Henry Co. and Dickson Co.

realredpride

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last week a list of 20 schools were listed on the state's "targeted list". Of those 20, 17 were Memphis City Schools. Now I'm going to cover this ONE MORE TIME! The TSSAA has already ruled that "If a student transfers from a targeted school to one that is not on the list....Then the transfer is considered one for "academic reasons" and if all other requirements as far as eligibility are met then the transfer is "not for athletic reasons." Have I made this clear? I appreciate the fact that you let me know that you are not one of the RED ONES. It is for that reson only that I tried to bring you up to speed on this rule. I have explained it several times to the aforementioned group, but they resist a rule that the entire state operates under.

That is interesting, I do hate to even mention this and allow it to keep going, but I read nothing about targeted schools from you or anyone else last year,

the commetns last year was that some players transferred to Munford to better their chance to get a scholarship.

I think the targeted issue is for the 2007 season and was not the issue last year, now I may be wrong wtnoff but I do not recall ever hearing such language last year. Are you saying that this is why the Madison student transferred to Munford and then once he saw that the education was not any better (after football season) he went back to Melrose.

It is all fishy business and I actually spend no time outside of my ramblings on coacht thinking about it but, theses targeted schools, were there any last season?

How good is Dickson Co. I don't know much if anything about them. What have they done is the past? Yanker what kind of injury does Hardin have and how long will he be out. Has anyone else heard that Hardin Co. Sam Shutt injured his ankle and will be out for a few weeks.

I haven't seen them, but the word is, at least on here, that they are faster than normal. They return many starters, so I would expect them to be very good. They were last year. I read on the Hardin County thread that he was out with an ankle injury, but that's all I know.

Now, for the moment all the fans are anxiously awaiting...the ONLY predictions that matter...the predictions of the YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! HC 26-DC 17.........JCM 13-SS 12!!!!!!!!! I must admit that the YANKER does not have a great feeling about our game with Southside...but I cannot, and will not, pick another Jackson team, to beat my beloved Cougars!!!!! I AM THE LOYAL YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you for real, we were terrible last week, I wish that I had your optimism, but it was embaressing for me last week. SS will probably beat us worse than Haywood. I am and will remain a fan of JCM but that is becasue of the kids, I know that they tried their hardest but something has got to change. Yanker rather than sounding like an idiot and predicting something that is not possible, I will just not predict. You call yourself the all knowing Yanker and by your predictions last week it is obvious that you have not a clue and it is going to be even more evident this Friday.

Are you for real, we were terrible last week, I wish that I had your optimism, but it was embaressing for me last week. SS will probably beat us worse than Haywood. I am and will remain a fan of JCM but that is becasue of the kids, I know that they tried their hardest but something has got to change. Yanker rather than sounding like an idiot and predicting something that is not possible, I will just not predict. You call yourself the all knowing Yanker and by your predictions last week it is obvious that you have not a clue and it is going to be even more evident this Friday.

The YANKER has more than a clue, "Oh Greened Pessimist"...I think Southside is probably better than we are at this point, but does the best team always win? What good does it do the "kids" at JCM, that say you care about, to speak so negatively? The YANKER's reputation is solid...people on here know why I will pick JCM...I will NEVER pick another Jackson team to beat my beloved Cougars...PERIOD!!! Do not predict, if you worry about your reputation...but your negative feelings about our program, does not help the situation...at least that the feeling of the YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, for the moment all the fans are anxiously awaiting...the ONLY predictions that matter...the predictions of the YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! HC 26-DC 17.........JCM 13-SS 12!!!!!!!!! I must admit that the YANKER does not have a great feeling about our game with Southside...but I cannot, and will not, pick another Jackson team, to beat my beloved Cougars!!!!! I AM THE LOYAL YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yank, were you at the Haywood game. I really wondered how you would return to the board after all the trash you talked even as far back as spring. JCM IS PITIFUL. JCM is loaded with athletes , plenty of talent (athletes)j however very little know how, leadership, discipline & organization. Yanker, I saw the game, the offensive cordinator was practically drawing plays in the sky. Is the slant route to the inside left receiiver the only route he knows or is it the only one he can carve in the sky. they ran it like 6-7 times straight with no success. The scores you guys got were late when the game was already decided. You probably should'nt go to any of the remaining region games, they will be ugly. JCM has no offense, Defense is fair just because of the athletes. I hope they get it together, they seem like some good kids. You are the lost credibility Yanker.

Yank, were you at the Haywood game. I really wondered how you would return to the board after all the trash you talked even as far back as spring. JCM IS PITIFUL. JCM is loaded with athletes , plenty of talent (athletes)j however very little know how, leadership, discipline & organization. Yanker, I saw the game, the offensive cordinator was practically drawing plays in the sky. Is the slant route to the inside left receiiver the only route he knows or is it the only one he can carve in the sky. they ran it like 6-7 times straight with no success. The scores you guys got were late when the game was already decided. You probably should'nt go to any of the remaining region games, they will be ugly. JCM has no offense, Defense is fair just because of the athletes. I hope they get it together, they seem like some good kids. You are the lost credibility Yanker.

He has not lost his credibility with the HC fans, well, except maybe the prophet, but they have never seen eye-to-eye any way. That's why I said everyone should have a fan as loyal as he is. Although I am Red Pride (yes, one of those evil Red Ones) through and through, I respect his loyalty. Besides, I like his prediction for us. This is not the thread to bash JCM; it is the HC vs DC thread. Unless you are or have been a coach, I personally don't think you have the knowledge to get on here and tell the ones who do it for a living how to do their jobs. I doubt if they come and tell you how to do yours.

Guest Advisor

If the Yanker were a baseball star.......he would be a Hall of Famer on the first ballot! Tis true that the Patriots should prevail by a score similar to the Yanker's prediction thus leaving him with a .500 batting average for the week!! (higher than Hall of Famer Ted Williams) The Yanker indeed knows his HC Patriot football history. He knows that 34's father use to have HUGE games against the Cougars from old District 10AAA and the tradition will continue Friday evening in Paris! He will run through the DC Cougars like the Koolaid man runs through a wall..............wait...............did I say Koolaid?? Yum Yum......that Patriot Koolaid will be mighty tasty coming out of the ol' victory barrell!! He is the Hall of Fame and Patriot football historian Yanker!!

He has not lost his credibility with the HC fans, well, except maybe the prophet, but they have never seen eye-to-eye any way. That's why I said everyone should have a fan as loyal as he is. Although I am Red Pride (yes, one of those evil Red Ones) through and through, I respect his loyalty. Besides, I like his prediction for us. This is not the thread to bash JCM; it is the HC vs DC thread. Unless you are or have been a coach, I personally don't think you have the knowledge to get on here and tell the ones who do it for a living how to do their jobs. I doubt if they come and tell you how to do yours.

the Yanker made a prediction on this board so I responded to it oh pollice chief of boards.

Hello "myadvice" well here is some for you. You dont know what the ---- your talking about. I do play football and the reason my name is that is because i have been kicked off many times for laugauge. So dont open your mouth when you dont know everything. If you play football please tell ur #

I hope you are not too proud of being 'kicked off' due to language. But I do have a question since you are a player (by the way, most of us on here are just die hard fans from HC), does DC have any notable receivers? Haven't heard much about their passing game and was wondering.

How good is Dickson Co. I don't know much if anything about them. What have they done is the past? Yanker what kind of injury does Hardin have and how long will he be out. Has anyone else heard that Hardin Co. Sam Shutt injured his ankle and will be out for a few weeks.

cougarmike, DC is typically an old school power team. You will see things like the wishbone and power I from them. Last year, they loved to run the option. On D, they are always one of the most physical teams we play. This battle is a long standing rivalry in its 30th year playing for what we call "The Barrel." Its an old wooden keg painted up in HC's red and white and DC's blue and orange. The winner of the game keeps the barrel in their possession until next year's meeting. Here in Henry County, "DC Week" has always been very special and full of excitement. This year will be no exception to great games of the past, it should be a real doozy!!! Go Big Red!!!