KEV-O

Is the marching band a sport?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Is the marching band a sport?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a good deal of knowledge regarding DCI I can see how that may be considered "sport" by some. DCI is the absolute pinnacle of band/color guard competition. If this were a basketball conversation we'd be talking about the NBA. That's how good some of these guys are at what they and how hard they work. Even then, there are large contracts and honestly, people pay good money to compete. I have respect for that much. I'll never be able to consider band ( at least anything below DCI) a sport but that's just my two( hopefully final) cents on the matter

This thread can and probably will go on until the day after the end of time. People are never going to agree on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a good deal of knowledge regarding DCI I can see how that may be considered "sport" by some. DCI is the absolute pinnacle of band/color guard competition. If this were a basketball conversation we'd be talking about the NBA. That's how good some of these guys are at what they and how hard they work. Even then, there are large contracts and honestly, people pay good money to compete. I have respect for that much. I'll never be able to consider band ( at least anything below DCI) a sport but that's just my two( hopefully final) cents on the matter

This thread can and probably will go on until the day after the end of time. People are never going to agree on this.

OK, I know how to settle this. An MTV reality show where band members go through football practice with the team and then the football team goes through band practice with the band members. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

OK, I know how to settle this. An MTV reality show where band members go through football practice with the team and then the football team goes through band practice with the band members. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

In all honesty, I think you may have a good idea on your hands.

Im not here to fight tonight but i thought about it an i think the band is entertainers or artiest more then athletes. come on guys meet me half way on this one. I offer a friendly hand shake.

You have a say in everything about band you geek. Go get a life band stinks drumline is where it's at

You have a say in everything about band you geek. Go get a life band stinks drumline is where it's at

HAHAHAHA calm down man im on your side. you say i have a "say in everything" well you must not have read "everything" cuz if you did you would see that i am not in the band never was an never will be. an you will see that i DO NOT THINK BAND IS A SPORT!!!!!!!!!