Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the High School JV and Varsity games this season have had alot of bad calls and no calls this year. It would be nice since EastTNRef knows so much about the high schools, and is obviously a Ref, that he could give some input to the people who pick these Refs. Our varsity game against South Doyle last week was absolutely the worst and yet most obvious Home cooking job in officiating soccer I have ever seen. That includes all games I played in high school, college, and coached!

I'm curious, since you were a player, and coach, how come you haven't taken a ref certification class to complete your knowledge base? It might be easier to understand the game from that point of view, rather than come across as someone so expert at the game, and ranting about poor officiating. You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? There is a great shortage of HS refs and until people step up, it isn't going to get easier. My kids play HS and I ref around their games. Its difficult to schedule. I also ref college and adult amateur. We are only human but we are out there serving for the good of the game. So the gauntlet has been laid down. Get certified.

I'm curious, since you were a player, and coach, how come you haven't taken a ref certification class to complete your knowledge base? It might be easier to understand the game from that point of view, rather than come across as someone so expert at the game, and ranting about poor officiating. You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? There is a great shortage of HS refs and until people step up, it isn't going to get easier. My kids play HS and I ref around their games. Its difficult to schedule. I also ref college and adult amateur. We are only human but we are out there serving for the good of the game. So the gauntlet has been laid down. Get certified.

Ahhh, but it is SOOOO much easier to complain!

I agree with you, repete. Get certified, go ref... it is a HECK of a lot harder than it looks.

I know this sounds trivial, but I wish that refs would quit refering to players by their name, "Good Play Rebecca" or throw in is back here Ann. Even if the refs are being fair it gives the impression that the other team is playing against the refs and the opposing team. they can refer to the players by their numbers. I think it would go a long way to appeasing both the players and their parents.

2 things:

(1) Looks like Oak Ridge is sure clicking right now!

(2) The officiating is NEVER as bad as posters on here claim. It sure it funny to read about it though.

Question to ALL:

Why is EVERYONE SO Excited about how their team is playing after 2-3 games, and it being so early in the year?

I'll recheck the schedule but I don't think the State tournament is September 4!

Enjoy the cupcakes you all are excited about wooping up on- Let's see who is clicking in late October!!

Question to ALL:Why is EVERYONE SO Excited about how their team is playing after 2-3 games, and it being so early in the year?I'll recheck the schedule but I don't think the State tournament is September 4!Enjoy the cupcakes you all are excited about wooping up on- Let's see who is clicking in late October!!

Question to ALL:Why is EVERYONE SO Excited about how their team is playing after 2-3 games, and it being so early in the year?I'll recheck the schedule but I don't think the State tournament is September 4!Enjoy the cupcakes you all are excited about wooping up on- Let's see who is clicking in late October!!

Well said.....last year at this time I knew who would win state, but this year I'm not going to tell.

well if you want my opinion the ref courses are not good enough anyone can ref and it does not matter if they are in shape to keep up with the game or not i know some of the game si get that are two man crews we don't do as good as we could if we have three but we try our best and yes some refs do play favorites and know some girls on teams but they are unprofessional if they call them by name

in short i think the way we become refs should be more than taking a test there should be a physical portion as well you have to be able to keep up with the game and some of my ref buddies are not able to do that which makes us look bad at times and also i think refs shoiuld be assessed 2 or 3 times a year by the assigner so they will know the caliber of the refs and also the assigner should look into making sure the same refs arent refing the same teams all year i have already had 5 games this year and 3 have been the same team

the gender barrier is a problem too some refs don't call girls as tightly as boys that is why i think we see more injuries in the girls games becasue of lack of control by officials but yes we need more refs but we should not lower standards to get them

well if you want my opinion the ref courses are not good enough anyone can ref and it does not matter if they are in shape to keep up with the game or not i know some of the game si get that are two man crews we don't do as good as we could if we have three but we try our best and yes some refs do play favorites and know some girls on teams but they are unprofessional if they call them by name

in short i think the way we become refs should be more than taking a test there should be a physical portion as well you have to be able to keep up with the game and some of my ref buddies are not able to do that which makes us look bad at times and also i think refs shoiuld be assessed 2 or 3 times a year by the assigner so they will know the caliber of the refs and also the assigner should look into making sure the same refs arent refing the same teams all year i have already had 5 games this year and 3 have been the same team

the gender barrier is a problem too some refs don't call girls as tightly as boys that is why i think we see more injuries in the girls games becasue of lack of control by officials but yes we need more refs but we should not lower standards to get them

Preach on, Amen or whatever. I had much rather see yellows during the first half to keep it in control (both ways) than to see a good game digress to a bar fight in the 75th. From what I've seen, a yellow on a good player usually causes them to start using their skills and they play better. As to the gender thing, I actually saw an official give a girl "This is your last warning #X" twice in the first half and once in the second before she finally went off with a yellow. I think some are afraid that they are gonna make'm cry or something.

Question to ALL:

Why is EVERYONE SO Excited about how their team is playing after 2-3 games, and it being so early in the year?

I'll recheck the schedule but I don't think the State tournament is September 4!

Enjoy the cupcakes you all are excited about wooping up on- Let's see who is clicking in late October!!

I agree with you cleansheet. Oak Ridge is clicking right now? Is it that they are clicking or padding stats? Three wins and 36 goals against teams that have a combined record of 2-10 I believe. I don't have records in front of me now so don't quote me on that. Some poster said on one of the boards here recently " scores like that help no one and prove nothing". If I coach that team not one starter sees the field much in the first half and none the second half. Even Anson Dorrance has a 9-0 mercey limit. Get the girls on the field that later in the season may have to play a vital role in your success because of some injuries to your key players. Oh, you may not get the big scores but long term it may be that Super Sub you played and coached now that wins it for you later.

2 things:

(1) Looks like Oak Ridge is sure clicking right now!

(2) The officiating is NEVER as bad as posters on here claim. It sure it funny to read about it though.

The officiating is never as bad as posters on here claim??? When the opposing coach apologizes to the other

teams coach and says "we didn't deserve this win" , there is something pretty wrong going on.

So, the lesson to be learned.. Soccer is not a fair game because referees are not perfect. How you deal with unfairness is a true testiment to your character.

I agree with you cleansheet. Oak Ridge is clicking right now? Is it that they are clicking or padding stats? Three wins and 36 goals against teams that have a combined record of 2-10 I believe. I don't have records in front of me now so don't quote me on that. Some poster said on one of the boards here recently " scores like that help no one and prove nothing". If I coach that team not one starter sees the field much in the first half and none the second half. Even Anson Dorrance has a 9-0 mercey limit. Get the girls on the field that later in the season may have to play a vital role in your success because of some injuries to your key players. Oh, you may not get the big scores but long term it may be that Super Sub you played and coached now that wins it for you later.

Mustcoach and others please see response to regal4 under the rankings week 2 topic.