Gatlinbrug-Pittman at Sequoyah who wins?

USCfootball

Gatlinburg-Pittman played a slack first game blowing Tellico Plains out 55-13, I havent heard anythin but the score on the Sequoyah vs Sweetwater game but i believe it was closer then what most thought it would be. GP or Sequoyah who wins!?

One great thing about football is that each team can only put eleven players on the field at a time. Thanks to our new coaches, we have players on each side of the ball who will match up well with almost any team. I'm expecting another close game with Sequoyah coming out on top.

SEQUOYAH by 4!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Sequoyah can win this game. After seeing them play friday night, I am sure that they will play hard the whole game and not give up. So, GP had better come ready to play for 4 quarters. If GP has a good quarterback and recievers that are taller than 5'4" it will be hard for us to win. Someone made the the statement that the coverage was good versus Sweetwater, and I agree, but you can't coach height. Our corners and safties just weren't tall enough to stop those recievers, but they were in position. Also, I worry if GP is able to stop Bowers or if he gets banged up. Who is our next option?

Also, for GP fans, do you remember an Ashley Ogle that played there in the early nineties? I think he was a pretty good tight end. He may have graduated in 92 or 93. I just hadn't talked to him in a while, I thought he was living in Knoxville.

You guys played a very good game. Sweetwater didn't show up, It's that simple. It happens all the time in football, thats why we play the games. On top of that ,Sweetwater showed you nothing, they didn't open up the offense, it wasn't necessary and teams from the region were there scouting. They could've just threw the ball up over and over and it wouldn't have been able to be stopped, remember the few times we did throw it up? #11 McKnight is also the leader on Def at linebacker and didn't play. You guys played a good game, but don't let it go to your head, or GP will give you a huge dose of reality!

jcflash, it doesn't work that way, I laugh at people all the time that think that way, throw all that stuff out the door. lol

I wish Seq all the luck in the world, and I hope they prove me wrong but the old horse is closer than you think GP 41 Seq 13

Great Post. Very insightful. The Cats had little to motivation after the 1st half. With their roster numbers and region schedule, there was no reason to extend themselves in the second half. GP does not have the same type region schedule. They have great coaching and tradition. The tradition includes hard-nose football without showing any mercy. Big Crowd and a Big Gate will make it an exciting night in Madisionville.

I hope Sequoyah can win this game. After seeing them play friday night, I am sure that they will play hard the whole game and not give up. So, GP had better come ready to play for 4 quarters. If GP has a good quarterback and recievers that are taller than 5'4" it will be hard for us to win.

You can be assured Coach Hammonds will have his players focused on this weeks game. They will be coming in a business like fashion. This bunch of seniors were the real foundation of last years 10-0 regular season for GP. As far as the QB situation for GP, the jury is still out. So far Taylor Ogle has very little passing experience. He threw 6 passes last year and two were intercepted. Last week against a outmanned Tellico team he threw 2 passes(I Think) and completed one for one yard. He missed a wide open WR on the first play of the game that would have went for a obvious TD had he put better touch on the ball (which was thrown out of bounds on what was supposed to be a fade type pass). Like I said earlier, he is a unknown factor at this point of his career.

It is good to hear that you folks feel like you have a coach that will breed confidence for your team and school. Football has an amazing effect on not only the team but the student body and faculty in general when you are able to be competitive. My wish is that both teams play well and stay healthy in an injury free game. Regards

ATNVOL: Good comments, but I believe the seniors last year would take exception to that. They had a little to do with being 10-0 regular season. And the QB looked like he did a fairly decent job executing the game plan that the coaches laid out. They didn't pass much, but how could they when they scored about every time they touched the ball. From the people I talk to, they think the entire offense will be really good this year. You seem to have a good handle on at least some of the stats though. What do you think about the season's prospects and players?

Heard and saw some things on sequoyah this week, they definately have a much better coaching staff i can tell that by how hard they play and how they play with confidence. so im not gonna be fast too say GP blows them out, sweetwater returned a lot this year and got man-handled that second half. GP better come to play and if they do they will take care of business. This is the week we find out how Taylor Ogle is going to do at qb. If sequoyah stops Dyer and Pittser.

It appears we have a Brent Hubbs Jr. in ATNVOL. I admire people that spend their entire life memorizing stats. I'll be sure and get in contact with him when i need any unofficial stats on GP's team. As far as the game is concerned, it will be an interesting game to watch. Sequoyah is a team on the rise that I hear is getting better and better with the new coach that they have on board. GP, I believe, is loaded with a nice blend of expierenced and young talent, however, they are virtually playing their first game because Tellico Plains was equivalent to a talented 6th grade middle school team. My concerns with Gatlinburg Pittman are their receivers. They all have exceptional speed, but their hands have been suspect. I still believe that tight end for GP hands are made of stone. I will say this though, if that kid does catch the football, chalk it up for 6 because the kid can jet. Unfortunately, it really doesnt matter if you run a 4.3 if you cant catch the pigskin. However, i do believe potential is there to give GP a balanced offensive attack but Hammonds has to give his receivers an opportunity to improve. The QB is going to be good. He, like the receivers, needs to be given the chance just like his receivers. I agree with you ATNVOL fan on the comment about the QB be unproven though. He doesnt have too much expierence, just potential. But Tee Martin didnt have much expierence in 1998 either, just potential, and I believe he has a national championship ring on his finger. Now theres a stat for ya VOL FAN.

Peace

Heard and saw some things on sequoyah this week, they definately have a much better coaching staff i can tell that by how hard they play and how they play with confidence. so im not gonna be fast too say GP blows them out, sweetwater returned a lot this year and got man-handled that second half. GP better come to play and if they do they will take care of business. This is the week we find out how Taylor Ogle is going to do at qb. If sequoyah stops Dyer and Pittser.

With the new defense i heard sequoyah has they shouldn't have any problem stopping this Dyer and Pittser kid you know of. The chiefs have heart and will be their to play this week.