Maryville's Crazy training regimen!

theDL

Well friends, it's time to kick it off again and the DL's done much research for you. In this case, the DL's first story is about our dear friends, the Rebels. An inside source to the rebel program mentioned that the Rebel players are drilling with blindfolds over their masks, and going full contact I might add. The coaching staff specially ordered blindfolds that are made to cover their face masks in order for their players to improve their listening skills and get that 'nose for the ball.'

You heard it here folks and the DL has personally seen it. Thanks again to my source for keeping the DL up to date and expect to have a specific interview from Head Coach Quarles himself. Good luck to everyone this season.

The DL has the DL (and that's the DL my friends)!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well friends, it's time to kick it off again and the DL's done much research for you. In this case, the DL's first story is about our dear friends, the Rebels. An inside source to the rebel program mentioned that the Rebel players are drilling with blindfolds over their masks, and going full contact I might add. The coaching staff specially ordered blindfolds that are made to cover their face masks in order for their players to improve their listening skills and get that 'nose for the ball.'

You heard it here folks and the DL has personally seen it. Thanks again to my source for keeping the DL up to date and expect to have a specific interview from Head Coach Quarles himself. Good luck to everyone this season.

Funny thing is GQ could probably pull that stunt off in the games and still go 15-0.

Funny thing is GQ could probably pull that stunt off in the games and still go 15-0.

Perhaps my friend, however, there is some talk in Maryville that the Rebs are down this year. The general attitude is they expect to do well but not win it All. The DL was shocked to hear this, but that's the general feel of the town.

The DL has the DL (and that's down low my friends)

The reel reesun tha Rebs is goin' blindfolded is that thay want to teech the players to "smell the goal line."

Mairvul coaches has burried fatback and side meat under the goalline and thay want thair players to "smell the goal line." Seems Mairvul fans wuz dissapointed that tha Rebs, even though thay wuz undefeeted, didn't brake tha 600 point platoe fer tha seesun. And that's tha down low....fatback that iz.

Eye haveunt generally feeled tha town yet though.

The reel reesun tha Rebs is goin' blindfolded is that thay want to teech the players to "smell the goal line."

Mairvul coaches has burried fatback and side meat under the goalline and thay want thair players to "smell the goal line." Seems Mairvul fans wuz dissapointed that tha Rebs, even though thay wuz undefeeted, didn't brake tha 600 point platoe fer tha seesun. And that's tha down low....fatback that iz.

Agreed Stars. If the DL was not so busy feeling the town he might really know what is going on. Remember how everyone "felt" before the 2005 season? Just curious, how deep do they bury that fatback?

Could the Rebs wear the blindfolds for tonights scrimmage? Glad the scrimmage is on turf, hard to smell that fatback under a plastic rug. Trade you a couple of race tickets for 2 TDs.

Remarkabley, the word of the success and innovation has spread like wildfire. Coach Rankin at Alcoa is going with earplugs for all, to ensure the offense can go w/out a snap count, as well, the defense will be able to defend those teams that attempt to run their offense against Aloca aw/out said snap count. Coach Julian @ Halls is implementing a "no helmut" policy for all OL/DL to ensure that they play w/their heads up coming off the ball. Coach Helton @ Central is having all players parctice w/splints, and slings to ensure that they will be ready to play hurt. Coach Cummings is steadfast in continuing to have QBs play in a white jersey so that they will be ensured of a "no contact" postion throughout the season. Coach Woods @ Morristown West has purchased Bunson Burners to place under the backsides of all players, for more explosiveness, and to honor his brother "Sparkey." Coach Coatney @ Fulton has purchased sqaure toe shoes so that all players will be able to kick an extra point when called upon. Lastly, Coach Pemberton @ Catholic has hired Coach Graham of Austin East to implement a passing game.

Remarkabley, the word of the success and innovation has spread like wildfire. Coach Rankin at Alcoa is going with earplugs for all, to ensure the offense can go w/out a snap count, as well, the defense will be able to defend those teams that attempt to run their offense against Aloca aw/out said snap count. Coach Julian @ Halls is implementing a "no helmut" policy for all OL/DL to ensure that they play w/their heads up coming off the ball. Coach Helton @ Central is having all players parctice w/splints, and slings to ensure that they will be ready to play hurt. Coach Cummings is steadfast in continuing to have QBs play in a white jersey so that they will be ensured of a "no contact" postion throughout the season. Coach Woods @ Morristown West has purchased Bunson Burners to place under the backsides of all players, for more explosiveness, and to honor his brother "Sparkey." Coach Coatney @ Fulton has purchased sqaure toe shoes so that all players will be able to kick an extra point when called upon. Lastly, Coach Pemberton @ Catholic has hired Coach Graham of Austin East to implement a passing game.

ruse? good stuff. I remember when people used to laugh at us for drankin' a little buttermilk with cornbread crumbled up in it on Thursdee nite before the game.

ruse? good stuff. I remember when people used to laugh at us for drankin' a little buttermilk with cornbread crumbled up in it on Thursdee nite before the game.

Wow friends, it seems as if you take this news a joke. The fact is, these are the technique's that a standout time like Maryville uses to get a leg up on the competition. I haven't heard of the rebels doin this type of training before, but apparently its going on now. Some teams in California have begun this new training technique as well and have experienced good results.

The DL has the DL (and that's down low my friends)