Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

I think Tennessee High will be quite good...losing Thomas was a big loss and Fleenor, but there is some experienced talent back for the Vikings...they are to not to be taken lightly by anyone...

I think the secondary is talented, but D-B did have receivers with 100 plus yards receiving the last two years (Throp 100 yards in 05 and Sensebaugh 143 in 06) with both of them having solid secondary rolls each year...

Tennessee High is not receiving the preseason accolades they deserve.

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk you are too kind. The Vikings return a grand total of 0 starters on offense and 5 on defense. We are youuuuuung. That said we'll be stong on the defensive front and have some key leadership in the defensive backfield. Offensively we've got some talent at the skill positions, it's just green untested talent. The offensive line is young as well and will have to really step it up.

On the plus side, the kids have worked really hard this summer and some of these unproven players are ready to show that they have earned their horns. We never have a lot of size at THS or a stable of game breakers. But what we do have is a good coaching staff who know how to get the most out of the kids and kids who have a good work ethic.

I'm glad this game is when it is. With it being race week, there will be little if any media hype, just us morons on Coach T. All the excitement will be about it being the first game and not necessarily DB v. THS. DB is the premiere program in our neck of the woods and this will give us a good indication of where we are at and where we need to get to by week 10. I look forward to the game and to the season. Because the bottom line is IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE.

Plus, at least this year we won't have to worry about Son of Skunk. We'll see you next Thursday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skunk you are too kind. The Vikings return a grand total of 0 starters on offense and 5 on defense. We are youuuuuung. That said we'll be stong on the defensive front and have some key leadership in the defensive backfield. Offensively we've got some talent at the skill positions, it's just green untested talent. The offensive line is young as well and will have to really step it up.

On the plus side, the kids have worked really hard this summer and some of these unproven players are ready to show that they have earned their horns. We never have a lot of size at THS or a stable of game breakers. But what we do have is a good coaching staff who know how to get the most out of the kids and kids who have a good work ethic.

I'm glad this game is when it is. With it being race week, there will be little if any media hype, just us morons on Coach T. All the excitement will be about it being the first game and not necessarily DB v. THS. DB is the premiere program in our neck of the woods and this will give us a good indication of where we are at and where we need to get to by week 10. I look forward to the game and to the season. Because the bottom line is IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE.

Plus, at least this year we won't have to worry about Son of Skunk. We'll see you next Thursday.

Hey Voice…what is your take on the QB competition. I myself thought it was a done deal but the Sophomore really stepped it up in PV. This kinda reminds me of the QB battle at UT between Casey Clausen and Brent Schaeffer.

Hey Voice…what is your take on the QB competition. I myself thought it was a done deal but the Sophomore really stepped it up in PV. This kinda reminds me of the QB battle at UT between Casey Clausen and Brent Schaeffer.

That's what I thought. I didn't see the PV scrimmage, but I did see Harmon at the Greeneville scrimmage.

An awesome promo just aired for the Dobyns-Bennett/Tennessee High game. The game will air on Charter Main St. on August 28th at 8:00pm.

DB will easily win this opener. But they're going to get ruffed up next week at Wm Blount.

This is the only local game that thursday night. Both team's fans sit on the same sideline. Get there early!

DB will easily win this opener. But they're going to get ruffed up next week at Wm Blount.

This is the only local game that thursday night. Both team's fans sit on the same sideline. Get there early!

I got a question for you Zero. Why do you still have listed, From: AAAA Region 3. Bud has already exposed you as a Tennessee High fan.

It would be nice if all of DB felt that way and even better if they were looking past this week on to WB……but I seriously doubt it.

It would be nice if all of DB felt that way and even better if they were looking past this week on to WB……but I seriously doubt it.

Really couldn't blame them if they got caught looking past the Vikes. Since Wm Blount has been a 4th seed and knocked 1 seed DB out at home twice in as many games it seems only natural to want to get some respect back.