Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... I was trying to give you a compliment, but I guess it didn't come across to you.

i took the compliment but it wasn't for me it was for the girls at seymour i was just saying seymour must get better to compete in the region because obviously whether boys or girls CAK and Catholic in soccer are one heck of an obstacle for a small community with only 2 soccer fields in the town but we try to get them ready the best we know how at the younger ages but it is still an uphill battle competing with the teams in knoxville

i took the compliment but it wasn't for me it was for the girls at seymour i was just saying seymour must get better to compete in the region because obviously whether boys or girls CAK and Catholic in soccer are one heck of an obstacle for a small community with only 2 soccer fields in the town but we try to get them ready the best we know how at the younger ages but it is still an uphill battle competing with the teams in knoxville

I think, though, that your girls have a really good chance this season. With what I have heard, Seymour seems to be playing really well, and Catholic is having a slightly rough time (although, they have been known to bounce back at the end of the year). I don't know if Catholic is still nursing some injuries, but that may be so.

If I had to make one suggestion, I would love to see Seymour play a little tougher of a regular season schedule (they do play Knox West, but I didn't see alot more than that). It is a coaches perogative, and I am sure they know what they are doing, I just like to play tough teams (that don't count) to get ready for the tough teams that do. And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to criticise Seymour, just making an observation.

I think, though, that your girls have a really good chance this season. With what I have heard, Seymour seems to be playing really well, and Catholic is having a slightly rough time (although, they have been known to bounce back at the end of the year). I don't know if Catholic is still nursing some injuries, but that may be so.

If I had to make one suggestion, I would love to see Seymour play a little tougher of a regular season schedule (they do play Knox West, but I didn't see alot more than that). It is a coaches perogative, and I am sure they know what they are doing, I just like to play tough teams (that don't count) to get ready for the tough teams that do. And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to criticise Seymour, just making an observation.

well the parents are begging for that to happen but the coach is still reluctant to do so but in their defense the schedule is leaps and bounds above what it was last year last year seymour only played 1 AAA opponent and this year they have 6 so it was a small step in the right direction but i do agree completely G

Catholic had all their players on the pitch for the first time this week. They are still very young but are making steady improvement. A few of their injured players are at less than 100% and will likely stay that way through the rest of the season. The Districts and Regionals could be interesting this year outside of CAK.

That makes 2 of the better coaches in the state that have had this happen this year.....is there something going on? Are the refs trying to make a point? I saw one of the red cards. The coach had walked away and sat down and the ref went after him while he is sitting on the bench.....it looked unwarranted!

Flash... most times it is not what the coach does, but what the coach says. From your description, if I had to guess, as the coach was sitting down, he might have had some comments that the ref might not have appreciated.