay Dixon are a couple of coaches that are brought back, RBS has close to 30 players I guess to come out and play this year...The last few years RBS has had some really good jr high teams so hopefully those kids have come up this year and will help RBS to a few wins this year...Have got better speed then we have had in the last few years as well...

There was a Clay Dixon that used to coach at Woodland MS in Williamson County; is that the same guy?

numbers kill rbs it is such a small school.i hear they may close it and send them to macon.someone said they should close hermitage in rbs and send those kids to rbs but i think that is clay.co territory.they have been so close to turning the corner in the past only due to lack of players to fall short.i was told by ppl out there that some kids who would be good don't care much for sports just to party.didn't they have a great year in 77 or 78 and go to a bowl game? does anybody have the results from that year?