Jackson County @ Smith County

imallin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

It's hard to get up for this game.......I hope the boys will be more excited than everybody else seems to be.

After a big win last week there may be a little let down....probably a good time to catch JC.

If they come to play.....everybody should get to play..................

Jackson Co. (1-1) at Smith Co. (2-0)

CARTHAGE -- Cody Rich has started off strong and should continue his torrid pace on Friday night against the Blue Devils. The senior rusher has 414 yards and seven rushing touchdowns through only two games and should get some good production, even if his playing time is limited.

The Blue Devils, still smarting from a loss last week against Clay County, still have a lot of learning to do, and they'll get thrown into the fire against the Owls.

However, Smith County is not unbeatable. The Owls have committed nine fumbles in two games -- losing five -- and if the Blue Devils can jump on any miscues, they have an opportunity to take the momentum away from the Owls.

Craig: SCHS 31, JCHS 14

Thomas: SCHS 35, JCHS 10

Ok folks. Please don't take me the wrong way with this post. I am aware that Smith County is very beatable and are not world beaters by any means, BUT, it is obvious that the whoever writes these capsules either doesn't like SC or they just don't think they are very good at all. This is not intended to be a slap in the face to JC and it's program by any means. But do these people REALLY think that JC will play SC closer than LA AND GORDONSVILLE??? I am not even going to ask how they are suppose to score 14 points when Gordonsville couldn't even do it?

Ok folks. Please don't take me the wrong way with this post. I am aware that Smith County is very beatable and are not world beaters by any means, BUT, it is obvious that the whoever writes these capsules either doesn't like SC or they just don't think they are very good at all. This is not intended to be a slap in the face to JC and it's program by any means. But do these people REALLY think that JC will play SC closer than LA AND GORDONSVILLE??? I am not even going to ask how they are suppose to score 14 points when Gordonsville couldn't even do it?

No disrespect to JC..But, the only way they score 14 is if Maynord decides to play the cheerleaders!!!

I wouldn't put alot of stock into what the Herald-Citizen sports writers say. Their feelings are hurt because of the whole "Team of Destiny" bit and how it some other teams' year writeup went wrong. SC isn't unbeatable but who does the good ole H-C propose is going to do it? I don't understand why the H-C would spin a negative on the Owls. I don't really care though. Blah bitty Blah....GO OWLS.

Yeah...there has been a very obvious bias against SC by the H-C for several years now. I think most of it comes from their coach (Upperman) going to SC for a better opportunity. They have never gotten over that. Go back and read the articles over the last 6 years or so. New writers...no difference. It used to make me mad. Now...I think it's hilarious.

"SC is not unbeatable" neither is anyone else...what garbage. That is typical for them.

I wouldn't put alot of stock into what the Herald-Citizen sports writers say. Their feelings are hurt because of the whole "Team of Destiny" bit and how it some other teams' year writeup went wrong. SC isn't unbeatable but who does the good ole H-C propose is going to do it? I don't understand why the H-C would spin a negative on the Owls. I don't really care though. Blah bitty Blah....GO OWLS.

Yall need to start subscribing to the H-C over there and then maybe you could feel the love!

Sorry guys I've been alittle busy lately with work!!! But I'm BACK!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Owls!!! I'll be there working the game and cheering you on!!!! And by the way? What happened to the world beaters in Westmoronland?????

Glover,

It's obvious that you are worried about

Westmoreland this year. No matter what the post is about, you can't say anything without mentioning WHS. Have you seen us play? If not, you have no room to talk. I have seen SC play and I am giving you respect where respect is due. I still say the Region Championship will be played in October in Carthage.

That article is a joke and the predictions are just plain stupid. I'm not saying we are world beaters but JC only beat first year varsity team Pickett Co. by two TD's. According to these genius writers, Gville and JC would be a barn burner! I wish I had a job where I (apparently) know nothing on a subject, give my opinion, and get paid for it. Gotta love America.