White House and Smith Co. scrimmage

Mr. Postman1

What were the early thoughts about the White House/Smith Co. scrimmage tonight? I heard that Smith Co. won the scrimmage 14-10 through my good friend singray. He also went on to say after he saw the game tonight he was sure that Gordonsville would win by 14 possibly by 21 against the owls in game 2 of the 2007 season. He said White House was flat as a board. Any added thoughts?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC went to WH today. 2 quality proven programs got in some good work. SC competed well against the Blue Devils, who are definately no Gordonsville. Starters competed pretty evenly. SC's seconds got a touch. White House freshmen had scored 1 when I left. They were winding down. Gordonsville would probably pound both squads soundly. (tongue in cheek)

SC went to WH today. 2 quality proven programs got in some good work. SC competed well against the Blue Devils, who are definately no Gordonsville. Starters competed pretty evenly. SC's seconds got a touch. White House freshmen had scored 1 when I left. They were winding down. Gordonsville would probably pound both squads soundly. (tongue in cheek)

Alcoa had better be ready for WH. They have some great players. I just wish we were near that good. Maybe someday.

It's a shame, all the hatred toward Gordonsville.

Now you know how we feel. There's not near the animosity on this side of the interstate. You have to know

that's true. That's okay though.

Myself, there's no animosity from me.

I only ask questions as to why ya'll feel a certain way, like downplaying games and gate money.

When Gordonsville's season has been over in the past, I've went and supported SC.

Besides, most of the animosity towards ya'll is coming from Westmoreland, not G-ville.

I have good friends in Carthage. Played football and baseball with a lot of them.

Also got a cousin who coaches for SC.

No animosity here, but ya'll get smart about Gordonsville.

No one on here from Gordonsville said we could beat White House or 4 or 5A schools.

Check with the guy with the chewed up ankles driving the jeep with USPS on the side.

Can anyone give a TRUE RECAP of the scrimmage today???? No sarcasm please folks. How did the Owls look???? How did the Blue Devils look????

I thought WH was very flat today. I dont think anyone shined today for WH. Parker caught a TD pass , and i think recovered a fumble, but dropped a TD pass which wouldve been a tough catch if he had hauled it in. SC's 6 ft 4 or 6 ft 5 Qb played a nice game. He should have a good year. I think Wh will be ready Fri. aganst Hville. I imagine the coaching staff wasnt very pleased with the effort today, but it was a scrimmage and im sure they are more worried about working out the kinks in these scrimmages then a W or L. I hope Payne gets back soon . They need him.

I thought WH was very flat today. I dont think anyone shined today for WH. Parker caught a TD pass , and i think recovered a fumble, but dropped a TD pass which wouldve been a tough catch if he had hauled it in. SC's 6 ft 4 or 6 ft 5 Qb played a nice game. He should have a good year. I think Wh will be ready Fri. aganst Hville. I imagine the coaching staff wasnt very pleased with the effort today, but it was a scrimmage and im sure they are more worried about working out the kinks in these scrimmages then a W or L. I hope Payne gets back soon . They need him.

Which one??? DeMarqus or DeMarrius???? What happened????

You are correct about these scrimmages. The W-L record is not important. The most important thing is that teams find out their strengths and weaknesses and work to correct them for the better heading into the regular season. OMG, THAT IS JUST ONE WEEK AWAY!!!! For White House it is two weeks away seeing as how their jamboree is next week.