South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes to Coach Wood. He has been an asset to SF for many years. He has done a lot of things for the school that many people don't know about. He spent a lot of time at the school even on the off season.

What should we do about a new coach? I think we need new blood in the leadership of our team. I would like to see a young hard charging coach hired that has no ties to this area. I have heard it said that even though most schools in the state have two a day practices in the summer, it won't work at SF because the players would quit. If the boys don't have any more dedication than that, let them quit! I think we need a coach that doesn't know what can't be done at South Fulton. The new coach would make it clear, in no uncertain terms, that football is a team sport and when you commit to play on the team, you have an obligation to do whatever it takes to excel. If you would rather go on a vacation than play in a football game then don't play ball! I do think that our boys are made of stronger stuff than they have shown the last couple of years but they need to be encouraged by the coach.

I know for a fact that they do have a weight program at SF. I saw the paperwork for it and it was good on paper. I think that the some of the boys didn't fulfill their obligations to the team to attend the sessions. There should have been consequences for not doing the work.

If by insisting that the boys work hard and honor their commitment to the team we lose a lot of players, so be it. If we don't end up with enough players to play then we won't play. Maybe the boys that do want to play could go to Central.

OK, Fire away!

Hey Good luck To Your Former Coach Wood. And Your Doing Him Justice In Recognizing What he Has Done For South Fulton. But His time Has Past. And Your Post Is 100% Correct. Discipline Before Anything. Here's Hoping You Get Exactly What You Want. You Absolutely Right In Your Summation. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Get A Good One Because We Miss The Old South Fulton Bunch.

I do believe they did go to the 3rd round of hte playoffs and lost to USJ. If someone can comment on this?

There is a problem at South Fulton. They are talking about overhauling the whole coaching staff. They are all teachers though. There are no teaching positions open for a new coach to come in. South Fulton won't get rid of 2-3 teachers so we can get more coaches. I believe the coaching staff will be the same minus Coach Wood.

If there is no new blood there wil not be much improvement. The entire paradigm of South Fulton Football has to change. We need a leader that demands excellence from his players and his assistants. There has to be leadership AND accountability. But probabably one off the biggest things is a realization by us , the fans, that it can't all be done in a single season.

devilbooster....You are right,it won't take one season to change things around....It took awhile for it to get this bad and it will take some time for it to get better....I tend to agree with you about bringing in new blood but this being such a small school,I doubt you get an overhaul of the entire staff...Then again you may not need one...You get a good,energetic coach with a strong vision for the future of the program and the assistant coaches left may be rejuvenated also....You know you guys could still go 1-9 next year but if you were just competitive in the games that could be considered improvement because SF wasn't even that in the 9 games they lost this season....

You seem close to the program,have you heard any names mentioned??...Who would you like to see get the nod??

I do believe they did go to the 3rd round of hte playoffs and lost to USJ. If someone can comment on this?

There is a problem at South Fulton. They are talking about overhauling the whole coaching staff. They are all teachers though. There are no teaching positions open for a new coach to come in. South Fulton won't get rid of 2-3 teachers so we can get more coaches. I believe the coaching staff will be the same minus Coach Wood.

They did advance to the third round of the playoffs in 1997...That was the year they had Dee Brown,Steven Wright,Bryan Doty and that bunch....

I stand corrected, as far as 1997 goes. My bad.

As far as McFarland goes, who knows? But, I would kind of think that if they are considering candidates from within the system, that Wilson might have an edge, because has more experience at the high school level, plus he has experience working in some other successful programs.