Ooltewah @ McMinn County

ImaOWL

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If,he shows up,it will be marshall, smith and Long(kicker),all 3 are or will be top d1 picks this year and 2 years from now.

It comes from a good source that he will be in Athens tonight.....who knows it might be Cutcliff instead of Fulmer but there is going to be someone from UT here tonight. I wonder if they might be looking @ #8 the QB for McMinn as he is a great athlete and could play anywhere on the field excluding the line.

I know that Ooltewah has plenty of D1 prospects so who knows......maybe they are coming to watch a good high school football game....NOT!!!!

Does Ooltewah not play Farragut in Knoxville?

GO TRIBE!!!!

While Ooltewah won the game and made the big plays when they had to, I believe McMinn showed Region 2 5A that they are for real. Marshall is an outstanding RB and will make alot of other teams look bad, the QB is young and made some inexpienced plays that just about cost the owls.

On the 4th down fake punt that McMinn ran and had called back because of a false start.....Plain and simple the side judge missed the call and unfortuantly played a role in the outcome of a great high school football game. In case you were not there McMinn did a short snap to the upback that was very close to the center and he busted through the middel of the Ooltewah line and ran 30 yds. before he was touched. The side judge called illegal procedure and said "it was not a clean exchange" as the rule indicates that it must be to be a legal play. Coach Cagel disputted the call as they practice this particular play everyday and the center and upback realize the snap must be that and not a hand off.

The bottom line is that the side judge was caught off guard because he saw something that appeared odd and threw his flag and negated a great play by McMinn. But hey that is just one play and if candies and nuts were exactly that then we would all have a merry Christmas.

Ooltewah has a fine team and made a few mistakes tonight but I also believe that McMinn is alot better then what alot of us gave them credit for. Good luck owls maybe we will play again sometime this year if everything goes according to plan for both teams.

GO TRIBE!!!!!

McMinn had a much better team than I expected. Good hard fault game. On the fake the center held the ball under his legs for a second before anyone took the snap. It wasn't a clean exchange but none of it matters now. Both teams played hard. Ooltewah still has a lot to work on. The o-line did not play well at all. Anybody know the stats on Marshall?

The owls got away w/ one!!!!!! McMINN are alot better than,I thought,the owls played like crap,if that QB for McMINN could throw the football better,we would've been beat.SMITH(36) for ooltewah played his @#%,off!!!,if he didnt play the way he did,McMINN's qb would have ate us alive! Our QB,showed he was very young,(and I dont care who gets on here and starts throwing stats around),he made some bad decisions,the one on the goaline was terrible(int),the rainbow(int)..,..the only one that wasn't his fault was the one that bounced off the reciever's hands,theO line didnt help either,WE WON!!!!,but it was ugly. Brian Marshall is a STUD at running back(no surprise there),and "DOC HOLLYWOOD"(#10) for ooltewah saved a potential TD,if he cuts back to the right in midfield,he's gone for 105,but, he probably was adjusting his sunglasses!!! Ooltewah is very young and talented and will win some games on talent alone,but the young ,inexperinced ,QB will have to grow up fast in a very tough region,you can tell he will be STUD,before he leaves,I just hope its sooner than later. On paper it says WIN,so that's all that matters.GO OWLS!!!!!

After watching two games this year, I am firmly convinced that the Owls will not win a State Title this year, nor go undefeated in the Regular season.

Jaquez Smith is far and away my favorite player, and will definitely play for an SEC school in 2010. Fast, huge, and mean. Perfect DE.

McMinn has an Athlete in Devon Johnson, and it's too bad he's really their only player on offense.

Brady Plays like a talented Sophomore would.

Brian Marshall officially only has four plays: Swing Pass, Shovel Pass, Shotgun Draw, and Outside Toss. Really, it's true. I really wish there was some more creativity with Marshall. And I really really hate giving the smallest player on the field the ball on fourth and one, no matter how fast or talented he is.

Ooltewah has an AWESOME WR unit, their best in at least the five years I've really paid attention to them. Gino has really really good hands, and all the Wide Receivers block well (and get pretty wide open at times).

Our secondary is better this year, and so far our rush defense is worse.

Oh, and I think we can still do much better than tonight, and a game vs. Central next week would have been very, very welcome before WB.

Between WB, Farragut, and Oak Ridge, one of those teams will kill us.

Ooltewah won a close game,McMINN was tougher than anybody thought,unless your McMINN. I saw it on t.v. and the owls looked sloppy ,smith was awesome,marshall was spectacular!!!!,norwood made some great plays!!QB was really bad at times,then really good at others.He needs to become more football savvy(mentally),there was some poor decision making,but,he is very young and will become a hot prospect in years to come..,.as a team,they need some work.WB will be tough!

The Owls have alot of depth. They really ought to use it more. Marshall is a great back but I wish we would start getting Polk some carries. You never know when you have to go to your number 2 running back. This Kid could give us a lift every third or fourth series. Marshall took more solid licks tonight than I have seen him take before, I just think we should share the load a little. We need Marshall to stay healthy. We didn't sub our d-line much at all tonight either, Smith and McReynolds played way too much, IMO, to be starting on both sides of the ball. I thought it showed defensively in the second half. We are going to be in trouble if either of them goes down. We need to be using our depth or we won't have any when we need it. Not many teams do well in this region playing guys both ways this much. Hey that fake punt kinda reminded me of Smryna last year, we don't seem to get those situations very well, maybe that one was a wake-up call. Thank goodness for the zebra. Good call by the way, it has to be a direct snap not a hand off from the center. Owls DB's are much improved, Delaney is a real difference maker. Keep playing them one game at a time boys. You better buckle it up when we travel to Billy Blount in two weeks the fun is really going to start up there.

The Owls have alot of depth. They really ought to use it more. Marshall is a great back but I wish we would start getting Polk some carries. You never know when you have to go to your number 2 running back. This Kid could give us a lift every third or fourth series. Marshall took more solid licks tonight than I have seen him take before, I just think we should share the load a little. We need Marshall to stay healthy. We didn't sub our d-line much at all tonight either, Smith and McReynolds played way too much, IMO, to be starting on both sides of the ball. I thought it showed defensively in the second half. We are going to be in trouble if either of them goes down. We need to be using our depth or we won't have any when we need it. Not many teams do well in this region playing guys both ways this much. Hey that fake punt kinda reminded me of Smryna last year, we don't seem to get those situations very well, maybe that one was a wake-up call. Thank goodness for the zebra. Good call by the way, it has to be a direct snap not a hand off from the center. Owls DB's are much improved, Delaney is a real difference maker. Keep playing them one game at a time boys. You better buckle it up when we travel to Billy Blount in two weeks the fun is really going to start up there.

Ooltewah has no depth on the defensive line,especially at defensive end or they would have used more subs,and if they did sub,it didnt work,I promise you,if mcminn could throw better the owls would be crying right now!!!..,and if ooltewah could limit mistakes,they could have beaten a very good team,even worse,but the defensive line got beat,alot of the night(smith played well)..ONE thing,I will say"ooltewah played hard,but,they didnt play smart"