White House and Smith Co. scrimmage

Mr. Postman1

Whooo Who. I thought scrimmages dont count. They can be misleading. Until yall think you did something in one, Then to say ALCOA better watch out for WH. That sets yall right up there playing with ALCOA. Dont it? If you want us to think that, I will. Yall are within a TD of ALCOA. They best watch their step this year. The Owls are great this year. Better than last.. You gotta love it.

Nope moneyman...go back and read the posts. I never said SC did anything. I did say WH has a wealth of talent...because they do. I did say scrimmages don't matter...because they don't. I never said SC could play with Alcoa...or anyone else for that matter. Gee...think what you want to. You sure do assume a lot.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antwan,

Look at WH early season record the past few years and look at the overall record of some of the teams who have beaten them. Example: Page High School You know as well as I do, they were flat yesterday. The receivers couldn't catch the ball. The timing was off. They could not cover a pass either. I am not downing WH. If you go to the post on who will win the 3A championship, I predicted that WH and DL would be playing in that game. They will be there in the end, right now they have a long way to go. SC is a lot further along than WH. Man it takes nothing for you to get bent out of shape.

I guess disagreeing with you is "getting bent out of shape". WH scored 26 points on DL last week in 3 quarters work.

Albeit...it was a scrimmage. A lot of kids were out. I think it's well documented what I think of scrimmages. I am telling you that WH is usually a very very good scrimmage team. I should know. We've scrimmaged them every year for quite a while now. I will also tell you they are talented. They are also huge.

I guess disagreeing with you is "getting bent out of shape". WH scored 26 points on DL last week in 3 quarters work.

Albeit...it was a scrimmage. A lot of kids were out. I think it's well documented what I think of scrimmages. I am telling you that WH is usually a very very good scrimmage team. I should know. We've scrimmaged them every year for quite a while now. I will also tell you they are talented. They are also huge.

You are exactly right. Wh is huge and very talented. SC could have beaten them badly yesterday if that was what SC was trying to do and there is no doubt in my mind about that. WH has a group of coaches from the old Calvin Short error in Gallatin. They do things the old fashioned way. They don't participate in Passing Leagues like other teams do. When SC is working their butt off in June and July, WH is taking it easy, not having mandatory workouts. WH depends on their players keeping themselves in good shape and some of the players do and some don't. When you don't work hard during the Summer, several things will happen. First of all you will have 80 - 90 kids playing with hardly any quitting from burnout. Due to that, you don't have to be in as good of shape as other teams because you can beat them with numbers. The bad thing about it, it takes you 3 - 4 games to get on track. I know there are years when WH gives SC a hard way to go in scrimmages, but when SC is fired up they always handle WH. WH better get better fast this year with Alcoa on their schedule in week 3.

Singray, didn't WH convert several 3rd downs with passing game? Not to mention a 4th down and goal, I believe it was for a score? Seems to me for them to convert in those situations somebody had to be making the catch. Maybe they were supposed to be like G-ville, who you say "will beat SC by 14 and possibly 21", and make every catch. But hey, you're right, White House IS NO Gordonsville.

Singray, didn't WH convert several 3rd downs with passing game? Not to mention a 4th down and goal, I believe it was for a score? Seems to me for them to convert in those situations somebody had to be making the catch. Maybe they were supposed to be like G-ville, who you say "will beat SC by 14 and possibly 21", and make every catch. But hey, you're right, White House IS NO Gordonsville.

Your right,

Right now they are not as good as Gordonsville but they will be better than Gordonsville before the year is up. I'll be honest with you, I told Mr. Postman to put that on there about how bad Gordonsville will beat SC. As I see it, it is a pretty even matchup.

Well, that's good then. The talent level of the top 5 players has been fairly equal before and we know how that has turned out. Shoot, I was hoping to get that 14 points from somebody. May con someone into it yet. We have some kids that have made big improvement in the time between the DCA and WH scrimmages.

You are exactly right. Wh is huge and very talented. SC could have beaten them badly yesterday if that was what SC was trying to do and there is no doubt in my mind about that. WH has a group of coaches from the old Calvin Short error in Gallatin. They do things the old fashioned way. They don't participate in Passing Leagues like other teams do. When SC is working their butt off in June and July, WH is taking it easy, not having mandatory workouts. WH depends on their players keeping themselves in good shape and some of the players do and some don't. When you don't work hard during the Summer, several things will happen. First of all you will have 80 - 90 kids playing with hardly any quitting from burnout. Due to that, you don't have to be in as good of shape as other teams because you can beat them with numbers. The bad thing about it, it takes you 3 - 4 games to get on track. I know there are years when WH gives SC a hard way to go in scrimmages, but when SC is fired up they always handle WH. WH better get better fast this year with Alcoa on their schedule in week 3.

Actually, WH does participate in passing, they just would rather get there kids work and in sync with one another than letting them worry about the person lined up in front of them. you obviously do not know our program and I am pretty ticked you would down our staff the way you are, your best bet is to not show up to any more of our games because if I found out who you were I would definately have to call you out for being at one of our games.

My name is Mitchell Parker, former player of White House High and also a firm believer in our Coaches.

Singray,

You do not know what the heck you are talking about. I played for WH and can tell you that we work out and practice year round except for the dead period. So please before you speak know your darn facts.... WH is from a little old school. You know hard work, lots of heart, and winning. WH just started scrimmaging SC for the last few years before then we never scrimmaged you all. In fact I had really never heard of SMITH CO. Not to say anything bad of you alls program but we you were not even on our radar. WH bust their tale every to win a state championship. PERIOD. Not anything else. As far as having alot of players on the team, it is because players want to play for WH and will do anything to stay on the team. If you come out in 9th grade you are on our team as long as you can do what is asked and keep your grades up. If you don't come out then, but try to come out when you are an upperclassmen it near impossible to make the team. We are a sound football year in and year out. We have made the playoffs something like 23 out of the last 24 years. That is impressive. That does not come LAZYNESS. Please just know your facts next time........ Thats all.

Actually, WH does participate in passing, they just would rather get there kids work and in sync with one another than letting them worry about the person lined up in front of them. you obviously do not know our program and I am pretty ticked you would down our staff the way you are, your best bet is to not show up to any more of our games because if I found out who you were I would definately have to call you out for being at one of our games.

My name is Mitchell Parker, former player of White House High and also a firm believer in our Coaches.

I am sorry if I have made you or anybody mad. I have been a supporter of WH every oppurtunity that I have had over the years. I have been to a lot of WH playoff games including the 1997 State Championship. I am a firm supporter of the WH coaching staff. They are excellent. They just approach the offseason differently than most programs. Is that downing the coaches, no it isn't. As a matter of fact, I have a family member on the staff. Look at the post titled Who will win the 3A state championship and you will not be mad at me any longer. SC is our biggest Region rivalry game and I was just giving my opinion of what happened in the scrimmage yesterday.

You, sir, saw G-ville run through a very average football team and proclaim greatness. What you saw yesterday was two completely sound football teams butting heads. I think ray ray's eyes are deceiving him. But that's ok. I've never expected alot from these posters from Stinkin Creek

Guest Termite

Singray,

You do not know what the heck you are talking about. I played for WH and can tell you that we work out and practice year round except for the dead period. So please before you speak know your darn facts.... WH is from a little old school. You know hard work, lots of heart, and winning. WH just started scrimmaging SC for the last few years before then we never scrimmaged you all. In fact I had really never heard of SMITH CO. Not to say anything bad of you alls program but we you were not even on our radar. WH bust their tale every to win a state championship. PERIOD. Not anything else. As far as having alot of players on the team, it is because players want to play for WH and will do anything to stay on the team. If you come out in 9th grade you are on our team as long as you can do what is asked and keep your grades up. If you don't come out then, but try to come out when you are an upperclassmen it near impossible to make the team. We are a sound football year in and year out. We have made the playoffs something like 23 out of the last 24 years. That is impressive. That does not come LAZYNESS. Please just know your facts next time........ Thats all.

Josh39

Just so you know...ole singray is from Westmoreland....no matter how bad he wants to be......he ain't from Smith Co.

He and a fellow by the name of Postman know everything about..Westmoreland, Macon Co., Smith Co. Gordonsville, Harstville, Dekalb Co., Upperman, Livingston, and now apparently White House....they probably even know why your school gets less or more money than the others in Sumner Co...........and I'm suprised they haven't said anything about a practice facility...or that Gordonsville would beat yall by 14 points.......

In short......Singray and Postman are Sumner Co. residents.......