Westview at JCS

So lets get down to business...this friday Westview travels down to JCS to give them their first real taste of 2A football and their first taste of the loaded Region 8-2A! So who does everyone pick?

I see Westview going in there playing their normal "smash mouth" football and coming out with a nice region win, without any problems!

Westview 35

JCS 7

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a tough game for JCS. Westview is big and physical! Can JCS handle 2A football? No one knows...we will find out Friday night. Westview will pound the ball on JCS. It will be interesting to see if JCS's front can stand up to the challenge. It will also be interesting to see if JCS's passing game can be effective vs. Westview's highly touted defense. Good luck to both teams, this should be the game of the week in Jackson.

JCS is the real deal and should be competitive with teams in 2a. Hudson looked great Friday night and I'm sure he and the rest of the team will be pumped up and ready to go. Should be a great game!

That's what USJ thought to.......

There is a big difference in 2A football and 1A football...Martin Westview is too big and too fast...I have always heard it said that you make your most improvement from game one to game two...Martin was pretty good in that second half Friday night...JCS struggled to beat one of their old 1A rivals Friday...They will play with Westview for maybe a half but that's it.....

That's what USJ thought to.......

There is a big difference in 2A football and 1A football...Martin Westview is too big and too fast...I have always heard it said that you make your most improvement from game one to game two...Martin was pretty good in that second half Friday night...JCS struggled to beat one of their old 1A rivals Friday...They will play with Westview for maybe a half but that's it.....

I think JCS will succeed in 2A better than what USJ did however Westview is a pretty powerful 2A team to go up against to kick off your 2A year...Westview wins this one big 35-7...

So lets get down to business...this friday Westview travels down to JCS to give them their first real taste of 2A football and their first taste of the loaded Region 8-2A! So who does everyone pick?

I see Westview going in there playing their normal "smash mouth" football and coming out with a nice region win, without any problems!

Westview 35

JCS 7

This could and WILL get ugly. Westview will be to much for JCS.

Warning thought to JCS fans, if Martin gets rolling they will leave their starters in until close to the end like the Union City Game. Martin even score a T D with 28 seconds left in the game and had Union City 42 - 7 at that time. Most teams would have taken a knee but I guess Martin Westview wants to get back at union City for all of those years the smash mouth football score we put on them. It was kinda like practice to us back then.

Good luck to both and play a injury free and clean game

I have a bit different outlook on things here. JCS will be bringing a new style and tempo to Westview this weekend, and I think it will make for an interesting matchup. JCS should be bringing a lot of speed, and I think that they will be able to score points, but the question is how physical can JCS be with the always physical Martin offense? That is the key to this game, just how well the defensive line play can match up with Westview.

I'll take Westview in this one also, but in a much closer score.

MWHS- 28

JCS- 21