WHO IS MARYVILLE REBEL'S HARDEST GAME THIS SEASON?

OLDINDIAN77

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hardest game Maryville plays is the next one that they play and this takes place every week. There are quite a few games that will test Maryville this year but they will play them one at a time. You don't win 98 out of 100 by looking down the road. On Monday they will start getting ready for Heritage and that is all that is on their mind as of today.

Rebel 9

I think William Blount will be Maryville's hardest test in the regular season. IMO WB will make at least the semifinals of 5A.

Agreed 100%. They may be better than Alcoa right now. The Tornadoes are good and will likely win 2A don't get me wrong but in 2005-2006 they were a much better team than what they are RIGHT NOW!!!!

Maryville's toughest test in the postseason will come when the play the quarterfinal winner between Hillsboro & Maplewood in the Class 4A Blue Cross Bowl.

This year, I think the toughest regular season game will be William Blount. WB would beat Alcoa this year.

In most years our toughest game is Central. I think that Central was the 2nd best 4A team several years that Maryville won state after knocking Central out of the playoffs. Had those games gone the other way, I think Central would have brought the gold ball back to East TN.

Powell had a 2 or 3 year run in the early 2000s, and everyone knows how tough Alcoa has been the past couple of years.

Assuming MHS makes it to state again this year, I think their toughest game of the season will be whoever comes out of the West.

That's a big assumption though, and I probably shouldn't even entertain this question. The other Rebel poster is correct in saying that the next game is the only one that matters and nothing is a given. As a fan, player or coach you have to go into each game with a gameplan and the expectation that if you execute that plan you'll be in a position to win. That is the perpetual attitude of a Rebel.

The hardest game Maryville plays is the next one that they play and this takes place every week. There are quite a few games that will test Maryville this year but they will play them one at a time. You don't win 98 out of 100 by looking down the road. On Monday they will start getting ready for Heritage and that is all that is on their mind as of today.

Rebel 9

you are 100% correct on this one if you ask GQ this question this would be his response

you are 100% correct on this one if you ask GQ this question this would be his response

Yeah, you guys are right. It'll be a tough challenge this Friday for the Rebels. You've got to play four quarters. All that really matters is what takes place on the field. You take 'em one at a time. That's why you play the game. A rolling stone gathers no moss. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins. Two things in life you never should attempt ... to climb a fence leaning toward you or to kiss a woman leaning away from you. At this level, there are no easy games.

it already has taken place it was their intra squad scrimmage during spring!!!!

LOL... That was pretty good!

The hardest game Maryville plays is the next one that they play and this takes place every week. There are quite a few games that will test Maryville this year but they will play them one at a time. You don't win 98 out of 100 by looking down the road. On Monday they will start getting ready for Heritage and that is all that is on their mind as of today.Rebel 9

Probably one of the more intelligent responses...

Yeah, you guys are right. It'll be a tough challenge this Friday for the Rebels. You've got to play four quarters. All that really matters is what takes place on the field. You take 'em one at a time. That's why you play the game. A rolling stone gathers no moss. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins. Two things in life you never should attempt ... to climb a fence leaning toward you or to kiss a woman leaning away from you. At this level, there are no easy games.

Probably one of the most unintelligent responses.........Huhhh?????