Ooltewah @ McMinn County

ImaOWL

A couple of people said,ooltewah won't win state,well,they may not,but..if ravenwood can get there a year ago,even little ole ooltewah can...,.because smyrna went down and little river hasn't been blowing away other schools,either,so giving the right circumstances they can win state..but,if you are going to beat up on the owls,you better do it this year,because they are young and very,very talented!!!!,oh by the way ,I'm not knocking ravenwood.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah better focus on a Region Championship for the time being because after what I saw last night a State Championship is a wishful thinking>>>>>>They have a good team but inexperienced @ the QB position and a bit thin in the "O" line......Benny seemed frustrated with his QB and the mistakes that his offense was making....

Ooltewah will have to play better against WB inorder to win. Ooltewah did have 394 total yards to McMinn's 189. That was lopsided but McMinn did what they had to do to stay close. Brady was also 16 for 20 with 227 yards passing. Not bad for a young sophmore QB in region play but he will have to minimize his mistakes. O-line looked horrible last night in my opinion. To much pressure on the QB all night. McMinn did what they had to keep the game close. Kudos to them. A win is a win and the Owls have 2 weeks to prepare for Billy Blount. Better work hard guys.

Ooltewah better focus on a Region Championship for the time being because after what I saw last night a State Championship is a wishful thinking>>>>>>They have a good team but inexperienced @ the QB position and a bit thin in the "O" line......Benny seemed frustrated with his QB and the mistakes that his offense was making....

there s not anything wrong with qb he ll get better i bet none of you could do what he s doing at the age of 15!!! he s human and he messed up once that i saw but thats part of it. the problems to me seemed to be at the defensive end and linebacker spots.

Interesting game; saw it on TV last night.

It appeared that Ooltewah dominated the line of scrimmage offensively, and had it not been for a few mistakes by the QB, this game would not have been this close. I agree with the previous posters who see the young team as one for the future. I don't believe they will win state this year, but one never knows.

Defensively, their were some lapses and I would agree that it typically occurred with the linebacking corp. They still contained the McMinn QB fairly well, and I don't think it was an awful performance.

McMinn is not equal to the teams on the northern half of this region--William Blount, Farragut and Oak Ridge, but they are definitely improved and are probably going to be a team to reckon with for years to come. I bet they will surprise one or two teams before it is over.

It looks like 2-5A will represent the eastern half of TN again this year, and the fact that McMinn has improved so much only makes the region tougher.

170+ yards for Marshall, and Reed throwing for another 227, most of which looked pretty good. I believe this team will only get better. Should be an interesting and competitive region.

Ya, helping hand from McMinn refs... I listened to the Blount/DB game on the radio. DB had the ball on the 1 yard line going in and ran the ball next play. A flag appeared and the call was clipping on the offense. Now how do you clip on the 1 yard line running the ball?

The fake punt was illegal. Watched it on CSS and the center held the ball under his butt for a second before anyone touched the ball. You can't do that.

Ya, helping hand from McMinn refs... I listened to the Blount/DB game on the radio. DB had the ball on the 1 yard line going in and ran the ball next play. A flag appeared and the call was clipping on the offense. Now how do you clip on the 1 yard line running the ball?

The fake punt was illegal. Watched it on CSS and the center held the ball under his butt for a second before anyone touched the ball. You can't do that.

ImaOWL,

You're comeback at WB and officiating would be alot more effective if you based it on facts. The call against DB, which was also quite obvious on playback, was not a "clip" ... it was a block in the back. Not sure what radio station you were listening to, but when the ref bends down and kind of chops behind this knees ... that indicates a clip. When he holds his wrist and "pushes" his hand out in a forward position ... that is a block in the back. Good try though !!!

ImaOWL,You're comeback at WB and officiating would be alot more effective if you based it on facts. The call against DB, which was also quite obvious on playback, was not a "clip" ... it was a block in the back. Not sure what radio station you were listening to, but when the ref bends down and kind of chops behind this knees ... that indicates a clip. When he holds his wrist and "pushes" his hand out in a forward position ... that is a block in the back. Good try though !!!

Hahaha.. I was listening to it on the internet feed that CoachT put up. I'm guessing it was a DB radio station because they were commenting about it. I'm just relaying what I heard. Sorry, I wasn't there... I'm just tired of all the talk about the officiating. Games aren't won or loss because of officials. Should be a good game next week. I really don't want to talk about officiating though.

And another thing the play ended up on the 1 yard line, it didnt start on the 1 yard line. You still hangin with Banks, man i bet hes cool to hang with, hahaha.

Banks?

ImaOWL,

You're comeback at WB and officiating would be alot more effective if you based it on facts. The call against DB, which was also quite obvious on playback, was not a "clip" ... it was a block in the back. Not sure what radio station you were listening to, but when the ref bends down and kind of chops behind this knees ... that indicates a clip. When he holds his wrist and "pushes" his hand out in a forward position ... that is a block in the back. Good try though !!!

Govman,

Your comeback at ImaOWL would be a lot more effective if Ooltewah Hadn't gotten gypped in 05 the same way you did in 06.

And before you make another vexatious comment, I believe that William Blount will beat the Owls two weeks from now unless something drastic happens.