Henry Co. and Dickson Co.

realredpride

DC is very fast this year, especially on defense. However, they are small on both lines. Someone said earlier that HC would be faster than DC but I don't see that. If HC is faster it won't be by much. This should be a pretty close game with both teams scoring in the teens, maybe lower 20's.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC is very fast this year, especially on defense. However, they are small on both lines. Someone said earlier that HC would be faster than DC but I don't see that. If HC is faster it won't be by much. This should be a pretty close game with both teams scoring in the teens, maybe lower 20's.

Welcome couga! Your post is probably the most accurate. I believe we will be pretty evenly matched on speed, but HC does have some size this year too. It should be a great game of football!

RedPride - please don't take this as a blasting, but have a sip and relax a little! There was certainly some humor earlier today from a non-HC fan that prophet capitalized on. It ended pretty quickly. And I can't think of a single time that I have been on drunk and posting! Let's have some fun and make this a great week for all fans - both DC and HC! Now, if you would please help me understand your comment, "However, contrary to what some say, I don't think this game shows us what we are made of."

Who's idea was it to play for an empty wooden keg anyway?? Tourist from all over the globe flock to the Volunteer State daily to sip from the Historic recipe of corn mash in a dry county! Winner please, fill the barrel!! I suspect we will be slamming back stadium cups full of it at the Liberty pregame tailgate party next week!! What do you think Drewcephus?? GO BIG RED!

I think I am all for that and tapping the barrel! Should be a fun tailgate with Liberty then!!! We'll have to save a cup for ole RedPride...

Welcome couga! Your post is probably the most accurate. I believe we will be pretty evenly matched on speed, but HC does have some size this year too. It should be a great game of football!

RedPride - please don't take this as a blasting, but have a sip and relax a little! There was certainly some humor earlier today from a non-HC fan that prophet capitalized on. It ended pretty quickly. And I can't think of a single time that I have been on drunk and posting! Let's have some fun and make this a great week for all fans - both DC and HC! Now, if you would please help me understand your comment, "However, contrary to what some say, I don't think this game shows us what we are made of."

No one likes a good party more than I. However, I think we got way off track today. Perhaps I have lost some of my sense of humor because I take my football so seriously. When we start talking about who does what to his sister, I think we are off track. Earlier on, and I can't remember who said it nor do I criticize, someone said that this game would show what HC was really capable of doing. I just don't think that happens in the second game of the season. At this point last year, I would have never thought that we would have made it to the semi-finals. In fact, after DC, everyone was criticizing our coaches and, thus, the urinal coaching staff began. I do think the DC team is more of a gauge than the NW team; however, we have a long way to go and a long way to grow. For those who know who I am, I have a great sense of humor, and I love to have a good time. Yet, I take my Patriot football very seriously. Yanker, I wish you were a Patriot. Everyone needs a fan as loyal as you are.

No one likes a good party more than I. However, I think we got way off track today. Perhaps I have lost some of my sense of humor because I take my football so seriously. When we start talking about who does what to his sister, I think we are off track. Earlier on, and I can't remember who said it nor do I criticize, someone said that this game would show what HC was really capable of doing. I just don't think that happens in the second game of the season. At this point last year, I would have never thought that we would have made it to the semi-finals. In fact, after DC, everyone was criticizing our coaches and, thus, the urinal coaching staff began. I do think the DC team is more of a gauge than the NW team; however, we have a long way to go and a long way to grow. For those who know who I am, I have a great sense of humor, and I love to have a good time. Yet, I take my Patriot football very seriously. Yanker, I wish you were a Patriot. Everyone needs a fan as loyal as you are.

Well said, Redpride. Someone will lose this game but it won't be the end of the world for either team. Four weeks from now both teams should be alot better than they are now.Like most Patriot fans I love to play and beat DC-- They along with JCM have been our longest and most hated rivals but a loss this week would not be the disaster aloss to JCM would be.My prediction: HC28 DC 14

Well said, Redpride. Someone will lose this game but it won't be the end of the world for either team. Four weeks from now both teams should be alot better than they are now.Like most Patriot fans I love to play and beat DC-- They along with JCM have been our longest and most hated rivals but a loss this week would not be the disaster aloss to JCM would be.My prediction: HC28 DC 14

Good Luck Patriots!!!!! HC over DC! I am predicting game will be close, low scoring. HC 14-7

This may not be the place to post this but I know some people are wondering about Calvin. I came across this on the TSU website.

On the freshman class - "When you sign freshmen, you really don't know what you have until they get into camp," said Webster. "We have been very pleased with the progress of these players and pleased with the quality our evaluations of them as players." Webster singled out several players as those making a difference in camp, they are;

Calvin McNairl (quarterback), Sherman Carter (offensive line), Ronnie Powell (wide receiver), Sidney Tarver (linebacker), Rennie St.Feur (linebacker), Jonathan Moore (wide receiver) and Rico Council (linebacker).

Forgot about the urinal coaching staff!! But your right we had a bunch of them after the Dickson county game last year! Well every team in TN has a few urinal coaches sitting in the stands I just listen and laugh at them because its easy to sit in the stands and say what you'd do never having to put your money where your mouth is!!! Sometimes even winnig just doesn't shut them up, so what can you do?

Guest Advisor

Bring on the Cougars!!

HC rolls Friday night with 2 huge TD receptions by Jones and Haley! We may even film a "Real Men of Genius" commercial following the Big Red victory as we toast from the beautiful multi-colored keg!

Yanker.........care to join us??

The YANKER takes that as a compliment, my friend! Loyal...the YANKER is...a Patriot...the YANKER is not!! Everyone needs a fan like the YANKER, but I will ALWAYS be a COUGAR!!! It is a long shot for us to win our game with Southside, but the YANKER will hope for just that! We have our problems, but I always look on the positive side, where the Cougars are concerned! Good luck to HC on your big rival game. My prediction will arrive soon! I AM THE LOYAL YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Cougars!!

HC rolls Friday night with 2 huge TD receptions by Jones and Haley! We may even film a "Real Men of Genius" commercial following the Big Red victory as we toast from the beautiful multi-colored keg!

Yanker.........care to join us??

The YANKER would love to join you, and I appreciate the invitation, but I will be cheering on my Cougars. Good luck...I hope both of our teams prevail!!! I AM THE HOPEFUL YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post RedPride. There is no doubt we got off topic, but it sure did turn over my gigglebox yesterday! I couldn't quit laughing!

Now I understand your comment. And that is exactly how it is and how I feel too. This game will show us what we are made of only at this point in the season. Our coaching staff is way too talented to let this be the be all, end all game of the year. Man, I forgot all about the urinal staff! Wonder what they are up to these days. And don't worry, you do have a good sense of humor. I will continue to try and bring it out on here occasionally. But believe me, we are one and the same regarding the seriousness of the Big Red come Friday night. I'll be all business starting about 3:00PM tomorrow...