Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? You guys are crazy.

Temple will win every single game they play for the rest of the season and will also win a state championship.

However, after the athletic department's budget is depleted by the TSSAA for the violations (which might end up going to pay for the TSSAA court costs) there will be no money for buying state rings for a state championship earned "the right way."

Great movie.

I agree OP. I hope the TSSAA sees it that way too. I think a year or two post-season ban plus fines should be sufficient punishment.

I think the severity depends on the final results of the investigation. A two year post season ban is basically no punishment at all and would only be used if very little was proved. It will take Temple football longer than 2 years to get back to speed but it might hurt their BB. IMO, If the penalities are too light then there will be a bad message sent to other schools both private and public. If a majority of the violations are proved the hammer will fall. The TSSAA has to do it or they send the wrong message. I hate it for the kids at Temple but this ruling can possibly have an effect, good or bad, across the state.

I think an oath would be usless. If someone will cheat telling a lie wouldn't bother them either.

I agree.

The point I was making was that OLD PIRATE challenged Friendship to take an oath. Did he ask Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, Shelbyville, Hillsboro, almost any public school in Memphis, etc. to do the same? No, he didn't. I suspect that was because they are public schools.

Just a theory.

I agree.

The point I was making was that OLD PIRATE challenged Friendship to take an oath. Did he ask Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, Shelbyville, Hillsboro, almost any public school in Memphis, etc. to do the same? No, he didn't. I suspect that was because they are public schools.

Just a theory.

I understood your point and agree with it too. It ain't just private schools

Zonepirate- what have you heard is going to come out this week or next? You said they were looking back at recruiting several years, do your sources say they are finding things? Do your sources say that basketball and football will both be hit with post season bans?

Things got pretty quiet after the investigation got rolling so not sure what the findings will be nor the punishment. They were looking at some things a couple of years back but I don't know what, if anything they found or could prove. The process seems to be coming to a conclusion fairly quickly so the findings should be made public soon.

I think Football is looking at the biggest hit. It's hard to tell how much leniency, if any, they will be given because some of this was due to ignorance. IMO, there is a good chance both programs will be hit hard.

There is also a possibility that some things may have come out that cause attention to focus on other schools.