White House and Smith Co. scrimmage

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't talk football. Remember? We are slow. We are weak. We know nothing about the game in Smith County. Remember? I just wonder though. How is it we can beat the faster, stronger, more knowledgeable teams? We can even advance further in the playoffs. I guess it's just one of those unsolveable life mysteries.

This is so very true, but can someone please explain to me how we do do it I mean win? Cause everyone is bigger, faster, and stronger than us how does a team like this make it to the semi-finals and beat the unbeatable region champs at there own field in the quarterfinals of the playoffs? I am amazed at all of this gosh it is almost mind blowing considering SC people do not know a thing about the game of football!!!

Still once again I have never said anything about putting anyone on there back, oh well think what you want I am not on here to talk about who can plant who because that is irrelevant because we both know that it will never happen ( us getting together and doing that) but oh well lets talk about football. Not who can plant who. Big Country I don't think you need to worry about White House just yet, Cheatham Co. still has to play G-ville week 0 which will be a good game I think.

White House is in Region 4-3A. Cheatham Co. is in Region 5-3A. Those two do not play one another. I am just a Class 3A Fan in general as it relates to White House. Outside of that I HAVE NO TIES TO THE SCHOOL OR IT'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM WHATSOEVER!!!!

Next week's game will be very intense and I hope that we can just escape Gordonsville injury free. It should be a great test for the rough region slate that lies ahead. As for winning and losing I will be the first to say that IT IS ALWAYS A TEAM'S MAIN GOAL TO WIN!! Otherwise, nobody would keep score. With that in mind keep in mind that this game will also be a non-region affair which means that whether we win or you guys win in the end both teams main goals of getting to the postseason will still be very much in sight. THIS ONE GAME WILL NOT MAKE OR BREAK THE SEASON IN 2007!!!! It would though be nice to get things started on a positive note.

White House is in Region 4-3A. Cheatham Co. is in Region 5-3A. Those two do not play one another. I am just a Class 3A Fan in general as it relates to White House. Outside of that I HAVE NO TIES TO THE SCHOOL OR IT'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM WHATSOEVER!!!!

Next week's game will be very intense and I hope that we can just escape Gordonsville injury free. It should be a great test for the rough region slate that lies ahead. As for winning and losing I will be the first to say that IT IS ALWAYS A TEAM'S MAIN GOAL TO WIN!! Otherwise, nobody would keep score. With that in mind keep in mind that this game will also be a non-region affair which means that whether we win or you guys win in the end both teams main goals of getting to the postseason will still be very much in sight. THIS ONE GAME WILL NOT MAKE OR BREAK THE SEASON IN 2007!!!! It would though be nice to get things started on a positive note.

I am from SC not G-ville. I watched Cheatham last yr in the jamboree at clarksville high they had a few good players from what i could tell, but they did play springfield and they had athletes all over the place. Good luck to you guys this year and enjoy week 0 in the jungle because they have the IMO the best field around I always loved to play over there on that field.

I am from SC not G-ville. I watched Cheatham last yr in the jamboree at clarksville high they had a few good players from what i could tell, but they did play springfield and they had athletes all over the place. Good luck to you guys this year and enjoy week 0 in the jungle because they have the IMO the best field around I always loved to play over there on that field.

That's what I hear.

WH participates in a 7 on 7 passing league with Trousdale Co. the past few years, or at least since 2004 when they went 13-1. I dont believe they participated this year, although they most definately have the talent to. As far as the summer workouts go, they have a very nice facility over there in WH. I can guarantee you guys they put it to very good use. I know from experience that while the total number of mandatory workouts varies, it is between 20-25 WO a summer. A majority of those workouts are completed in June, then in July they have the same morning workout regime, followed by an evening team practice once a week. On the other days, they have position specific practices (i.e. Lineman practice pass blocking, recievers practice routes with quaterbacks, etc). So to say they have it 'easier' then some of the other schools is ignorant. Luckily for you, I am here to clear that up.

Now as far as this thread goes, which was, 'was', about the WH vs. SC scrimmage, I personally thought WH looked hot, slow, flat, tired, etc. and SC looked very good. WH had a couple of miscues with the Center-QB exchange. The defense looked like they were waiting for the ball to come to them. Offensively, I thought SC QB looked pretty good. He's a big kid, kinda reminds me of a slightly thinner white Byron Leftwich. He took off one tiime down the sideline and just KO'd some corner for WH. But as for WH, I thought they have so much potential that it is almost scary to think how good they can be. They just didnt show it the other day. The coaches will fix that. A standout player for WH without a question isnt a WR or their QBs, but big ol' 6'6" 320 Rodger Gaines. I think Gaines, suprisingly enough, will make alot bigger impact on offense then he will on defense. He has gotten so much quicker and stronger that he really has the potential to play in a D1 school. When they pull him around on those counter plays, I mean watch out buddy, cause someones gettin it. I have specificly watched him the last 2 scrimmages, both DL & SC, and I think I've counted over 15+ pancake blocks, with a majority of them coming on fast-moving linebackers. Another thing that impressed me was his pass-blocking... but I'm ramblin here anywho. Back to the scrimmage...

I think that the heat played a very big factor in this scrimmage for both teams. I noticed many players having to come out of the scrimmage for cramps and it had only been a couple series in. They played at about 5 and it was no lie around the 100 degree mark. I think given the circumstances, they both faired well... Oh, and watch out for Big Gaines this Fri.

Manny

WH participates in a 7 on 7 passing league with Trousdale Co. the past few years, or at least since 2004 when they went 13-1. I dont believe they participated this year, although they most definately have the talent to. As far as the summer workouts go, they have a very nice facility over there in WH. I can guarantee you guys they put it to very good use. I know from experience that while the total number of mandatory workouts varies, it is between 20-25 WO a summer. A majority of those workouts are completed in June, then in July they have the same morning workout regime, followed by an evening team practice once a week. On the other days, they have position specific practices (i.e. Lineman practice pass blocking, recievers practice routes with quaterbacks, etc). So to say they have it 'easier' then some of the other schools is ignorant. Luckily for you, I am here to clear that up.

Now as far as this thread goes, which was, 'was', about the WH vs. SC scrimmage, I personally thought WH looked hot, slow, flat, tired, etc. and SC looked very good. WH had a couple of miscues with the Center-QB exchange. The defense looked like they were waiting for the ball to come to them. Offensively, I thought SC QB looked pretty good. He's a big kid, kinda reminds me of a slightly thinner white Byron Leftwich. He took off one tiime down the sideline and just KO'd some corner for WH. But as for WH, I thought they have so much potential that it is almost scary to think how good they can be. They just didnt show it the other day. The coaches will fix that. A standout player for WH without a question isnt a WR or their QBs, but big ol' 6'6" 320 Rodger Gaines. I think Gaines, suprisingly enough, will make alot bigger impact on offense then he will on defense. He has gotten so much quicker and stronger that he really has the potential to play in a D1 school. When they pull him around on those counter plays, I mean watch out buddy, cause someones gettin it. I have specificly watched him the last 2 scrimmages, both DL & SC, and I think I've counted over 15+ pancake blocks, with a majority of them coming on fast-moving linebackers. Another thing that impressed me was his pass-blocking... but I'm ramblin here anywho. Back to the scrimmage...

I think that the heat played a very big factor in this scrimmage for both teams. I noticed many players having to come out of the scrimmage for cramps and it had only been a couple series in. They played at about 5 and it was no lie around the 100 degree mark. I think given the circumstances, they both faired well... Oh, and watch out for Big Gaines this Fri.

Manny

You don't get where WH is without working hard. There is no question they do that. You don't have to participate in passing leagues to get better. Next year will be very limited for everyone. What WH does will be the norm.

Gaines is a big agile lineman. WH has a few other very big kids. I thought both qb's looked very good. The rbs all were quick and allusive. #42 is going to be a special back for the next couple of years.

Let us know how the Hville scrimmage goes today. It's going to be hot in that one too. I guess we'll see if heat was a factor.