Waverly Central vs. Harpeth

papatiger

Come on, I gave you props in my post saying you all had a pretty good little team but just not a playoff team. Good luck the rest of the year.

No, you never said anything close to us having a "pretty good little team." If you re-read your posts, you will be confused and disoriented, but you will also not see those words.

All you have done is flip-flop about whether Waverly is a playoff team. If it's when you are replying to a Harpeth compliment, then they are not, but at other times, they are. Can't have it both ways, if you feel they are, then stop tearing people down and give the Harpeth TEAM credit for beating the Tigers and logoff, not just that Roark and Horking is "a really good connection there."

High school football stats are about as valid as most of your opinions. College recruiting staffs take them for what they are, inconsistent and innacurate. Very rarely is a player judged on what is in the Tennessean.

Block in the backs missed both ways, holding calls missed both ways, yada yada yada. I'll give you those 7 points back;

FINAL SCORE HARPETH 16 - WAVERLY 0

Happy now, I'll call it in to the Tennessean.

My opinion is that Waverly in their current state won't sniff the playoffs, I'd have to see them with that other team you continue to talk about before I can say any different.

Harpeth showed me some good things Friday night. Much better discipline and focus. Yes there were some drive killing penalties, there were a lot of bad block-reads in the running game. Passing game has tremendous potential.

As the season progresses, those penalties should shrink in number. On a positive note, no unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

If this team remains fairly injury free and continues to put in the extra time after practice that they have been, I can see the Indians squeezing into that last playoff spot. The running game will improve with the continued work of the line in practice.

Indians, your hard work and dedication in practice is already showing. Keep it up. Bust your humps in practice and the games are the easy part.

You have given the community a little pep in their step. Good job.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe with another Waverly fan speaking up, I can put this to an end. Yes, Waverly would have had a better showing if we had not had people injured. It would have been a better game to watch as well. Would we have won if we would have had those 13 players playing, I don't know. Maybe. Fifty percent chance either way. You win, or you lose. Harpeth did well. Their passing game ran on our young secondary. If we would have had Chase, Tyler, and Scot, sure it would have probably helped, but no one really knows. Can we please just put this to rest. Harpeth, good luck--and to the Tigers, Get Well.

NWTF. We know each other too well. The same conversations go on in basketball! Papatiger is a homer. We all are to a degree, but the Harpeth folks were talking about this thread in the stands during the game. The built in excuses and little respect that Harpeth would get from papatiger.

The facts are that Harpeth fans have been craving a good start and some thought we were seeing the improvement against Station Camp, Montgomery Central and Northeast that would lead to a good showing against Waverly. Wins and losses are somewhat secondary. Playoffs in the new format are a crap shoot. One thing you have to do is win your games. Harpeth is 1-0 and Waverly is 0-2, yet Harpeth has no chance of making the playoffs and Wavo is a shoo in? Come on! There were at least 50-60 guys over on Wavo's sideline with pads on. Harpeth dressed out 32 I believe. We might have scored 3 touchdowns against air and shut out a JV team, but papatiger predicted a Wavo victory before the game. You can't have it both ways.

Add return yardage into the equation and Harpeth had well over 300 yards. Not too shabby. The Indians need to stay humble and work on their mistakes and get better. Good luck Indians and Tigers on the rest of your seasons.

Congratulations to these young Indians for taking an important "first step" Friday night. With the win comes confidence, excitement, and hope...........something much needed in South Cheatham for quite some time. Their first opening season win in five years I believe and the win is a terrific boost for these guys. Harpeth took their lumps the past two seasons amidst the powerful Nashville private school teams. Thank God that's over! Hope they finish well this season and continue to show improvement week to week. There is a renewed excitement surrounding this year's team and it is very refreshing! Good luck at Loretto next week Indians!

Well, unfortunately we won't get our 13 back, some are lost for the year. But if we get some of the others back, we still should be a play off team. I don't see us beating Camden or Huntingdon, but I think Stewart Co. Houston Co. Adamsville and Riverside are all possible wins that if they take those would put them 4-2 in the region and third place.

Lewis will beat them, Hickman, Richland and maybe Fairview. Three losses though will keep you out of the playoffs.

If Harpeth goes 6-4 and three of the losses are in the region (the fourth possible loss coming non-region to Sycamore) to Lewis, Hickman, & somebody else then they are still in all likelihood going to be a playoff team.

I HAVE GOT TO BELIEVE SINCE THEY ARE BASING IT ON OVERALL RECORD THAT IF HARPETH GOES 6-4 AND FINISHES 4TH IN THE REGION THEY STILL GO TO THE PLAYOFFS AS A "WILD CARD" BECAUSE THERE AREN'T MANY 6-4 #4 SEEDS IN THE STATE IN 2A.

I do not believe Harpeth loses to Richland this season and I am not so sure that they can't compete with Fairview. The Indians are a very much improved team. I just wish that I could have seen them play Cheatham Co. this year but Coach Loope obviously had this "new playoff format" in mind when he replaced Cheatham with Waverly Central.

Harpeth will be 2-0 (1-0) after next week when they beat Loretto. BOOK IT!!!! Take it 1 GAME AT A TIME INDIANS!!!!

NWTF. We know each other too well. The same conversations go on in basketball! Papatiger is a homer. We all are to a degree, but the Harpeth folks were talking about this thread in the stands during the game. The built in excuses and little respect that Harpeth would get from papatiger.

The facts are that Harpeth fans have been craving a good start and some thought we were seeing the improvement against Station Camp, Montgomery Central and Northeast that would lead to a good showing against Waverly. Wins and losses are somewhat secondary. Playoffs in the new format are a crap shoot. One thing you have to do is win your games. Harpeth is 1-0 and Waverly is 0-2, yet Harpeth has no chance of making the playoffs and Wavo is a shoo in? Come on! There were at least 50-60 guys over on Wavo's sideline with pads on. Harpeth dressed out 32 I believe. We might have scored 3 touchdowns against air and shut out a JV team, but papatiger predicted a Wavo victory before the game. You can't have it both ways.

Add return yardage into the equation and Harpeth had well over 300 yards. Not too shabby. The Indians need to stay humble and work on their mistakes and get better. Good luck Indians and Tigers on the rest of your seasons.

No more a homer than you guys. Every person believes in his team and his coaches. Harpeth has a decent team. Waverly doesn't at this moment. And the 13 guys hurt is NOT my number. that came straight from Coach Graves mouth. You had pretty good success throwing the ball but why not, against a second team secondary.

Face it guys, I ruffle your feathers because I tell you reality. You want to live in reality but you think that high school is like college that there are 5 star recruits waiting to play when someone gets hurt. That's not true. You think that I'm dissing on the Harpeth guys, I'm not. I've said nothing, NOTHING negative about those kids. They played hard and did their best. I only said that with Waverly at full speed, this game is TOTALLY different. You know it and don't want to admit it. But it doesn't matter, it's over. I'm glad I'm the topic in the stands. At least you are reading what I have to say just like what I read what you say. I have my opinion, you have yours. We all have the freedom to say it. Realize that life is too short to argue about our differences. Being different is what makes this life fun. I don't mind your opinions, why should you mind mine???

Congratulations on your win and wish you a great season and hopefully you won't have to deal with injuries like we have. I hope you have no injuries. Good luck Harpeth players! You should beat LOretto.

PS- If any of you can help me with getting a picture to the Hayes kid. My wife and I take pictures and write the articles for the Tigers in the local newspaper and she got a great shot of the Hayes kid carrying the ball on one of his great runs. Let me know and I'll print it for him and send it to him.

I can get that photo to Raymond Hayes. Is it digital or 35mm? Either way. Let me know. He usually rides home from practice with me.

Likewise, check on maxdigitalphotos.com for some shots from the Harpeth/Waverly game. I think there's about 230 shots from this game.

Good luck against Stewart County.

It's digital. Thanks for the information about the pictures. Good luck to you guys against Loretto. I think you will be fine.

No more a homer than you guys. Every person believes in his team and his coaches. Harpeth has a decent team. Waverly doesn't at this moment. And the 13 guys hurt is NOT my number. that came straight from Coach Graves mouth. You had pretty good success throwing the ball but why not, against a second team secondary.

Face it guys, I ruffle your feathers because I tell you reality. You want to live in reality but you think that high school is like college that there are 5 star recruits waiting to play when someone gets hurt. That's not true. You think that I'm dissing on the Harpeth guys, I'm not. I've said nothing, NOTHING negative about those kids. They played hard and did their best. I only said that with Waverly at full speed, this game is TOTALLY different. You know it and don't want to admit it. But it doesn't matter, it's over. I'm glad I'm the topic in the stands. At least you are reading what I have to say just like what I read what you say. I have my opinion, you have yours. We all have the freedom to say it. Realize that life is too short to argue about our differences. Being different is what makes this life fun. I don't mind your opinions, why should you mind mine???

Congratulations on your win and wish you a great season and hopefully you won't have to deal with injuries like we have. I hope you have no injuries. Good luck Harpeth players! You should beat LOretto.

PS- If any of you can help me with getting a picture to the Hayes kid. My wife and I take pictures and write the articles for the Tigers in the local newspaper and she got a great shot of the Hayes kid carrying the ball on one of his great runs. Let me know and I'll print it for him and send it to him.

hey papatiger how did yall get 13 hurt was their an accident or somethin......because i think yall had 2 out when we started our game and 2 had to come out close to tha begining of tha game due to prior injuries so during most of our game yall had four out right???

hey papatiger how did yall get 13 hurt was their an accident or somethin......because i think yall had 2 out when we started our game and 2 had to come out close to tha begining of tha game due to prior injuries so during most of our game yall had four out right???

When we played you all there were three out to begin the game, two hurt during the game.

We lost one during the week before Harpeth, and 7 more in the game.

It's an epidemic that I wish would stop.

I think 3 or 4 of them may play Friday though.

We're down to a freshman at qb now though and going into the season he was 4th string.