Week 0: Franklin vs. Hillsboro

bulldogger07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for a lower score than most are predicting. Two tough defenses, first game jitters, turnovers, penalties ... might come down to a field goal. Boro has the home turf advantage but look for a huge crowd to travel to Green Hills for a litttle friday night shopping and smash mouth football!

Franklin did a pretty good job of shutting down MBA last friday in a scrimmage, Lot of pressure on Grahm Nichols tonight to take the reigns of this team ... lets hope the OLine can get him some relief.

Franklin 13

Hillsboro 10

I have to agree with DogDaddy. Unless something drastic happens today at Franklin, the Rebels will bring a highly talented, tenacious team to Hillsboro tonight...a Rebel team that some have picked as a top 5 5A team this year and several have picked to win the Region title again. Not sure if the over optimistic Burro supporters on here are speaking with their hearts because if they are using their heads, none of them would predict a big Hillsboro win. It'll be close and I think the Burro supporters are going to be very surprised at how tough Franklin really is. You don't compete at their level in what is arguably the toughest 5A region in the state without a lot of talent.

The Mall at Green Hills better be ready for their east parking garage to fill up since Hillsboro has the normal amount of Metro school parking for athletic events. Franklin will bring a large crowd.

as far as i know the game was not completed tonight the weather started getting bad so i left but i doubt that it was finished tonight i talked to one of the Franklin assistant principals and he said that the game would be completed tomorrow sometime if they couldnt finish tonight. did they try to come back out and play??

I have to agree with DogDaddy. Unless something drastic happens today at Franklin, the Rebels will bring a highly talented, tenacious team to Hillsboro tonight...a Rebel team that some have picked as a top 5 5A team this year and several have picked to win the Region title again. Not sure if the over optimistic Burro supporters on here are speaking with their hearts because if they are using their heads, none of them would predict a big Hillsboro win. It'll be close and I think the Burro supporters are going to be very surprised at how tough Franklin really is. You don't compete at their level in what is arguably the toughest 5A region in the state without a lot of talent.

The Mall at Green Hills better be ready for their east parking garage to fill up since Hillsboro has the normal amount of Metro school parking for athletic events. Franklin will bring a large crowd.

we understood franklin was a good team, but you obviously are not familiar with hillsboro football.. we win games regardless of whether it is a premier 5A team or not. in fact i would say the same to you, people dont realize how good hillsboro is and no one dominates like the burros without great talent.

the game's tempo was controlled by hillsboro, with franklin having to match the burros' scores.. with about 7:30 minutes left franklin tied hillsboro at 14. the refs then decided to pause the game until lightening subsided.. in fact it had been lightening for quite some time before franklin scored but the refs seemed to ignore that until the game was tied. the lightening did not let up and the game was called a tie. good game but its a shame that hillsboro did not get a chance to win the game as the players were livid with the fact that they have to settle for tie. franklin supporters have to be grateful that they escaped this with a tie, i jus hoped this helped change some opinions about the dominance of hillsboro football.

A tie? You can't end a high school football game in a tie. This isn't soccer! If it's true why not finish the game tomorrow? I hear the BA/Independence game was also called due to the weather. Does Independence have to take the loss down 21-7 at the half?

my thoughts exactly. hhs would love to finish the game but at this point it doesnt seem likely (and there was only 7:30 left in game). mba's game was called as well, not sure how the other games are being handled..

my thoughts exactly. hhs would love to finish the game but at this point it doesnt seem likely (and there was only 7:30 left in game). mba's game was called as well, not sure how the other games are being handled..

Can't end in a tie. Remember the team from Memphis that got on the bus after a tie with BGA in regulation - wound up a forfiet.

If the game isn't finished, TSSAA will rule "no contest" and it won't count for anything. That would be true even if the game weren't tied when interrupted. Remember Crockett County-Milan from a couple of years back.