Lookout Valley @ South Pittsburg

jadguitar06

You don't actually think you're going to win do you? I mean, c'mon.

Why do I gotta straighten you guys out! 40+ pt victories. These are the people who havent seen us play this year. Yes, the pirates have speed. Yes they will score more than anyone else did. The Jacket defense has given up 11.33 points a game. My only concern is whether the offense can hang in against your defense. I seem to remember two years ago the pirate fans saying the same things on here, and I beleive we were winning at half time. Granted we didnt score any more pts that game .This team is gonna work hard to win this game, and Coach Webb is gonna have our boys prepared. It is gonna be closer than the experts think.And thats my two cents I assure you there will be no bowing down by either side. Its gonna be a hard fought battle

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the Temple fans seem to have become Jacket fans or Pirate fans this week.

dadoffour, You gonna be around after the game???

My only devotion is for Temple. I just want to see LV knock off the cocky Pirates who seem to forget from last year what happens when you overestimate yourselves.

I won't be at the game.

Well, dadoffour, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black nothing is. Let me see, cocky, ahead by 40 at Finley and onside kicking against Whitwell, oh, yeah and let's not forget HOW you got that good. don't get on this board starting that stuff. You guys clean up your act at Temple and represent what you're suppose to!!!!

My only devotion is for Temple. I just want to see LV knock off the cocky Pirates who seem to forget from last year what happens when you overestimate yourselves.

I won't be at the game.

I dont think these pirates are cocky at all. A few of us fans may be insufferable but you shouldt misdirect your irk for us toward the team. This years pirate3s impress me as being a focused, determined, goal oriented football team that has learned the importance of playing to there POTENTIAL every game. Baring another bushwhacking from a bought and paid for team they should roll through there region schedule easily. These pirates are very, very good, POTENTIALLY GREAT. Jujst sit back and enjoy the show.

Disclaimer: The above opinions are my own and are not endorsed by or reflective of any Tennessee school, public or private.

I dont think these pirates are cocky at all. A few of us fans may be insufferable but you shouldt misdirect your irk for us toward the team. This years pirate3s impress me as being a focused, determined, goal oriented football team that has learned the importance of playing to there POTENTIAL every game. Baring another bushwhacking from a bought and paid for team they should roll through there region schedule easily. These pirates are very, very good, POTENTIALLY GREAT. Jujst sit back and enjoy the show.

Disclaimer: The above opinions are my own and are not endorsed by or reflective of any Tennessee school, public or private.

I didn't mean that the players themselves were cocky. I don't know them, but I'm sure they're wonderful kids. My disrespect was intended only for some of the fans. I'm not sure which team that beat you last year was bought and paid for, but as far as the Temple game goes, Temple out-coached, out-executed, and out-hustled SP, and the only thing left for some of you fans to do was claim Temple cheated.

We, never said Temple cheated, the TSSAA did. Case closed!

I didn't mean that the players themselves were cocky. I don't know them, but I'm sure they're wonderful kids. My disrespect was intended only for some of the fans. I'm not sure which team that beat you last year was bought and paid for, but as far as the Temple game goes, Temple out-coached, out-executed, and out-hustled SP, and the only thing left for some of you fans to do was claim Temple cheated.

We, never said Temple cheated, the TSSAA did. Case closed!

I think I have proven that I am a fan of the Pirates and the Crusaders but I do need to chime in here and say that I think you have crossed a line of propriety. The TSSAA has yet to issue any formal charges against Temple. Though, I am sure they are on the way. Whatever charges those may be, I am confident it reflects the character of one or two and not the character of the overall athletic program and the rest of the coaches.

I, for one, have grown weary of the cheap jabs of ignorant people.

Ahead by 40 and onside kicking against Whitwell? When were we ahead by 40? We won 47-13. For your information, we on side kicked against most of the people we played last year. It probably helped the other team.

You want to know how they got so good? Most of the dozen senior starters played both sides of the ball since they were in eigth grade together, taking their licks when they were young and giving them when they were older. They worked hard together, on their own. How do you think they got so good?

Show some class "pirate4life."