Gibson Co. player passes away

GCPioneer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not saying the heat is what caused this unfortunate death . i'm just saying it doesn't help matters in any shape, form or fashion. 4:45 pm is not the evening, it's probaly the hottest part of the day. 7:00 pm is the evening when it starts cooling off.

The heat does take more of a toll on different people...another side note for people to realize is that this kid was not overweight so it goes to show that this could happen to any kid

The heat does take a toll more on different people...another side note for people to realize is that this kid was not overweight so it goes to show that this could happen to any kid

They say that kids that are more muscular are at more risk than overweight kids. The less body fat...the more risk. I would have thought it to be the other way around.

I understand where your coming from....this situation DID happen during a water break and was only 40 minutes into practice time....this occurred in evening roughly 4:45...

Jackson sends its thoughts and prayers to both families. Though heat may not have caused this tragedy, maybe it will keep these coaches mindful of what could happen. Sounds like this coach cared for his players. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all the players, students, families and friends. God bless.

my prayers go out to both families. always saddens me when we lose a child. i hope this wakes the school systems up to start making these kids practice at night during the summer to get out of this heat. believe me i've worked out in this crap for the last 20 years and i wear shorts and a t-shirt . i can't imagine practicing in this heat in full pads or even half pads. wake up coaches and don't have to use the excuse that you're practice fields don't have lights. for the sake of these kids you can use you're precious football stadiums to practice on because i know they have lights. sometimes it takes a little inconvenience, but in the end these kids will be safer and they will play harder for you. this is not the marines, it is just a game. a game i love but not one where i would put myself or my children in jeopardy due to the heat when there is a simple solution to remedy it. GOD BLESS.

As far as I know as of 1:54pm today, the official cause of death has not been released. Therefore, you are horribly out of line in your verbal reprimand. If the cause of death turns out to be heat related, that will be the time to engage in dialogue. Until then, all you are doing is causing more pain to pile on to what I am sure the Gibson County staff is feeling.

Our thoughts and prayers from Westview go out to the families, players, and coaches during the tragic time.

The visitation was tonight...there was TONS of people there to show their respects...As I am sure if Will's Mom and Dad were to read everything on here they would be VERY thankful for everything that has been said on here...just please remember to keep this family still in your prayers because they are going through some rough stuff!!!

RIP Will