WHO IS MARYVILLE REBEL'S HARDEST GAME THIS SEASON?

OLDINDIAN77

Probably one of the most unintelligent responses.........Huhhh?????

I think it was meant to be over the top. He was making the point that GQ does not get caught up in looking ahead and if he was asked that question then he would answer back in cliches. At least I think that was his intention but one never knows till you walk a mile in a man's shoes.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things in life you never should attempt ... to climb a fence leaning toward you or to kiss a woman leaning away from you.

Gov-Man I've tried both of those thangs at least one'st.

Butt kissin' a woman leanin' away from you is harder if you have a big horseshoe dip in. What you have to do in these circumstances is find a good chewin' or dippin' woman.

Gov-Man I've tried both of those thangs at least one'st.

Butt kissin' a woman leanin' away from you is harder if you have a big horseshoe dip in. What you have to do in these circumstances is find a good chewin' or dippin' woman.

Rebelsman ... wasn't trying to confuse you ... just being facetious.

Stars ... I once met a girl at Eagleton Ballfield who like to dip Skoal. It was a turn-on at first, but it grew old real quick.

BTW ... it has been brought to my attention that I have perhaps been overusing the

In the future, I'll try not to use this symbol as often. Sorry

The hardest game Maryville plays is the next one that they play and this takes place every week. There are quite a few games that will test Maryville this year but they will play them one at a time. You don't win 98 out of 100 by looking down the road. On Monday they will start getting ready for Heritage and that is all that is on their mind as of today.

Rebel 9

Great post. Maryvile should never ever take Heritage lightly. I still remember 1999 too well. Maryville was 15-0 in 1998. Heritage was 1-9. At the start of 1999 Maryville whipped 2 good teams in Alcoa and Central. Heritage barely beat South Doyle and Campbell County. I thought the Heritage game was a gimmee. Heritage went to Maryville and kicked Maryville's butt 26-21 in a game not near as close as the score indicated. Maryvile had barely 200 yds of offense. Heritage rushed for 350yds that game. Those Heritage kids would rather beat Maryville than any other team on this planet.

Stars ... I once met a girl at Eagleton Ballfield who like to dip Skoal. It was a turn-on at first, but it grew old real quick.

Gov-Man those were the good ole days. I can't hardly understand what tha peeple in Eagleton village say ennymore....Ameego.

Down at Allywick we had a gurl who was a real plugger...A Bull Of The Woods plugger....Some days she would forgit her knife and I would let her use my Cub Scouts BSA knife to whittle her off a little piece from her plug....She come by hit honest though....Her mommy always packed a little B&G twist....I can still see that yeller cellofain paper in her purse to this day.

Gov-Man those were the good ole days. I can't hardly understand what tha peeple in Eagleton village say ennymore....Ameego.

Down at Allywick we had a gurl who was a real plugger...A Bull Of The Woods plugger....Some days she would forgit her knife and I would let her use my Cub Scouts BSA knife to whittle her off a little piece from her plug....She come by hit honest though....Her mommy always packed a little B&G twist....I can still see that yeller cellofain paper in her purse to this day.

Stars,

It makes me proud to know I married one of those "Allywick girls" ... although mine never chewed tobacco as far as I know. Well, I was really thinking I'd join my Maryville buddies up at "the Skeeter" for homecoming game this Friday (we Govs play "open date" this week). But I'm starting to reconsider and think about possibley going over to West Knoxville to watch Farragut and Bearden. Haven't decided yet. Hope you guys won't be offended either way.

Stars,

It makes me proud to know I married one of those "Allywick girls" ... although mine never chewed tobacco as far as I know. Well, I was really thinking I'd join my Maryville buddies up at "the Skeeter" for homecoming game this Friday (we Govs play "open date" this week). But I'm starting to reconsider and think about possibley going over to West Knoxville to watch Farragut and Bearden. Haven't decided yet. Hope you guys won't be offended either way.

Gov, I was thinking the samething...........Farragut and Bearden or Catholic and Webb????? No love lost in either of those games.

Does Maryville ever consider scheduling some good 5A schools? I can't really argue with GQ's system, he has built a empire down there. I know he plays Heritage and WB, but do you think there has been serious consideration in playing a top ranked 5A school? I know Maryville regularly scrimmages good 5A programs and has success, but Friday nights are different. With the slight decline in 4A in the area, I would think that to get good competition you might look outside 4A. I can see the nothing to gain side of the argument since all that really matters is winning the 4A state title, but I would think it would be great, and go a long way toward making the statement that Maryville truly is the best football school in the state of Tennessee. Don't flame me, it's an honest question.

Great post. Maryvile should never ever take Heritage lightly. I still remember 1999 too well. Maryville was 15-0 in 1998. Heritage was 1-9. At the start of 1999 Maryville whipped 2 good teams in Alcoa and Central. Heritage barely beat South Doyle and Campbell County. I thought the Heritage game was a gimmee. Heritage went to Maryville and kicked Maryville's butt 26-21 in a game not near as close as the score indicated. Maryvile had barely 200 yds of offense. Heritage rushed for 350yds that game. Those Heritage kids would rather beat Maryville than any other team on this planet.

Maryville will be up by 28 at the half...at least. This is not 1999.

Stars,

Gov-Man you married one of the good ones raised by good folks.