South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

Butchie, you are 100% correct. Our downward skid didn't happen overnight and rebuilding won't happen overnight. But you have to start somewhere.

Devil117, I know almost all the players and parents on this years team. I have never heard any parent or player say Coach Wilson or any other coach on this team is too hard on them. I have no idea where you are getting your information. Coach Wilson is a good guy.

Why are we so bad? Maybe it's because we started practice a full week after every other team in the state due to coach's vacation. Our first time against any defense other than scout D was in the jamboree. We have no weight lifting program. None. We can announce we have one but results don't lie. Players are allowed to start the team mid season. There is absolutely no discipline. Players miss practice at will with no worry of discipline.

By and large this group of boys are great. They are all smart. None is a gifted athlete but they would do anything a coach asked of them.

South Fulton coasted for years by beating small schools with similar training programs. Times changed with the realignment. Today we have to play with big boys. To Greenfield and Gleason's credit, they accepted the challenge. They quit whining and went to work in the weight room.

Watching this debacle has been extremely tough as a parent and alumni. South Fulton is in a situation it should not be in. It's time for all adults involved to be accountable.

Seems Like A New And Complete Overhaul is In Order From Coaching On Down. Good Luck to SF. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the coaching staff wont fix everything but it will be a start, becuase it cant get any worse right now. In the past we relied on true athletes to be what we were and just look back at our last winning season in 2003. Athletes in Michael Alford, Minor, Maynard, Brasure, and many others. And yes i will agree that that year (at the time was) Region 8 was down a bit with the exception of West Carroll being on top with Depriest and company. But in the first round of the playoff against Fayette Academy SF give them all they wanted for three qrts and was leading at one time 18-8 until getting just wore out and giving up 34 points in the second half. And the Fayette team that year went on to the Semi Finals where they lost to DCA by i believe it was 3 points.

Before then SF consistently made the playoffs and the teams were meaner and took it more serious than in the past few year because numbers have went down and the coaches wanted to keep what they had on the team and not enforce any discipline because they knew we didnt have any depth.

Just to enforce some discipline and show the team today that they are there to work and win football games and not to just be a name on the roster and to where the jersey. The numbers are coming up slowly and the junior high teams have been doing really well each year because of hard work and being disciplined and wanting to be there to win. And right now becuase the upperclassmen dont show the leadership the team needs the younger ones will be the same way.

I hope the best for SF and hope something changes for the best in the program where it a coaching change or not.

Butchie, you are 100% correct. Our downward skid didn't happen overnight and rebuilding won't happen overnight. But you have to start somewhere.

Devil117, I know almost all the players and parents on this years team. I have never heard any parent or player say Coach Wilson or any other coach on this team is too hard on them. I have no idea where you are getting your information. Coach Wilson is a good guy.

Why are we so bad? Maybe it's because we started practice a full week after every other team in the state due to coach's vacation. Our first time against any defense other than scout D was in the jamboree. We have no weight lifting program. None. We can announce we have one but results don't lie. Players are allowed to start the team mid season. There is absolutely no discipline. Players miss practice at will with no worry of discipline.

By and large this group of boys are great. They are all smart. None is a gifted athlete but they would do anything a coach asked of them.

South Fulton coasted for years by beating small schools with similar training programs. Times changed with the realignment. Today we have to play with big boys. To Greenfield and Gleason's credit, they accepted the challenge. They quit whining and went to work in the weight room.

Watching this debacle has been extremely tough as a parent and alumni. South Fulton is in a situation it should not be in. It's time for all adults involved to be accountable.

Coach Wilson is a great guy and a great coach. I believe in his coaching 110%, but I hear people talk about him all the time. Especially when he first came here everyone thought he was to "big time" because he came from powerhouse Westview. Alot of these people are older people and some people that don't have players on the team which I don't know why they are talking because they know nothing of him. I was referring to the town as a whole and not just the parents of the players. I cant really explain what someone said to me the other day to were it would make sense. When I asked them if they had ever talked to coach wilson they said no. <<<< How do you make assumptions about a person you have never spoke a word to in your life. If I'm not mistaken he won Teacher of the Year a few years back. Not only is he a good coach he is a good teacher. Coach Wilson is a good man, coach, and teacher. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Another point you made is that there is no weight lifting program, and I will have to agree with you. If I am correct the players just go up to the school in the summer and lift on there own? If there isn't enough drive out of the players to stop the losing then there won't be enough out of them to come lift on there own. It is good to see Greenfield and Gleason coming back, but it is about time SF shines again. I wasn't able to make the game due to work, but I heard it got ugly quick? I heard the offense played decent at times but the defense was crummy. I saw in the a newspaper article that some players stepped up at practice and tried to set the players straight? That is a good sign right?

Football Is A Year Round Sport. And Until The Philosophy In SF Changes Things Will Only Look Gloom. Greenfield Has Some Good Athlete's And I Have Seen Em. but You can tell thier off Season Work-outs Are Slim To None. South Fulton I Haven't Seen, But I'm Sure The Athlete's Are There As Well. But Without The Conditioning it takes To Play All Out For 4 Quarters even Great Athlete's get Overshined by Gasping Players. Being From Mckenzie And Knowing About And Seeing South Fulton In its Hay-Day. I Take No Pleasure In Knowing Of Ya'lls Demise And Delima. Maybe Something Will turn Around And The time Is Now, This Year. Lord if Ya'll Wait til next Season And Miss out On The Summer Work-outs it Will be The Same For Years to Come. I have heard ya'll Have Some youngsters Coming up That Are Doing Great. Who's Coaching Them And What is He Doing That This Coach is Not? And Will he Lend A Hand Or Even Take Over? Maybe That is Ya'lls Solution? But If These Kids Come Into this Program With A Lack of Luster Attitude What A Shame That'll be. Anyway Good Luck With This Delima. but I Do Know talking On Here Aint The Place For It. If The AD is A Good Man he Can Change It. But It May be Political. And What A Mess that Would be. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I understand the team looked better against Lake Co. friday night,hit harder,played harder,and coach Wood even got a flag thrown on him for having a talk with an official,still a loss, but maybe it will be something to build on.Got to find positive things.

After the first half they looked like a totally new team. The offense was clicking, Hunter Harris was throwing the ball beautifully, line was blocking, defense was playing OUTSTANDING. They had a chance to bring the game within 2 points within the last 4 mins. of the game but LC ran a kickoff back. I guess this team is just fed up with losing. If they would have played the whole game like they did the last 2 quarters then they would have won that ballgame. Lake Co. isn't the best team in the region, but they sure aren't a bad team. I was so happy to see the kids doing what we all know that can do. You have to give it up for ole' Coach Wood getting that flag on the kickoff. There was one man to beat and he obviously got blocked in the back with a "No Call" and Coach Wood let them have it. Coach Wilson did a Fantastic job calling plays and Coach Seratt must have made some adjustments at halftime, because that defense played tremendous. Good Job Players and Coaches. GO BIG RED!!

I would like to see South Fulton turn things around...they used to be a team that could get after it...I remember them putting us out in the first round of the playoffs in I think 01 or so...

They Are A Far Cry From Where They Used To Be. Man They Were tough. They're Attitude Was To Hurt You First And Then Beat Ya., Now It's, Well, You Know, Different. But As In Life Things Change good Luck To SF.