Scores

VolunteerGeneral

Very unfortunate circumstances for both teams. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is considered a complete game. There was about 1:43 left in the 1st half when the lights failed. Ensworth was playing an excellent game at the time and as expected Emily Perkins is very tough to handle. I hope that the game can be rescheduled by both teams, however with 2 schedules to deal with at this time of year, I'm sure that it will be difficult, but if the coaches wish I'm sure there are some Saturday's open.

Does anyone know how this works? Will they start with 1:43 left on the clock in the 1st half or will they have to play a complete game? Or is this considered a recorded game?

Does not count unless they complete the first half. They do not have to have a kick off for the second half. The game could end at half time it circumstances warranted and it would count as a complete game. My understanding from circumstances similar to what happened to us in a lightning delay, is that they would have to play the entire game over again as if it never happened. We were in a district tourney game and were up 3 - 0 when the game was suspended before the first half with about 10 minutes left to go. If we had to wait until midnight to get the game in, then that is what I was going to do as I did not want to wait to come back the next day and start all over again especially when we had that kind of lead.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unfortunate circumstances for both teams. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is considered a complete game. There was about 1:43 left in the 1st half when the lights failed. Ensworth was playing an excellent game at the time and as expected Emily Perkins is very tough to handle. I hope that the game can be rescheduled by both teams, however with 2 schedules to deal with at this time of year, I'm sure that it will be difficult, but if the coaches wish I'm sure there are some Saturday's open.

Does anyone know how this works? Will they start with 1:43 left on the clock in the 1st half or will they have to play a complete game? Or is this considered a recorded game?

I do not know how it works, but believe they had a full 40 minutes, because the clock stopped but play continued for a couple of more minutes with time kept on the field. The rules are under the National Federation of State high Schools Associaton, and you need to be memeber to get info off their web-site. No big deal. I don't think they'll try to reschedule, personally . . . short season, not a conference game.

You are right EHSparent, they probably won't reschedule. Too bad because it was shaping up into a very good game.

It was very close to half, but it had not ended when the lights crashed for the final time, because the ball had just been played through to a Brentwood forward and she was moving to goal. Then again maybe the lights went out and the whistle blew to also end the half at the same time. I don't know. When I saw 1:43 on the clock it probably was stopped and the timekeeper juist missed the 2:00 mark at stopping it. I guess the refs are the only ones that know for sure.

Anyway, hope that it gets rescheduled and good luck to EHS the remainder of the season.

You are right EHSparent, they probably won't reschedule. Too bad because it was shaping up into a very good game.

It was very close to half, but it had not ended when the lights crashed for the final time, because the ball had just been played through to a Brentwood forward and she was moving to goal. Then again maybe the lights went out and the whistle blew to also end the half at the same time. I don't know. When I saw 1:43 on the clock it probably was stopped and the timekeeper juist missed the 2:00 mark at stopping it. I guess the refs are the only ones that know for sure.

Anyway, hope that it gets rescheduled and good luck to EHS the remainder of the season.

You are correct kickgrass, BHS was still moving down the field at the end . . . at least until I wrestled the plug out of the socket that one last time. Good luck to BHS. A really great team, i believe.

Onieda - 3

Alcoa - 5

physical match with good chances for more goals by both teams. an onieda girl was carried off in the 1st half with what I think may be a knee injury. we'll send our prayers she is ok, we had a bad injury in last years match that may have added to the tension with tonites game. good luck to the lady's up north the rest of the way. by the way, their facility is awesome, outside of no lights.

More West TN scores

South Side 1, Chester County 1

Goal: SS - Tempestt Warlick. Saves: SS - Karen Merriweather 26, Lakeshia Day 1. Record: SS 0-1-2.

TCA 2, Covington 1

Goals: T - Molly Diffee, Elizabeth Chairot. Saves: T - Rachel Vaughn 6. Record: T 3-2. Next: TCA hosts Lexington Monday. The time has not been determined.

Crockett County 7, Haywood 0

Goals: CC - Melanie Rogers, Sidney Sherrod, Stacie Rogers 2, Tasha Blankenship, Christina Aguirre. Assists: CC - Stacie Rogers 2, Angelia Barnes, Alesia Fisher. Saves: CC - Shawna Weed 3; H - Katie Hopper 37. Records: CC 4-1-1, H 0-5-1. Up Next: Crockett County plays at McNairy Central on Tuesday.

Madison 4, Fayette Academy 0

Goals: M - Alyse Flack 2, Maddie Doumitt, own goal. Assist: M - Anna Whitaker. Saves: M - Olivia Poteete 2, Megan Brasfield 2; FA - Megan Jones 17. Records: M 5-0. Up Next: Madison plays North Side at home on Tuesday.

USJ 2, Clarksville 1

Goals: U - Katie Hamilton 2; C - Sarah Weakley. Saves: U - Elizabeth Crowder 6; C - April Jules 8. Records: U 5-0; C 0-4-1. USJ plays today against Hume-Fogg at 3:30 p.m. at Two Rivers in Nashville.